[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any knowledge about sleep or sleep disorders? For

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1437364657285.jpg (7KB, 237x250px) Image search: [Google]
1437364657285.jpg
7KB, 237x250px
Anyone have any knowledge about sleep or sleep disorders?
For the past couple of years I've been unable to maintain a regular schedule. If I ever stay up past a certain point, let's say 12, then it seems like the next few nights will consist of not being able to fall asleep for another hour or two until I'm falling asleep at 8AM and waking up at 5PM. Whenever I try to shift it back I just end up feeling anxious, shaky, and hot all day and can't fall asleep until the same time I would have if I had slept 8 hours. The only thing that seems to work is to shift my schedule forward each day until I'm back to normal. However, I've only been able to stay on a proper schedule for about a week at a time.
It's destroyed my GPA and social life and I'm not sure where to start.
Does this sound like any disorder or do I just have poor habits. Is it a symptom of depression or anxiety? What should I do?
>>
>>18316746
I'm bumping this thread because the same thing has destroyed m y life for the past year. Its happening so much now and I have the same issue as op. This became prominent with prolonged medical issues with me though
>>
>>18316869
Thanks.
I'm sorry to hear you have the same problem. What were the medical issues?
>>
>>18316877
Thanks, and I don't know. I started having debilitating nausea all of the time after I got Protesis last year. I've lost the last year and can't do anything.I can't sit in class, I can't normally socialize, I can't sleep and I can't drive. I can't sleep when I am nauseous so my sleep schedule will get fucked up for weeks, and I have to either sleep a hour later or earlier to reset it, for a couple of weeks of normal sleep. For some reason I feel more tired, and fatigued when I have a normal sleeping pattern. Sorry if I /blog/ but I just needed to vent. I miss having friends and living. I feel so alone and depressed, and all I do is listen to sad music and play vidya sometimes.
>>
>>18316910
>Sorry if I /blog/ but I just needed to vent.
Don't worry about it I've been missing friends and college as well. I don't remember any medical condition that would have caused it for me though. Hopefully we can figure something out here.
>>
>>18316928
Yeah cheers man, things have gotten a little bit better for me over the past month so theres hope. Nice to talk to someone with a similar problem though
>>
>>18316934
Yeah it is nice to finally talk to someone that knows what I'm going through. I'm glad that things are improving for you though. Did you find anything that helped or was it just a gradual improvement.
>>
>>18316949
The thing that helped a lot was the weather. I love the winter aesthetic, the sky, and the general atmosphere, but man winter is depressing, and melancholy. I remember all of the nights where I would watch the pink sky turn black early in the evening, and while it was beautiful, the cold weather and the early darkness made me more tired and depressed. The weather has made me less frequently depressed, and more comfortable in general. Besides that I stopped eating almost all processed food, and drinking way more water. I will probably stop eating almost all sugar soon to. Dieting and exercise can really help with sleep to.
>>
>>18316982
Yeah winter certainly can be depressing, especially if you live somewhere cold, and I think that the warmer weather is lifting my spirits a bit. As far as exercise goes, I've been thinking about starting a bodyweight workout routine but keep putting it off due to not eating enough calories to gain weight, though I guess I should just start it and see how it goes.
>>
>>18317016
I had a major problem with weight with this. I lost 10 pounds in a couple of months and had a lot of trouble stabilizing my weight because of the nausea. You got to have a healthy diet before exercising, otherwise its not going to work well. I would talk to your doctor and ask what you need to do diet wise for what exercise you want to do. Both of those things can really help with sleep though.
>>
>>18317039
I'll get to a doctor when I can, but I guess I could still manage to do some light exercise and eat better in the meantime.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.