[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please explain to me Minions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3477.jpg (68KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3477.jpg
68KB, 640x640px
People keep comparing minions to the spinner thing, top 40...but it's not like those things. The minions were interesting as little goons, but the fact they are still making movies and plastering them up on Facebook and balloons at the grocery store makes me feel like I'm living on another planet. I saw a trailer for the new movie, and one was doing a sort of vocal performance that corny people like Presbytarians and Jews go to see, and it was honestly disturbing. I don't get it. How do people find these things cute, show them to their kids, and become attached to them? Please explain it to me!
>>
Like Pokemon but with less flavors.
>>
>>18321036
Pretty much. It's a little yellow round thing with bubble eyes and a smile. Same reason why Smiley's turned into emotes and then, "the emoji movie". People are running out of good ideas and just steal aspects from ones that have worked in an attempt to keep the entertainment addiction fed.
>>
>>18321043
>>18321036
>"like Pokemon"
Ive put a few thousand hours into pokemon as a kid. Try explaining another way, if you can.

I think you would maybe need to like them yourself to relate to this absurdity

>emoji movie
Emojis are fun and useful

>cute little guys
They're mildly visually disturbing
>>
>>18321052
>I think you would maybe need to like them yourself to relate to this absurdity
>Emojis are fun and useful

Different strokes for different folks. Don't put too much thought into it.

Also i was referring to the pokemon movies not the games or tcg
>>
>>18321108
But I am I'm asking if someone knows why they're appealing

I guess nobody here likes them

Im just fucking sick of fans going
DURR I JUST LIKE EM
>>
>>18321031
People are stupid and like stupid things.

/thread
>>
>>18321120
>Im just fucking sick of fans going DURR I JUST LIKE EM
What's wrong with people liking them but not realyly having an explanation for it?
I'd imagine most minion fans are kids, who probably don't know why they like it outside of "I dunno, just cause."

Everyone has different tastes and preferences, don't dwell on it.
>>
>>18321120
It's impossible to explain why something is appealing to masses in more than just simple detail because you can't apply heavy inferences along large numbers and expect them to stay accurate.

What we said it the basic jist of it and you just don't want to acknowledge it. You said it yourself, you played Pokemon for years. You didn't explain -why- you found it appealing.
>>
>>18321163
bravo

Now can someone answer the question?
>>
>>18321156
full grown adults like em too theyre huffing inhalants

I see where they fit into Despicable Me, they were good in that, but I don't understand the craze in any way.
>>
>>18321180
Yes, it's because they were designed to be cute as communicated through their round shape language and head to body proportions. Jesus Christ, just fuck off already, nobody gives a fuck.
>>
Several reasons.

1. People like it because marketing proffesional "like" them. The company pays a fuck ton of money to make sure minions are always everywhere and become accepted/popular by the mere exposure effect.

2. They are that special kind of marketing magic obnoxious. The kids either love it (because of mere exposure and /kids are dumb/) or everyone else hates it. Either way they are being shared and talked about and any kind of exposure is still more exposure (see 1.).

3. Baby shapes = generic cute

4. "simple" jokes for "simple" people.
>>
I have seen 1/4 of one of their movies and had a kid explain most of it to me. So I'm by no means an expert.
The minions are a great product. They could be the Hello kitty of the west. Same cuteness. It saddens me that they seem to lack the depth of say Mickey, who is still hot, but he had edge without being bad or evil. The Angry birds are good shapes, but the anger makes them unsuitable for many things. Minions are better than HK or even Mickey in there being more than one of them. Smurfs are too similar among themselves and kind of stereotypical. The Disney entourage of Mickey is too diverse to be considered versions of a thing, like the Angry birds are, and also Minions. Minions could be huge and long lived. They are similar enough to fit one design of a product but different enough for the versions to be interesting. If they had versions of different colors from the beginning they might have been more interesting, but the homogeneous color scheme is good in the beginning when launching a new set of characters, simple strong branding.
>>
>>18321120
Small, squishy, big eyed, slapstick, that speak gibberish.

Id think they were cute if I only saw them in the movie
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.