[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Generous co-workers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1049.jpg (21KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1049.jpg
21KB, 251x242px
I feel upset right now.

lately a lot of co-workers have been being really nice to me. I've gotten so much free food from people that it makes me feel comfortable. last week, a female co-worker brought in a big thing of Mac an Cheese for everyone, but saved a big section JUST for me. Today, a co-worker ordered delivery, asked if I wanted anything. I told him to order me a gyro. I even handed him $10 which was more than what the gyro cost. When I got my food, he had put my money back in the thing and refused to accept it. JUST now, a co-worker walked up and gave me 3 really good donuts. I tried to give him $3 and he refused it.

What the fuck. I don't like taking people's food for nothing. It makes me feel bad. I try to pay them but they won't accept it. Why the fuck?
>>
>>18316672
Maybe you're a likeable person, maybe your coworkers feel they have something to gain by befriending you, maybe they were all coincidentally in a good mood this week, or maybe they're just generous people.

It doesn't really matter why, just graciously accept and be happy that you work with kind hearted people.
>>
>>18316691

I just don't like all the affection. I've gotten so much free food from people the past 2 weeks I feel very guilty. From multiple people too. Just a few days ago I ordered a pizza, and offered it to a few of the people who have been nice to me. All of them said "no thanks! I don't want to take your food". But they all give ME their food and won't accept my money

I feel guilty as fuck
>>
>>18316706
It's up to them to be nice to you dude, if they want to be nice to you then let them, they might be offended if you refuse their kindness. Keep offering them food but if they don't accept it at least you tried. You sound like you've good some good Co workers, so enjoy it while it lasts
>>
>>18316672
You're a female, right?

They're trying to fuck you.
>>
>>18316711

I still feel bad

>>18316713

No, I'm a guy
>>
>>18316739
>No, I'm a guy
Ah.

In that case all you can do is be kind-spirited and friendly back. That's all that is required of you. Offer to pay for their food every once in a while as well. If they say no then they say no.
>>
>>18316672
How much $$$ do these people make? If you're pulling in six figures or higher, they may not consider lunch money important enough to keep track of. It's also slightly rude to offer your peers more than cost + tip when you're paying them back. They aren't poor; they make as much as you.

As for the woman saving you food, if you're a skinny male, she may be trying to fatten you up like a good mommy.
>>
>>18316739
Are you a skeleton?
>>
>>18316745

I guess

>>18316748
>>18316750

We all make the same middle class pay ($52,000/yr)

I'm slim, but not a skeleton. I have some muscle definition. I'm definitely not the skinniest person where I work either.
>>
>>18316778
>I'm slim, but not a skeleton.
She's definitely trying to mommy you.

As for the other guys, I'd offer to pay them back for anything over $5 (doesn't matter if they accept), and maybe buy them lunch/drinks once in a while. That sort of honors system can build camaraderie.
>>
File: realman.jpg (160KB, 790x1000px) Image search: [Google]
realman.jpg
160KB, 790x1000px
>>18316803

I agree with this the most.

In my experience, such kindness is only a good thing in the short term.

If it bothers you, I understand. I used to have a friend who used to take take take all the time, and while it didn't bother anyone else, I confronted him about it once and basically told him he was a leech. He tried to give me a lecture about how its important to never say no to a handout in life. Years later I find out his entire family mooches and its just something he'll always do. I think of him less over it and I'm sure others do also.

So, if it bothers you (it naturally should if you're a man), accept until you're unhappy and then refuse. Man up and buy them a pizza and gyro in return and let it ride. It's about self respect, not only what others think about you, but how you feel about yourself.
>>
>>18316672
You buy them when you can, its how it goes
>>
>>18316672
You should grab that free food with both hands anon. If they have some hang up about it, it's not your problem. You just graciously accept, and keep offering when you can. Don't ruin a good thing man.
>>
look anon here comes the plane, open your mouth,bzzzzt, YUMMY YUMMY
>>
>>18316846
this
they money they refuse to accept should go into buying food to share with everyone

get some nice buttery croissants
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.