[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to endure living torture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0550.jpg (64KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0550.jpg
64KB, 634x476px
>be me
>have 9/10 looks, Greek god style
>have eczema
>when skin is clear, I live life well, date beautiful girls, and am motivated to achieve personal goals
>when skin is inflamed, my confidence is obliterated and I am transformed into a shut-in / hikikomori with a perma-virgin mindset

Why do I live such a dual existence? I'd rather be a 100% shut-in than this weird 50/50 type deal that I've been handed. It's like life is teasing me a happy, exciting life that I'll never be able to fully have because of this stupid, unpredictable disease.
>>
>>18319194
During your clear skin phase can't you get the beautiful girl to develop feelings for you so that when you have bad skin she will accept it and still be attracted to you?

Also, foundation, tried it?
>>
realize that nobody is lowering you from "Greek god" status because your skin is inflamed
>>
>>18319201
Never gotten to that stage. I always have short flings. The idea of sustaining anything long-term is daunting to me, because I can't conceive of a woman wanting me while I've got terrible skin. I guess i need to work past that because it's not true?

Foundation is a possibility but there's a high chance it'll just bring out face eczema, the worst kind :/
>>
>>18319212

> because I can't conceive of a woman wanting me while I've got terrible skin. I guess i need to work past that because it's not true?

Well, there's only one way to find out
>>
Getting past 23 is also pretty helpful, OP.
>>
>>18319194
Femanon here, 29 and been told I range from 5/10 to 7,8/10. Do you want me to marry you and I'll care for you when the eczema acts up?
>>
>>18319194
Become a 100% shut-in because you aren't completely perfect in every way

Either that or realize nobody leads a perfect life and learn to live with this one small flaw you have while you bask in your overwhelming luck in other places
>>
>>18319764
fuck off roastie
>>
I don't have any advice but have you seen The Singing Detective? It's about a similar thing to what you're going through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI10_bFyqig
>>
I have eczema too.

I just apply hydrocortisone to the affected areas when I'm feeling even the least bit itchy. I have never had problems with eczema since.
>>
Drink lots of water, moisturize like crazy after a shower, do not shower with water that's too hot, get more sleep, stay out in the sun more, use extreme moisturizing and healing creams with hydrocortisone on spots that flare up.

Also, do not wear scratchy clothes, either use less or more hypoallergenic detergent, do not use perfumes and shitty cologne (use deodorant and cologne sparingly).
>>
>>18319194
I also have eczema, but only in small patches. Have you seen a dermatologist? It's pretty quick to treat if you have the right medication, but I think the good ointments are all prescription.
>>
If it's really serious, you need to see a dermatologist and get some steroid treatments to calm it down. That shit can get bad - I've gotten a few infections from it when I've gotten it bad on my ears, nipples, arms, calves and I kept trying to wait it out.

Inevitably I would end up scratching because you just can't help it - eczema itching is not like chicken pox or a mosquito bite, it's an INTENSE itch and you feel an almost orgasmic sense of relief/please when you scratch it... but only for a short while, then you feel the burning pain and see the oozing plasma and blood. I used to look at miniature moon-scapes on my skin because of little patches where my pores were supposed to be had fallen off from the inflammation. Now I drink water like a motherfucker and use only mild soaps and shit made for sensitive skin - plus I try to walk and be outside to whenever the sun is up. I STILL get minor flare-ups.
>>
>>18320205

But to put a positive spin on things, I recently got engaged to a smart, peppy, ambitious little Asian chick with big, fat tits and an adorable face.

So it's definitely a mental thing - I don't know how bad your eczema gets but there are steps you can take to help control it I'm sure.

If you don't want to go so far as to use steroids, I would suggest taking some anti-histamines to see if that helps. At it's core, eczema is a condition where your immune system goes into overdrive and makes your skin behave like it's being attacked when there's nothing there. That's basically the same thing as what an allergy does, so claritin and allega etc. have also helped me with flare-ups.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.