[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he ignoring me (and if so why)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (103KB, 622x633px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 622x633px
Three weeks ago I told a guy, whom I'd been friends with for maybe three years now, that I liked him. He turned me down, but said he really valued our friendship and still wanted to be friends. I said that was fine, so I've been trying to keep our friendship going since.
Except now I get the feeling that he's ignoring me, or something like that. He won't sit next to me in class (which he used to), he doesn't interact with me via social media (i.e. Liking FB posts, which he used to), and I really have no idea why. I'm cool with staying friends but it makes me sad that things are worse off since I admitted my feelings, than they would've been had I never said anything.

Pic = irrelevant, I didn't have anything else on hand.
>>
>>18323063
Are you a femanon?
Honestly, i know it might sound shallow but how do you look? Overweight, ugly, etc?

It's either he likes you as a friend and maybe feels awkward
Or
He actually likes you but is too shy to come off from someone asking him out.
>>
>>18323086
>femanon?
Yeah.

I'm not drop dead gorgeous or model-attractive, but I'm not ugly or overweight either. Average, I'd say.

>he actually likes you but
Well, I mean, one of the things he said when he turned me down was that he's considered dating me before, so-- I don't know what to think.

I'm pretty sure he's not the shy type, though, so I don't think he'd be ignoring me or w/e out of sheer shyness.
>>
>>18323063
Yes, he's avoiding you. You've made the friendship awkward. He said he wants to remain good friends, and he probably meant it, but at the end of the day that isn't always possible and that's not his fault, and not your fault either. You took a risk, it didn't pay off, that happens. Lace up your boots and move on.
>>
>>18323123
I can't say for certain why he wouldn't. Maybe he doesn't want to lose you as a friend, when relationshios go south, so does attitudes toward one another. For instance, back when i was in highschool i dated a old friend that knew For years, after months of dating she was getting to flirty with other guys so i confronted her about it, we ended up braking up weeks later because that started a bunch of arguments (im not the jealous type but shit was hurting me), after that relationship i not only lost a girl i really liked, but a close friend who knew me well. Dating friends is hard anon. It never goes well, he is probably trying to brush it off which will take some time, but this could save a friendship

In short, friendzoned
Try to talk to him about it though. Don't be to direct but try to talk in person.
>>
>>18323142
I have considered talking about it with him, actually, except I don't know what to say/how to go about it. My main concern is that talking about it could be a severance point and I really don't want to sever our friendship.

>brush it off
? He's the one who turned me down, wouldn't I be the one trying to brush it off?

>when relationships go south
I can't guess why he'd think quasi-ignoring me would keep him from losing me as a friend. I really want to keep on being friends, though, so I'm trying my best to be as normal, myself. Is there anything I can do to fix the situation?
>>
Im nlt sure anon. I've been in many relationships but never really ignored the other flat out.

He is trying to brush off the fact you asked him out because he wants time to forget about it. I may not be right, but the only way is to ask him. Relationship advice isn't my Forte but i hope i could help a little.
>>
>>18323191
He didn't ignore me flat out, we still talk (mostly small talk, though) and walk to the bus stop after school. It's just those two things (FB and sitting apart in class) that he never used to do prior.

>brush off
Oh, yeah, I see what you mean. That makes sense.

I really appreciate the advice, thank you so much.
>>
>>18323063
so why you dont ask him about his behaviour ?
>>
>>18323232
What do I say?
>>
>>18323306

>"hey anon, i have something:
we both know that i had feelings for you.
you wanted only a friendship. it wasnt easy for me , but i accept it.
i dont want lose you or our friendship, and i realised that you changed your behavior to me. can you tell me why?!"

or something like that..
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.