[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DEPRESSED, need help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

>Sad everyday
>Wake up wanting to die
>Cry all day
>over-react to negative energy from family
>always getting into arguments and fights
>feel like everyone is against me
>feel too much
>been extremely suicidal lately
>why is there no help out there
>want to kill myself
I'm thinking of going on prozac or something.
I just want to feel nothing.
I just want to be normal.
>>
Hang in there. There IS help out there. Prozac might not be a bad idea. Can you get access to therapy? If not, it sounds like a cliche, but exercise can also help lessen emotions. Anything to externalize, and realize that the problem is not inside you. It is worth fighting the battle against depression, although it isn't easily won.
>>
File: tumblr_mshp62UonW1s96bbdo1_540.jpg (54KB, 540x344px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mshp62UonW1s96bbdo1_540.jpg
54KB, 540x344px
Conceal yourself with the lord. Jesus Christ. I'd suggest listening to Gothic chants or other different kinds of chants that will somehow degrade this depression of yours.

e.g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0

Gothic chant - Sanctorum Exultatio. I hope this will help somehow. Please I bag you, god bless you. Be strong.
>>
>>18319003
Here's my kik if you wanna talk
famve
>>
>>18319003
Psychological counseling is your best bet, OP. A lot of well-meaning people can tell you a lot of feel-good things, but there is a reason psych counselors are required to be licensed before they are allowed to help people.
>>
>>18319003

OP just letting you know everyone avoids depressed people like the plague. So don't.
>>
>>18320314
Second this. Counseling is why I'm not dead.

Good luck OP. I promise, if you make it, you'll look back on these times and be thankful for the strength they gave you.
>>
No drugs. That's a easy answer. It helps your mood but you will become dependent and be fucked without em and it will alter your chemicals in your head. Do you have anything going for you? Also don't deepen the arguments and stuff like that. People care for you but it may be hard to see. Work out and talk to strangers
>>
>>18319003
Amen to what the other advicefags have said, but I would also add go and get yourself some exercise. Find a simple online exercise regime. Set yourself a goal of 3 sessions per week. Trust me on this...cured me!
>>
Consider suicide and post if there is an afterlife
>>
>>18319003
then kill yourself
>>
>>18319931
Depression isn't a battle. It's endured. Coming from someone who suffers from depression for 10 years.
>>
some decent advice above OP, ignore the crap.
reach out, talk a counsellor or the family doctor, get a bit more active, step by step. and give this a spin, it may help: http://www.mediafire.com/file/stl5ctg1ptogszt/MWTD.zip
>>
>>18320817
>Offering computer viruses as a cure for depression
>>
>>18321888
mindful way through depression. a virus for healthy living if you like.
>>
>>18320142
lol
>>
>>18320523
you are literally retarded. kill yourself
>>
>>18319003
>feel like everyone is against me
No one is against you, OP. They are just for themselves, everyone else be damned.

If you cant access therapy as others have suggested, try some basic meditation.

Take 5 minutes to just STOP, calm down, and think about what your problems are objectively and what you can do about them, without adding emotion to the mix.
>>
>>18319003
Prozac may work well in this case. Prozac (generic: fluoxetine) is in a class of medication known as Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), which work by preventing neurons in your body from unnecessarily reabsorbing the neurotransmitter serotonin. In the body, serotonin acts to regulate sleep and mood, among a couple other functions. It is normal for a neuron to "reuptake" certain excess neurotransmitters. However, in some cases of clinical depression, the problem may lie with the reuptake process interfering with the normal functioning of neurotransmission of serotonin from one neuron to another. By preventing the unnecessary reuptake, serotonin may be allowed to do its thing the right way.

This is absolutely something that must be determined by a qualified psychiatrist. Personally, I have taken both Prozac and Paxil (generic: paroxetine) at different times, and it seems that I responded better to Paxil than Prozac. In addition to medication, it would be useful to get some therapy to help you reconceptualize these problematic thoughts and behaviors. In the industry, it is known as Cognitive-Behavioral therapy.
>>
>>18319003
Some great advice above!
If you have to live with your family for the time being, I would let your parents know the way you are feeling. Literally everything you said is how I felt several years ago, and I'm glad I told my parents. I went on Prozac and it did work, exercised (felt awesome), and made some friends. You are not alone, anon. There IS help out there, but you must take action. If you stay where you are and not do anything and just keep wishing things to get better, it won't. And no one is normal. Accept who you are because you're the only one of you.
>>
>>18319003
Don't ever delude yourself, you're not entitled to help. Focus on one specific goal in your life and take action immediately (not suicide though). Calm down and stop crying. If you think you have a uncontrollable mental illness, however, see a psychiatrist and he/she will give you some meds. Don't sudoku, that will just make you a burden on everyone else who is still alive that you supposedly "love". Ok? Ok.
>>
I have the same problem as OP except instead of feeling negative all the time I just feel a kind of sinking nothingness that kills any potential motivation to do things. I sometimes think I should get therapy or at least tell someone, but I can manage to feel happy with my friends and I can function well enough overall, so Im not sure if it would even be neccesary or if it's just a waste of money?

I'd prefer not to have to feel like this all the time, with it only being lessened by my friends sometimes, but I also don't want to waste money if it isn't going to give actual results, considering I'm still relying on my parents.
>>
>>18323365
Having no feeling can actually be more deadly than feeling bad. Two of the greatest predictors of suicide attempts are feeling helpless and feeling hopeless. Getting therapy is definitely worth it! There absolutely is help available, and I guarantee your parents will feel it is worth the effort.
>>
>>18323426
Thanks anon, I'll consider it
>>
>>18323360
this is a very mixed post, anon.
folks do have a right to get help, just not to annoy other people (often unintentionally). Nothing frightens people away like the stench of despair emanating from the depressive character. Self-pity is absolutely the worst emotion possible because it paralyses and rots everything. don't fall for that trap.

get proper counselling, of course, and give the mindful way through depression a shot, it will help if you try. take each day step by step, and remember in order to break the grip of this thing, you need to develop positive habits. and to break bad habits, they must be replaced by good habits. step by step anon. good luck!
>>
>>18320314
third this.
also, this: http://www.mediafire.com/file/stl5ctg1ptogszt/MWTD.zip
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.