[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cheating on Assignments

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9013.jpg (33KB, 507x290px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9013.jpg
33KB, 507x290px
Hi /adv/, I need some advice. I'm in my final year of high school (turned 18 last month so pls no b&) and I've got a biology assignment draft due tomorrow that I've barely done anything on. It's a segment of biology that I struggle with (enzymes and biochemistry) as I picked it because I was good at genetics and evolution, and I needed a science.

A friend of mine who graduated two years ago sent me their assignment, and I'm contemplating whether to copy it. However, I'm torn as I've never done this thing before, and I've had it drilled into me about how bad it is. I've tried to sort it into some positives and negatives;

Positives:
>saves me time to work on other assignments
>less stressed as I don't have to worry about getting it done
>if I do well enough overall this year my parents are offering to help pitch in for my trip to Europe next year

Negatives:
>it's morally wrong
>if I get caught I am in so much shit I'll need an pic related to dig me out
>I'll know that it's not my work and feel slightly shitty about it

What should I do, /adv/?
>>
>>18314585

Use their report as a guide for yours. Just submitting it is maybe the most retarded thing you could do.
>>
>>18314594
Yeah, it would be suicidal, but I'm torn between taking whole segments out of places like their introduction, etc. to help, as it's the main thing I'm having trouble with.
>>
>>18314601

I seriously recommend against it. If at any point, you've copy and pasted then you could get in shit.

You need to reword it.
>>
>>18314601
Don't just take it out. Put it in your own words. Putting things in your own words actually teaches it to you. By formalizing things in your mind and articulating the thoughts you are actually going through a learning process in your head. This doesn't mean just change a few words. Take some notes on what your friend was saying and then write something based off that.

That being said this is only high school and no one will care or notice unless its the same prof your friend had. Even then there will be no lasting consequences other than a slap on the wrist and feeling embarrassed. Post Secondary and beyond is when Plagiarism matters.
>>
>>18314585
Does your high school use turnitin or other plagiarism checkers? Did your friend have the same biology teacher?
>>
>>18314621
They do use Turnitin, that much I know, and no, we both have different teachers, however hers was and still is the science curriculum leader, which is my major concern.
>>
>>18314630
In that case, pull up your socks and get working buddy. Use his work as a guideline, don't copy blocks. If there's a penalty for turning it in late then I would just cop it if you really can't finish tonight. Best of luck.
>>
>>18314632
Thanks for the advice man, I really did need it. Even if it is in the form of a bunch of autists on an Iranian plumbing forum putting my head back on straight.
>>
>>18314639
If anyone else has any advice, it would still be greatly appreciated, but I'm pretty sold on the whole "reading it and explaining in my own words thing"
>>
Swap his paragraphs round and use online thesaurus to change words. Delete bits at random and add whatever bullshit in to fill. Sorted.

http://cheatturnitin.com
>>
Do it yourself. You will feel better about it and actually learn what you're supposed to. Knowledge is power so put in the work and reap the rewards. If you cut corners your going to be that person the rest of your life. Unreliable and a cheater. Take pride in your work!
>>
Just pull an all nighter, yea you'll be feeling tired tomorrow but who cares.
>>
Since you have a different tezcher, you should look at his paper. What is the purpose of each paragraph? Keep the same goal that each paragraph has, but rewrite it a different way. The key is to work at that scale, rather than sentence by sentence.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.