[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I responsible for my subonciouses inpulses I had no intent in doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: cato.jpg (18KB, 498x404px) Image search: [Google]
cato.jpg
18KB, 498x404px
I have anxiety and BPD, today I hit someone and couldnt controll it and had no intention of doing it.
today at school I was doing "break duty" where you have to just make sure people arent doing anything bad/stupid etc and this group of idiots 2 years younger than me were turning this big hoover on and I was telling them to stop and that theyre not allowed but they kept doing it thinking they were funny, I was so so so anxious and i felt like i was outer body and vibrating, all I could manage to do was call them sad idiots etc and push them out of the way, when they were al leaving at the end of break one turned it back on and I punched him, I dont even remember the actual punch and I had no intent of punching him and didnt want to, my arm jsut did it and then he tried to grab me by the throat but I just pushed him off and left
Am I accountable for this? I think he deseved it yet I feel guilty. Im also worried ill get in shit lol
>>
>>18321697
yes, you are totally responsible
>>
>>18321697
The only thing you did wrong was not following it up with a proper beat down.
>>
>>18321740
lol
>>
I'm bipolar and have anxiety, too, but uh I think this only happens in very high stress situations. there are a few time where I've had outbursts because people wouldn't leave me the fuck alone, but I've never hurt someone physically
>>
>>18321748
Ok, thank you
I have had situations like this occur to me before too, once I broke my mums eye socket when she was yelling abuse at me, she had relapsed one too many times and it was driving me insane, and when she just tried to fuck me up evben more with it it just sparked something for that milisecond i swung my fist
>>
>>18321697
Yes, you're accountable but don't be too hard on yourself. Idiots are idiots regardless of whether you're disordered or not; it's impossible to expect that they'll stop. So the only logical thing to do is to learn to be responsible for yourself.

Since you say you have BPD: Are you doing DBT or mentalization-based therapy? More than medication, they're the best thing for the disorder and they'll help you handle for your feelings and impulses practically so you don't end up doing things you'll regret.
>>
>>18322431
>don't be too hard on yourself
great fucking advice

he has a condition in which he needs exactly to be evem more hard on himself than an average person. Otherwise he'll end up in jail as soon as he's old enough

the school is the last place for him to try hard and learn self control
>>
That is temporary insanity. You are not responsible.
The fact that you felt an out of body experience.
The feeling of being on autopilot.
The triggered memories and experiences from the feeling you felt when you were powerless to control a situation you felt you were responsible to control, made you snap.
In that situation you were not in control of yourself. The stress triggered a state of mind that amount to temporary insanity.
I have had this happen to me a few time in my life, you probably have some severe trauma and PTSD.
>>
>>18321697
you are accountable for it if you are the type to refuse intensive therapy and meds. people with mental illness have a responsibility to take their meds and be stable, functioning members of society.
>>
>>18322500
This. You're not legally responsible for what occurs during your outbursts/breakdowns, but you keep like this you will be getting sectioned, no ifs, buts, or maybes. You know you've got mental problems, it's your problem to deal with them (see a therapist, get advice for how to handle it, meds, etc.) because no-one else will and if you don't you're just going to end up fucked.
>>
>>18322500
I'm not saying, "No fucking worries, whatever." I'm saying beating yourself up isn't going to give you the motivation to maintain or even enter treatment. Regardless, responsibility is different from a superactive superego.

One of the first rules of BPD treatment is that you're not responsible for things in the past - when you weren't in treatment or diagnosed - but you're very much responsible for your future. OP is obviously diagnosed, but nonetheless.

No, school is not the place to learn this shit; but it's where you'd eventually apply it.
>>
>>18322757
>school is not the place to learn this shit;
I meant the school years, actually. Before he becomes a legal adult. And school itself doesn't seem to bad of a training ground either - there is a great abundance of occasions to go apeshit, which one can't escape anyway.
>>
>>18322604
>in the first post OP informs he's diagnosed with one mental disease
>he diagnoses some other ones basing on one account described in a few sentences

/adv/ in a nutshell
>>
>>18322431
thank you
yes I am on sertraline, and some other stuff, and therapy
>>18322604
Possibly, I have had a pretty sitty life and also was fostered by an abusive family at one point when I was litle but I dont remember it, maybe its the memories trying to escape lol
>>18322626
I go to therapy, outreach services, and take medication

Thanks for the replies guys, I really appreciate it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.