[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized I'm an asshole. Is there a cure for that?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 20170516_183923.jpg (152KB, 841x887px) Image search: [Google]
20170516_183923.jpg
152KB, 841x887px
I just realized I'm an asshole.
Is there a cure for that?
>>
A bullet to the head.
>>
Find Jesus or God and live a better person.
>>
>>18322495
I'm too pussy for that.
>>
>>18322498
Raised religious, didn't seem to help.
>>
Use it to advance your personal gains. Read Machiavelli or something.
>>
Or read how to win Friends and influence people if you wanna be nice.
>>
>>18322511
But I aspire to be a 'nice guy'.
(Maybe that's part of my problem.)
>>
>>18322490
Keep your assholeness on tolerable levels.
>>
>>18322518
If you can't help it, be selective. Choose a small group of people who deserves you as nice guy and put all your effort in this.
>>
>>18322519
But lack of self-awareness is part of my problem. I'm often an unintentional asshole. Probably mildly autistic, like so many people here.
>>
>>18322527
Does 4chan count?
>>
>>18322533
Nope on here you can be a total asshole, go ahead. Keep safe close people irl
>>
lets accept the oversimplification of niceness to a binary value, (a person is an asshole or is not an asshole).
Can we really claim that the knowledge of ones niceness does not affect said niceness, making at least four different levels of nice:
1 nice + knows is nice
2 nice + does not know is nice
3 not nice + knows is not nice
4 not nice + does not know is not nice
Thus by having four different levels of niceness the original premise is disproved.

-> Are those levels in the right order, for instance is 1 nicer than 2?
>>
>>18322530
Just apologize then. Could it work for you?
>>
>>18322503
Being raised religious doesn't mean anything if you don't personally have a relationship with Christ. You can modify your behavior to be less abrasive but none of that matters if your soul is lost.

That said just think about the things you say and do and how you would feel if the same was done to you.
>>
File: 20170516_190544.jpg (30KB, 206x154px) Image search: [Google]
20170516_190544.jpg
30KB, 206x154px
>>18322545
>>
>>18322551
To who? The universe?
>>
>>18322560
I'm sorry, but some of the biggest assholes I know are christians.
>>
>>18322560
Omg I thought the find jesus comment was a joke, I even giggled
>>
>>18322560
Oh fuck off
>>
>>18322570
Plus the dude totally cheats at hide and seek. Could not even stay put in his grave. Can not be found.
>>
>>18322567
Assholes do asshole things. I don't know what you've done to come to say you're one.
If you did something wrong or hurt someone's feelings, apologize at least. It's something.

Why are you an asshole OP?
>>
>>18322581
Well, I suppose unlikeable would be more apt. I just tend to rub people the wrong way.
>>
>>18322579
Also it's pretty easy to accept death and to act morally if you know you're the fucking son of God.
>>
>>18322585
Do you mind making an example?
>>
>>18322597
I think I try to hard to be funny sometimes. I'll make what I think is a good joke, and people will just look at me like I farted.
>>
>>18322605
Well trying to make people laugh doesn't make you an asshole, at all.
You're probably a bit awkward, like all of us. Or you just have a bad sense of humor, but someone could even appreciate it one day.
>>
>>18322605
That sound more like insecurity and being a bad storyteller or having an improper sense of humor. Don't hold back. Tell us why you are an asshole.
>>
>>18322616
>>18322617
Ok, ok, maybe I'm not an asshole.
I just made this thread for self-validation.
Wait, does that make me an asshole?
>>
>>18322625
It makes you normal.
>>
>>18322628
So being an asshole is normative?
>>
>>18322639
Absolutely not.
Nothing you mentioned is a asshole behavior, that's it.
>>
>>18322646
Guess I need to brush up on asshology.
>>
>>18322652
I'll give you a quick intro.
One of the best ways to be an asshole is to hurt someones feelings on purpose.
Another great thing to do is to break the social norm and when confronted deny everything no matter what evidence is presented.
If you are lazy just kick a small animal. But this will not give you bragging rights among other assholes. It is too easy. Making someone hurt small animals that you know will regret it, that is next level assholeness, props if you figure out how to pull that one off.
>>
What asshole behavior do you have?
It's hard to know what to say without that.

It says you want to be a "nice guy" so I'll give you some information about things that guys who want to be nice often do that are asshole things.

1. Try to be less judgmental. A lot of men who were raised religious who I've met who are accidental assholes basically see every lifestyle choice or whatever like a math problem- there's one right answer and everyone should live the same way. Anyone who wants to live any other way is somehow dumb, immoral, etc. Realize that people are wired differently and have different opinions about the type of life they want. It's still okay to have a strong moral compass for your own life, what kind of people you want to be close friends with, what kind of people you want to date, etc. But people who want some other type of life than you aren't bad people or stupid people. Try to see their point of view and adopt a "live and let live" attitude for anyone who isn't doing something that's fucking up your life.

2. Develop more empathy. Read or watch dramas or historical or autobiographical stuff that will give you more perspective on how people with very different lives than you have reacted to things. When someone does something that you think is weird, try to find out what they were thinking or feeling that made them do that- Don't interrogate people, but google that behavior and read psychology shit, try to think about things from their perspective, etc.

3. If you have trouble taking criticism, try to work on that. Some people have this problem because they don't have a lot to feel proud of so it makes them feel like they are being attacked or other people don't think they are good enough. You might need to deal with low self esteem, depression, or anxiety. You might need to avoid replying to criticism til you have a few minutes to calm down.
>>
>>18322806
And what if I have low self esteem, depression & anxiety?
>>
Option 1: Try to see what behaviors could be considered "assholeish" and fix then.

Option 2: Live with it and try to find people that tolerate or behave like your
>>
>>18322955
Join a community of assholes?
Like the GOP?
>>
File: opinion.png (71KB, 500x151px) Image search: [Google]
opinion.png
71KB, 500x151px
>>18322639
>normative?

Kind of. Asshole just means someone you disagree with. It's subjective and is beyond meaningless.

people who use the word seriously are assholes.

The beauty is: so is everyone else.
>>
File: 20170516_232115.jpg (513KB, 830x776px) Image search: [Google]
20170516_232115.jpg
513KB, 830x776px
>>18323043
I knew it! I'm surrounded by assholes!
>>
what makes you an asshole?
>>
>>1832313072
I don't even know anymore. Someone needs to write 'On Assholeness'.
>>
>>18322579
He had a respawn left.
>>
>>18323072
Keep firing, assholes!
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.