[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jailed over memes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: They comin for the memes.jpg (49KB, 288x512px) Image search: [Google]
They comin for the memes.jpg
49KB, 288x512px
So the last day for the seniors at my HS was friday. A few of them thought "Hey, why not ride our fourwheelers to school just for fun?".

Well, our new Vice Principal wasn't too fond of that idea, so he threw them all in ACR on their last day. This has led to my schoolmates and I making about a dozen or so memes of the man .

Now there are rumors going around that he's trying to involve the police.

Does anyone here know what we can do to prevent jailtime? Can we even be convicted of anything?

Pic related
>>
Involve the police over what? Memes? As long as no threats or anything extreme were involved youre fine. This is america and we have freedom of speech.

If anything double your meme output and makes ones about him being a freedom hating commie and a spineless coward for calling the cops. Make him fucking snap.
>>
stupid hicks
>>
You're in the US, right? If so, they legally can't do anything to you unless you threatened someone like >>18324642 said
If they try, then sue the shit out of them
>>
>>18324646
:(
>>
He can try and press charges for slander/defamation of character/libel but it probably won;t be won on his end. Your number one priority should he follow through on his threats is stay absolutely silent to anybody but your lawyer. A competent lawyer can easily get your case dismissed, the only way to lose really would be to fuck up and voluntarily submit some sort of admission of guilt that can be twisted against you.
>>
Go to a lawyer.

What you're worried here is about defamniation and slander.

If the meme is like that stupid spongebob "YoU CAnT riDE FoURWheELers" with his face on it, it's fine.

If it's something 9gag autismo where its a rage comic where he admits to fucking gay niggers, or anything offensive that can ruin his name, then yeah its bad.
>>
>>18324659

Slander? Memes arent slander. Its simply an artistic expression of your opinion that is protected by your freedom of speach. If the kid went and had articles in the newspaper saying "vice principle faggot sucked a dick last night and got creampied by 3 homeless men and thats a FACT", then that is slander. You could literally say all of that and put at the end "according to sources" or some sort of vague disclaimer that makes it non-factual - which is why you almost never see the media reporting hard facts ever.

There is literally nothing the guy can do unless you made threats or mentioned violence and shit. NOTHING. The harder he fights the more likely he will be forced to resign.

He can press for defamation though and scare you. He wont win though.
>>
>>18324672
>The more likely he will be forced to resign.

If OP decides to go overdrive with this shit, and the school board decides to fire this dude to save face, OP can be sued for lost wages.
>>
File: article-shmurda-0224.jpg (25KB, 635x423px) Image search: [Google]
article-shmurda-0224.jpg
25KB, 635x423px
>>18324672
Did you expect $150/hr lawyer advice from a bunch of degenerates with spare time?
>>
>>18324672
I was just listing the charges that are relevant to the nature of the scenario and he could possibly attempt to press, whether they hold up or not is another matter.
>>
>>18324688
any advice helps desu
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.