[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does cutting junk food help with loosing weight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 3454345.jpg (123KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
3454345.jpg
123KB, 500x500px
I know that this is more of a q for /fit/ but can you guys help me out?
I drink coke and energy drinks almost every day and I consume a lot of junk food weekly. I really want to cut all of that out of my diet.

But my exact question is what kind of benefits would I get considering I work out. Would it help me cut some of the fat on me?
>>
>>18317845
>Would reducing my fat intake help me lose fat?

You should ask your GP
>>
If you consume less calories than you expend during the day you will lose weight.

So yes, cutting the calories from soda and junk food will help you lose weight.
>>
it doesn't matter what kind of food you eat when it comes to losing or gaining weight. the only thing that matters is how many calories you eat.

look up how many calories you're supposed to eat per day and eat only like 80% of that number. keep track of every calorie you eat on paper. if you cheat or miscount, you're not fooling anyone because your body doesn't know the difference.

the kind of food you eat matters for your overall health, but if you're fat then losing weight is the priority. budget your daily calorie allowance so you get some healthy stuff but also some stuff you actually like so you don't get frustrsted. remember the only thing that matters for losing or gaining weight is how many calories you're eating per day. evey other method is a meme.
>>
>>18317845
You will have much more energy. And you will look better because you will look healthier.
Not losing weight but this.
>>
>>18317845
Regardless your caloric intake vs. expenditure, diet has more to do with overall health/weight than exercise. I'd advise cutting sodas and esp energy drinks. Also, work to habitually replace junk food with non junk food. Try eating salad or veggies (u can use as much ranch as you want at first) for one meal a day.
>>
>>18317871
Well, it matters insofar as some foods feel more filling than others per calorie, and so lessen the chance of relapsing.

Cutting soda is one of the best things to do to reduce calorie intake without much risk of failing to stick to a diet plan.
>>
Fucking kek.

>Would drinking water help me stay hydrated?
>>
>>18317855
fpbp

Stop with the sugary drinks OP they are even worse for you than the junk food
>>
sugary drinks not only make you fat they are also poisonous to your liver kidneys teeth and pancreas
>>
>>18317845

>>18317871

Listen to this guy OP. YOu know what you have to do, everyone knows.

If you're eating 3000 calories a day and gaining weight, cut it down to 2500 calories. If you are stiill gaining weight cut it down to 2000 calories. Its really not rocket science, it just depends how committed you are
>>
Cut out sugary drinks entirely, anything with high fructose corn syrup, and stop buying fast food. You can still eat the occasional snack, you can still have big portions, but sugar drinks and fast food are the absolute worst sources of calories in our day to day lives.

My boyfriend weighed almost 300 lbs last year, but he stopped drinking anything with high fructose corn syrup and stopped eating fast food and he's now down to 225. And thats just by not having calorie dense food, not even with exercise. I imagine exercising while you diet would lead to even greater results.
>>
>>18317845
Your overall health is tied to the quality of food you choose to eat. Eating as close to whole foods as you can get is overall correlated to better health. If you eat fewer calories than you burn, you will lose weight.
>>
>>18317845
Guarenteed weight lose method:

1:Don't eat anything with ridiculous amounts of sugar (sweets, soda etc.)

2: Don't eat carbs.

3: Outside of this you can eat what you want within reason.

4: Try and get some cardio in whenever you have the time.

Weight loss is a very simple thing that people feel the need to over-complicate.

You burn more calories than you eat, simple.

They say a man should eat around 2,000 cals a day, but that's only if you are doing an hour of exercise too.

With no exercise, just the mere act of being alive burns 1,800 calories a day, you want to eat below that, if you are exercising regularly that will bump up the calories burned a great deal.

Most of the calories you eat every day come from carbohydrates (bread, pasta, rice, etc.)

There's 200 calories in a single slice of bread. Cutting out all carbs dramatically reduces your calorie intake while still allowing you to eat a normal amount of food.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>18317845
>But my exact question is what kind of benefits would I get considering I work out.
>considering i work out
>i work out
No you don't you limp wrist effeminate sissy. If you really worked out you wouldn't eat like shit and drink sugar daily.
>>
Not OP but what about sugar free soda like Pepsi Max & Fanta Zero?

is that stuff just as bad as the full sugar versions?
>>
>>18319419
It is unfortunately. Worse in many cases.

Best thing is to stay away entirely and stick to water, tea, coffee and pure fruit juices.
>>
>>18319419
Just as bad? No. They're less calories. But they're still basically just toxic sludge being poured into your body that can lead to other problems like kidney stones and rot.
>>
>>18319269
>200 calorie slice of bread
Holy fuck whats in that bread, lard?
>>
>>18319419
You will never consume enough diet soda to ever experience health problems from it, especially the stevia ones. God damn.
>>
>>18319573
Sorry I got my shit fucked up, there's 200 calories in a bagel.

90 in a slice of bread.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.