[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being a friendless loser...?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: 1493088113004.gif (27KB, 580x470px) Image search: [Google]
1493088113004.gif
27KB, 580x470px
How do I stop being a friendless loser...?
>>
I second this.

I work out, I work (in a job full of old men), and my hobbies are all online / at home.

How to make friends? Preferably female (not for relationships, just because hanging with chicks is better than dudes)
>>
Deattach from the outcome of making "FRIEND."

Slowly force yourself to make contact with people and learn from your mistakes. Don't let them crush your soul, learn from them. You'll eventually be a better people person at least.
>>
>>18316251
How do you rebuild your soul after it's already crushed?
>>
File: when_are_the_happy_times_coming_.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
when_are_the_happy_times_coming_.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>18316265
This, I want to be happy again.
>>
Meetups. I used to be a hermit, moved to a new area and continued being a hermit. Eventually I started going to meetups for something I only had a small interest in, but I've made a solid group of friends through it. Try a bunch of different ones, even if you're not into it, as long as there's no major investment - paying to do an event/activity is fine, but don't go out and buy a bike to try out a biking meetup.
>>
>>18316320
How do you find a "meet up"?

I've only seen events for seniors and children posted in my city.
>>
>>18316326
Are you a nerd? Look up video game tournaments for fighting games if you enjoy those, or card game tournaments if you like any trading card games. Smash Bros, Street Fighter, Magic the Gathering, Yugioh, etc.

Are you in a big city or able to reliably travel to a nearby big city that has conventions? If you have the money to do so, head out to anime, furry, or gaming conventions and just talk to people. If you manage to hang out with people, ask them to eat meals with you during the convention (like go for a lunch or dinner with them and their group of friends, if they have any).

Another option is to post on Reddit if you're in a big enough city, just go and post a thread and ask who'd be down to clown with you. Pick some kind of activity you could do with potential friends.
>>
>>18316360
holeey fuck you are not the type of person who should be attempting to rehabilitate anons on this place

Begone before you condemn OP to an endless suffering from which he can never escape.
>>
>>18316360
We have a Walmart and a lot of corn fields, does that count?
>>
File: wow.jpg (190KB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
190KB, 1268x1695px
>>18316367
Can you explain yourself?

If OP is a nerdy person these are some viable ways to make some friends. Fellow nerds in these communities are generally accepting of other autistic people.
>>
>>18316378
Maybe? Just google for any kind of events that happen in your city/town. Generally speaking, conventions happen mainly in major cities or tourist cities. TCG tournaments happen at hobby/comic/card shops, and universities+colleges are likely to have some form of video gaming club.
>>
you can always try to say hi to some people every now and then
>>
>>18316326
meetup dot com

>>18316360
>>18316402
Like these guys are saying, there's almost certainly some kind of game/comic shop somewhere within an hour's drive from you, these places survive thanks to stuff like friday night magic and D&D encounters, both of which should be reasonably noob friendly. Obviously Magic and other TCGs can be an expensive hobby.
>>
>meetup dot com
So, just signed up for this.

>Less than 25 miles away
>0 groups

>25 miles away
>Spanish practice
>Mamatalk

>50 miles away
>Woman's Volleyball Group

Uh...
>>
File: F5IAz4Y.jpg (302KB, 965x719px) Image search: [Google]
F5IAz4Y.jpg
302KB, 965x719px
>>18316237
Gym? Sporting events? Campus?
>>
>>18316237
GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE AND TALK TO PEOPLE
>>
>>18316716
>GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE AND TALK TO PEOPLE
Is this the worst meme on /adv/?

Not everyone lives in a location that simply "going outside" results in a social environment
>>
>>18316718
Yeah you can, pussy.
>>
>>18316720
"Hello Mr. Corn Stalk! How is the gravel doing today?"
>>
Try a carnival or fair and ask a random guy/girl to ride the farris wheel. If the person caught my attention off guard like this I'd like to think I would say yes and make a new friend.
>>
>>18316724
talk to the farmer how the fucking corn is growing or go further away until you find someone interesting
>>
>>18316735
>talk to the farmer
Kek, you've obviously never been in a rural environment.

Farmers don't live in their fields. Nor do they tend them other than harvesting or planting. And even then you're just going to get run over.

>go further away until you find someone interesting
Its almost like there's more to it than just "going outside"?
>>
>>18316741
Actually I have been in a rural environment - in the goddamned mountains with farms everywhere.

