[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you show love and support to your dad as an adult son?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

How do you show love and support to your dad as an adult son?
>>
File: 1451090807863-0.jpg (53KB, 950x594px) Image search: [Google]
1451090807863-0.jpg
53KB, 950x594px
Just visit him every weekend if possible, pay for his lunch or dinner and talk about life.
He will be glad to see you doing well in life or help if you are going through hard times.
>>
By not being a disapointment
>>
Know his love language. Cater to it.
>>
>>18323513
How do I figure it out? What if it's touch?
>>
>>18323971
Give him a fucking hug you homo.
>>
I wanna support my dad since he clearly has a lot of issues but I feel like his ego and delusion runs so deep that he would never admit he needs help, let alone respond to the idea that he needs help.
He used to shame me a lot as a child, and was verbally abusive to my mom - which made me feel unsafe around him. My mom once told me he was referred to therapy for his alcoholism, but he "didn't like it" and never sought any further help - and that's all I know about the situation. My family seem to try and cover up anything they think would be of concern to others, and it's made a very emotionally repressed home.
>>
>>18324466
Do you tell him you love him?
>>
You don't. Unless you're gay.
>>
>Thanks for looking out for me old man.

thats how i would do it OP
>>
>>18324963
Does he like being called old man?
>>
>>18324949
Why?
>>
>>18325092
Yes
>>
>>18325884
Because he wants you to be strong and not an effeminate girly man. Show him you care by being successful and buying him something he will enjoy.
>>
>>18327611
>hurr showing your father that you love him is ~gay

You will sure be proud of that line of thinking when your father is dead and you can't tell him you love him anymore. Grow up.
>>
>>18327632
I fucking hated my father and yes he is dead and I'm glad, so fuck you, you little girly man.
>>
>>18327638
Okay, so because you have daddy issues you instruct people with loving fathers to give them the cold shoulder. What the fuck are you doing ITT? If you hated your father you know nothing of this bond. Go cry somewhere else about what a dick daddy was.
>>
>>18327641
I'm not crying, faggot. I'm fucking jumping for joy that he's dead. I'm happy.
>>
My dad likes when we ask him to do errands for us or just talk to him about current events or his past life.
>>
File: image.jpg (1017KB, 1320x740px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1017KB, 1320x740px
Road trips baby, road trips solve everything.

Save some money, set up a date when you're both free and travel with your dad. Don't go to any fancy hotels or dogshit tourist locations you're both grown men, the purpose isn't comfort, it's catching up in. Try to go to places he went to when he was younger, or to places he used to take you. Go through woodlands, mountains, beaches, get drunk with him in a crappy motel in the middle of a shitty dusty town, build your own fun with him.

You'l make him feel young again, you'l make him see you as a good friend and not just some kid. Any issues either of you have can be discussed far away from outside factors. Do this and you'l connect with him far better than if you bought him a shitty gift or ate dinner with him.
>>
>>18327641
Tuck your penis between your legs, shave your legs, and dance around for him like a stripper. He'll enjoy that.
>>
>>18327668
>I'm glad my dad is dead
>Take my advice on how to deal with your father

Okay.
>>
>>18327709
>comparing showing affection to your father with being a sissy stripper

I'm sure you find a way to tell yourself it's supremely masculine to be this scared of human emotions.
>>
>>18327668
>I'm not crying
Whatever you say.
>>
What about mothers? I have a hard time trying to be nice around her. She is nice and did so many things for me but I'm always pushing her away from my problems. When I do tell her my problems she brings them up too much and it makes me feel insecure in a way. I'm 22 and I really wanna get past this dumb permanent teenage angst.

Not OP btw.
>>
>>18327777
Just spend time with her and don't even ask for advice
>>
What do you do with your dad as an adult son?
>>
>>18328189
She bothers me even when I do something as simple as watch TV with her or go do errands.
>>
>>18327777
23 here. my mom is a bit more chill, we have a lot of similar interests, but when we're in a fight or if I'm feeling distant from the family I've noticed just surprising her with "I love you" or "I dont say this enough, but Im really lucky to have you" goes a long way. I know it's cliche as fuck but everyone likes hearing these things, especially parents because they really get used to doing SO much without any thanks at all.
>>
>>18327777
Moms are easy. Literally take them out to lunch and talk to them about your day and they'll be happy.

Random gifts are always nice. As long as she feels she is "in the know" as far as your life is concerned, you're good. If at any point she says something like "he never tells me anything", you're not doing it right.
>>
>>18322966
There's nothing more bonding activity, than blowing off your own father.
>>
>>18328279
How do I initiate a blowjob with my dad?
>>
Wouldn't know. My dad died earlier this year.
>>
>>18328395
Sorry bro. You tell him you love him?
>>
>>18328502
Never
>>
>>18329270
I hope he didn't die thinking that you did not love him
>>
>>18327638
If that's true you have no business in this thread. You have no experience and you know nothing about a positive father-son relationship.

>>18327777
She's just worried about you, Anon. Don't tell her your problems, and when she asks just say everything's fine, and if she gets all concerned just tell her she worries too much and doesn't need to worry about you. Ask how her day's going. Even if you don't listen to whatever she has to say she'll appreciate the pretence anyway.
>>
>>18328201
Bump
>>
>>18322966
I give him the best deep throats he has ever had. He can't stay put with a girlfriend because he keeps looking for my TLC.
>>
Since I moved out to uni, I do not talk to my dad at all, only when I visit my family.
I am not very frequently on the phone with my mother, maybe 2 times a week, but it is still more.
I dont know how to keep in touch and what to talk about on the phone.
>>
>>18327668
>These aren't tears of utter regret
Yashur
>>
>>18322966
depends on the dad, but I'd assume just let him know in some way that you're thankful and appreciative for the things he's done for you. Most dads just don't get much recognition.
>>
>>18329441
How do you initiate? Does he feel guilty?
>>
>>18329553
What if he plays it off when I do that?
>>
>>18329589
Come up behind him when he's changing
>>
I love you
>>
>>18324466
My life, my dad is just like that,
I don't speak to him,
I think every now and then me being out here doing my thing is the right thing because I am not letting him put me down to bring himself up. Maybe trying to show your love and support isn't worth back because if it is just about the appearance, then it isn't making a difference. Be loving and supporting, it is straight forward, and if he is emotionally repressed, then don't let yourself, because one is responsible to oneself.

Basically lead by example
If being loving and supportive it is the same for anyone, love and support yourself.
>>
How do you get an emotionally repressed dad to show love back?
>>
>>18330715
Hahahahaha fucking brilliant
>>
>>18332354
Bump
>>
Is it weird to give a father figure (very very close older male friend/mentor) a father's day present?
>>
>>18332360
Thanks I needed this affirmation
>>
>>18322966
Ask him for help with various stuff. Its an excuse that lets you talk and also lets him feel that he still matters in your life.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.