[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best ways to learn multiple languages? I have an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: a1585736495b670333151dcb0e408853.jpg (215KB, 735x1100px) Image search: [Google]
a1585736495b670333151dcb0e408853.jpg
215KB, 735x1100px
What are the best ways to learn multiple languages? I have an idea to learn how to order food in multiple languages to impress women and clients.
>>
you better learn languages for other reasons. it's pretentious and cringe af to order food in other languages if the waiters speak yours.
>>
then learn mostly about their food and culture, maybe watch Anthny bourdain, learn what tehy serve and what "i want" means in their language and you are golden.
>>
>>18317924
I've been to many restaurants where the waiters had a poor grasp of English. That's how I like it, I'm a modern, cosmopolitan man in a global city and my table manner in a restaurant should reflect that.

>>18317929
I'll have a look into Mr Bourdain, thanks. I plan to really hone down my skills with local customs. I'd hate to be caught out like that poor sap in Inglorious Basterds.
>>
>>18317941
you sound like you also dress in "timeless manswear". pls just stop.
>>
>>18317949
I have several name brands which I frequent. I have a penchant for high end watches. I also spend hundreds of dollars on my hair.
>>
>>18317955
i'm inclined to start to believe you're trying to bait me. pls be bait...
>>
>>18317958
What about this seems like bait? I'm the one who started the thread asking about languages and you keep baiting me with irrelevant shit. Troll.
>>
>>18317964
in what timespan do you spend "hundreds of dollars" on your hair? answer me that and i can tell you if you're the troll or i am.
>>
>>18317970
I get it cut fortnightly. I'll spend $120 on each cut and close shave. I tend to my stubble on my own in the intervening times with a standard yet high quality razor.
>>
First: find a different reason for learning languages. Yours is cringey.

But regardless if you want to learn just enough to order food just look it up and memorize them.

If you actually want to learn the languages, learn just enough of the basics through whichever program you like and then find a conversation group or partner. If you're in the city there are probably groups for the more popular languages at least.
>>
>>18317973
what salon do you go to? but ok, sounds reasonable.
but why do you think it would impress anybody if you can only order food in a language? the thing that's impressive is if somebody can speak a different language, because he has an interesting story to it, like how he worked in china for 2 years or how he spent some time in nicaragua for humanitarian reasons, whatever. it's not so much the fact that he has memorized some very simple phrases, it's the air of a cosmopolitan. and if it is just facade, it will crumblw very fast and that will be embarassing af. become interesting instead by actually doing shit that requires you to learn a language.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.