>>18316741
>Its almost like there's more to it than just "going outside"?
>>
>>18316751
>Actually I have been in a rural environment - in the goddamned mountains with farms everywhere.
Then you know that "talk to the farmer" is a dumbass thing to say

I'm assuming you forgot the rest of your post?
>>
>>18316741
Actually I have been in a rural environment - in the goddamned mountains with farms and woods everywhere.There was nobody interesting for miles and miles, so I had to go further away until actually found someone interesting.

>>18316741
>Its almost like there's more to it than just "going outside"?

If you stop being such a whiny bitch and put in some effort maybe you're find some friends instead of feeling lonely because you DO NOTHING BUT SIT ON YOU ASS
>>
>>18316759
>If you stop being such a whiny bitch and put in some effort maybe you're find some friends instead of feeling lonely because you DO NOTHING BUT SIT ON YOU ASS
>insults are apparently a refutation
You still haven't explained how simply "Going Outside" is a valid method of gaining social experience
>>
>>18316761
>You still haven't explained how simply "Going Outside" is a valid method of gaining social experience
I already did. Hope you like feeling lonely.
>>
>>18316768
>Go Outside
>Do more things
>No, all you have to do is go outside
Hope you enjoy contradicting yourself
>>
>>18316265
>>18316280
Time
Time heals everything

But also actively thinking "ok this sucks but i going to make myself better" and then actually making yourself better
>>
>>18316771
Hope you enjoy feeling lonely, because you obviously are going to be that for a long, long, time.
>>
File: 1493955606922.png (774KB, 784x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493955606922.png
774KB, 784x720px
>>18316716
>>18316720
>>18316735
>>18316751
>>18316759
>>18316768
>>18316784

Top tier projection, this/these faggot(s) probably does not have any friends or pushed them all away after high school and is mad at other people for it.

OP, do you have internet that isn't shit, and also a load of free time? Consider joining public discords or playing online games like MMOs or MOBAs or whatnot. There's loads of free to play content out there that require you to interact with other people, these could lead to making online friends. Though admittedly no one will like you in MOBAs if you're garbage at the game, and even then the games tend to have toxic people like the anon here going "hurr durr faggot just go outside".

I was a part of the r/pokemon discord server for a while and it was sorta neat. ~20k+ members, but maybe only 200 active per day. Most of those active were either all about Pokemon Showdown and Wifi Battles, shitposting in a general chat, and talking about gay furry shit. Made decent friends with a few people I battled every now and again, just be friendly to people and try to be humorous.
>>
>>18316456
Sounds like you are truly in the middle of nowhere. Even if you need to drive 2 hours (which should be 100+ mile radius), you should try and do some meetups. Either that or get the fuck out of your middle of nowhere hometown. I assume you already know everyone in a 30 mile radius, and none of them are people you want to attempt to befriend.
>>
Just be yourself
>>
>>18316735
Holy shit you're dumb
>>
>>18316237
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByC8sRdL-Ro
>>
>>18316825
>pokemon playing anime face shitposter accuses someone else of projecting being a friendless loser
>his best advice is of course just telling op to play video games
>>
File: 1494354650608.jpg (69KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
1494354650608.jpg
69KB, 800x770px
>>18317716
From the sounds of it, OP has no other options if they're in the middle of buttfuck nowhere. If you can't make friends irl just yet, making them through video games is a reliable option. What would you tell OP to do?
>>
>>18316237
work on you social skills noob
>>
>>18317667
This pic except the parent stuff. So much.

Not OP but I lost all my long term friends due to them "being neutral" after my cheating ex dumped me and kicked me out of our house (in her name) while I was away with my family. She did it because I didn't support her emotionally through a rough patch with her family while I was thousands of miles away with my own. Truth is, I was supportive and told her to wait for me to get back in a couple of days so we can talk it out in person after hours and hours on the phone comforting her while the time with my family was spent on just that - the phone with her. She was first upset, then she started calling me out on shit I have done/who I am and basically calling me an asshole until I told her I need to spend some time with my family before I get back and I won't put up with her shit on the phone for calling me out on stuff we've either been through or stuff that have no real meaning.

After I gathered my stuff from her place I had to move right next to our mutual friends (they met her a year before that, long term friends of mine) and I told them that I can't have mutual friends with her so they'd have to choose. They chose to be "neutral" i.e still hang out with her even though all the things she put me through. Now all of them including her are calling me "insane" and tell me to get help because I'm overreacting by completely cutting them all off and becoming a hermit as opposed to my old social self because this is a small town. There are many more things that happened in which both she and they betrayed me in, but this was a short explanation of the whole thing.

I don't think I will see friendship as I used to ever again. I am afraid I will actually become insane from solitude in time, but for now I feel I made the right choice.

Any /adv/ice?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.