[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with a breakup?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Just broke up with my boyfriend who I still have massive feelings for, how do I get over it? This is the first time I've ever been broken up with and I feel so shitty I can hardly eat or even function. I just wanna get over him already.
>>
Time.

Give a few months, relax, cry.
>>
File: celexa__jpg-100353-250x250.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
celexa__jpg-100353-250x250.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>18318839
It takes time. Depending on how much you loved someone, it can takes weeks, months, years, almost a lifetime in some cases.. if the person is around to revive those old feelings somehow.

But if you both keep your distance, and you focus on bettering yourself, it may get better sooner. God knows why this is happening though.
>>
>>18318839
>just broke up with my bf
>first time I've ever been broken up with
>can't eat or function
Shits not adding up, kiddo. You have to be 18 or older to use this site.
>>
one day, someone will come along that will startle them butterflies in your tummy, the same way he did. maybe even moreso.

your job is to to be positive and allow it to happen. your next love could be right around the corner so don't scare them away with a bunch of self pity and frownie faces.
>>
>>18318839

Remove all means of contact. Delete him from facebook, email his number. But people in this thread have already said it. There is no magic cure, it just takes time. You will go through the next couple of days and weeks thinking about him everyday, then slowly a few times a month, then suddenly he pops up in your memory, and then you realise you haven't thought about him for years
>>
>>18318885
I'm 19, I meant I'm usually the one who breaks up with the other. This was just the most serious and legit relationship I've had so I guess this is harder on me than other relationships.
>>
>>18318915
What I meant is that you claimed that you broke up with someone and in the same run on sentence claimed someone broke up with you. Also contrary to your claims of this JUST happening you also claim that you've been unable to eat or function because of this.
>>
>>18318915

Kek, you just wait if you think this is a serious breakup. Were you married? Did you have kids? How long were you living together?
I try not to mean much offence, but take this break up as a learning curve, you will be grateful in the future when you have a more longer serious relationship
>>
What, you think it is the last time you will be left? How naive.
Get used to it, learn to cope and stfu.
>>
>>18318924
It's just some bad wording on my part, and it's been a few days since this happened. Relax.
>>
>>18318915
karma's a hoe, eyyyy, hf thinking of how the others must have felt
>>
>>18318990
I don't regret breaking up with the people I did but jesus christ, it does hurt knowing I made them feel like this.
>>
>>18318996
Hahah, you've been at it for 3 days. You think that's it? Sweet baby jesus wait for it, wait until you sit in your bed and your heart physically hurts. Kek, have fun, really, have fun.

sauce: anon who did the same to girls and then got fucked back
>>
>>18318996
Wanna talk more about it btw? That's the only way you get over it. If you keep it in you start to think the other person was toxic but the only toxic thing is not communicating your feelings.
>>
File: 1454528209733.png (525KB, 694x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454528209733.png
525KB, 694x720px
Boyfriend and I broke up today as well. Granted, it was on pretty good terms, so I think I got lucky. Even still, it stings, doesn't it? But if it helps, you're never alone in these situations. These kinds of things happen all the time. And time is what it takes to get over it.
Can't get stronger without a little pain, really. Take what you've learned from that relationship and use it going forward.
>>
>>18318996
I dealt with 5 years of serious major depression because of a girl I was extremely compatible with dumped me, till I decided to take meds to deal with my thoughts. We only lasted a few months, it was long distance, and we only met once in person. To her it felt like nothing in my eyes. Sure she cried, but within a week or two she was seeing someone else. She hid this from me too, a guy who was hitting on her was the one to tell me a year later. Him and I are still in contact because his honesty, his experiences were worth my respect, and this was 9 years ago.

Her and I both lost our virginity to one another, we were both artists into similar things. We'd be married with children today if the choice was mine, but it wasn't.

And I was younger, she was younger, we were both new to these feelings. I don't blame or condemn her for leaving, been 9 years since. All I can tell you is that everything happens for a reason, suffering is real, love is real, even if it's unrequited, and if you give into desperation, you will lose twice as much.

Sometimes people pass up amazing opportunities never truly internalizing who they hurt, what they lost. Sometimes it's a quieter experience than you imagine.. sometimes people hide so much pain from you, that you may never truly know what you missed. Years and years go by..10, 15, 20 years? And they look back in retrospection realizing how perfect that person was for them.. almost like God made a decision.. but by then it's too late. Life is extremely unforgiving, but mostly, we're unforgiving to one another and hardly understand the value of life, until it hurts us personally. What you didn't feel, was just as real as what you felt.

Consider this a lesson. Next time maybe you will make a better choice. Ideally, a partner that will last you forever. I wish you better days.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.