[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was never good with homework and organising things or time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 6-25-underwater-art-02.jpg (229KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
6-25-underwater-art-02.jpg
229KB, 1440x960px
I was never good with homework and organising things or time.

I know I can do it, and I do realise I'm my own obstacle, I just think the way I approach my problem is wrong.

How do I successfully get shit done? Should I take a nap when I come home from school? Should I take long breaks? Should I reward myself? How do I motivate myself to get shit done for school so I can have enough time to do things I actually enjoy doing?
>>
Can relate sum1 pls halp us
>>
bump pls
>>
Hi im the same. This is what you do, you leave it till the last minute and rush and get it done.Just enjoy your free time and worry bout it when the pressures on.
Heres an example, When i was at school i had a huge project we had 1month to finish. I got up earlly 4am before school on the day the project was due and did it and passed. Later when i started working shit would be cruzey. Then the boss would be like shit we gotta deadline pressures on and i was all calm cause im used to being under pressure.
>>
>>18320072
This works. This is what I've been doing for the past years. However the end result is mediocre atmost. I really want to be accepted at the university so mediocre marks are not an option. I know I can do better I just lack the motivation. I hope someone has a decent advice on how to get shit done and study efficiently.
>>
File: owl.jpg (33KB, 243x250px) Image search: [Google]
owl.jpg
33KB, 243x250px
>>18319089
Study your own studying habits. Do you get bored and distracted just 20-25 minutes in? Work around that.

Study for as long as you can, and the moment you find yourself distracted, take a small 3-5 minute break. Walk around, listen to some music, drink some water, whatever works for you. Games, internet and such are forbidden.

Now resume, and take another break when you notice your attention drifting. Continue until you have gained about 45-60 minutes of studying, then take a longer 15-20 minute break.

Some people call this podomoro. I don't care as long as it works.
>>
>>18321006
Sounds good man. Problem is the second I try to study my mind wanders. I started reading books, which helped, but I'm not too good at that either. I always have to take short breaks from reading 2 or 3 pages, sometimes even a paragraph. And those are things I enjoy reading.

I get where you're going with the lack of use of internet and games. I don't play games and I keep my laptop out of reach. Nevertheless I keep using this piece of shit of a phone, which I always keep at home anyways but use it for useless shit. I'll try to listen to music more often because apparently that relaxes me a little and make those my breaks.

How do I focus on disgusting shit like history and such. It's a pain to read from the history book, and it's in german which is even harder. Not my mother tongue. Why am I complaining instead of getting to it.

If you have further advice I'd appreciate it. Also thanks for the advice given.
>>
>>18319089
>drive
You can either push yourself, or get pushed. If you want to get pushed, go be homeless, or starve. If you don't want to do that, then push yourself.

Get a peice of paper, and write down everything you need to do that day. Everything, down to eating, sleeping, brushing your teeth. Write down what you will eat ( it can be vague) write down how long you will sleep. Write down driving to school. Write down everything. Write down your month long goal, and break it up into smaller tasks.

When you go about your day, go about it according to that list. When you complete something, cross it off your list. If something takes too much time, go faster or find a better way.

Most people dont want to do something because it consumes too much time or effort. If you get faster and smarter at doing your tasks, then do dont take so much effort, and you wont have to feel like begging for attention as a reward for doing your laundry.
>>
>>18321019
Sounds bad. Do you happen to have some ADD or something similar?

WRT music, most people suggest music without lyrics as they can be another distraction. Others prefer using sites like
http://rainymood.com/
https://mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/fireNoiseGenerator.php

Again, experiment with these and don't be afraid to drop them if they are a distraction.

Making notes and underlining things from your textbook is supposed to help you later when you are revising for the exam. Underline the relevant parts, and try to sum the chapter with a few bulleted points.

For some reason, writing the notes with a pen seems to help with recalling the facts later; I didn't get the same results with typing them as I listened.
>>
>>18321033
Thanks for the advice but I'll just try meditating instead. I don't like to live in a rush. I know someone who is exactly like that and can never be satisfied. She always has to do something and get it done quickly. That's not how I want to live, however writing distracting thouths down seemed to have helped me.
>>
>>18321086
I think what I have is lazyness and an untrained brain. I don't know much about add. Where I'm from it doesn't really exist. I think add is simply a lack of meditation and a consequence of a series of bad decisions.

Sorry for being stupid, you basically described the way everyone learns. I was always too lazy to sum things up and underline and write them down. Yoy might have motivated me to learn. I'll try right away
>>
>How do I motivate myself to get shit done for school so I can have enough time to do things I actually enjoy doing
>How do I focus on disgusting shit like history and such

A trick is to trick yourself into thinking that what you are studying IS interesting and fun to do, but what is even better is to actually MAKE what you study interesting.
A friend of mine had the same problem as you. Couldn't motivate himself to study and found it just as an obstacle between the things he enjoyed and himself. He'd read and nothing would really stick, it was all just a bunch of words and sentences which he couldn't see as anything but "foreign data that I can't compute".
The approach he took to this problem (after having some A-ha moment) was to read at a MUCH slower pace, and by slow I mean a single word at a time. He'd treat each word with care and did not move on to the next until he felt that he'd achieved a certain point of focus ("letting that one word occupy my mind for as long as it took..") that let him reach a deeper state of concentration.
This maybe doesn't sound all too fun but this was the first step for him to start cultivating his power of concentration, which is what you will benefit of greatly.

Will have to cut this much shorter than I'd hoped since I have to go.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.