[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Height

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: kinoko-teikoku-eureka-400x400.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kinoko-teikoku-eureka-400x400.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
I'm attractive. Like, really attractive. I get compliments a lot and I'm the designated pretty boy of most of my social groups except that doesn't mean shit because I'm always the short one too. I'm 5'9 which I know isn't too bad but I've been turned down enough times because of that for it to hit pretty hard.

So any suggestions here? Grow an afro again, go after shorter girls, surgery, deal with it? I know this shouldn't get to me nearly as much as it does and maybe its just /fa/ getting to me but its ridiculous how much this comes up whether I want it to or not in my own mind or even from others in conversation.

tl:dr short, what do
>>
>>18314122
Simply not give a shit. What else do you want to do? Wear heels? See it as a filter for superficial bitches, you really wouldn't want to be with someone whose affection is based on height.
>>
get a manlet girl.
>>
>>18314132
That's part of why I'm so self conscious about this shit. It's not really something I can help. It doesn't help that fraternities are trying to get me for the fall and I know how the girls are in greek life. I got around a lot when I was in a band but when that ended so did my sex life. I couldn't help but see correlations between that and what I've been convinced by myself is my biggest fault
>>
>>18314122
"Awwwwwwwwww you're so cute!" isn't a compliment.
>>
>>18314142
how is it a fault
you did nothing wrong
>>
>>18314122
You are average, not even short. Just hit on girls shorter than you (so most girls by far).
Don't worry.
>>
>>18314153
Replace cute with hot and you'd have been more accurate

>>18314156
Exist? Okay not a fault. More like a shortcoming (hah)

>>18314170
The problem is being overshadowed (hah) by other dudes in my group/future fraternity. I don't stand out aside from being attractive but that isn't getting me very far recently. I mean the "But he's the same height as me" or "If I wear heels I'm taller than him" is annoying but when I get shit from shorter girls for being short compared to the others it's pretty infuriating. Like on the inside I'm usually frothing at the mouth

But yeah no, you guys are right. There's definitely more shit to worry about and being 'average' (I want more studies done on that) height shouldn't be one of them
>>
post pic, you may be cute and feminem not hot.
>>
>>18314192
Fuck noooo baby. You're gonna have to take my word on that one. I used to feed my ego on /soc/ before hearing it from people in person so I'm not connecting my face to a thread on 4chan again. If it helps you form a picture, a few gay dudes are obsessed with me and I've been called cute by them but girls settle on the word hot while straight guy friends again call me the pretty boy of my groups
>>
>5'7 manlet reporting
Most girls are 5'7 or shorter, go for them.. I didn't have any problem with my height, my ex was 5'6.5 and it was fine. Generally I find girls who are shorter than me more attractive.
>>
>>18314122
I'm kinda the same as you except i'm 190 cm with long hair
and I never initiate any conversation with girls.
>>
its b8 u fucks.

2/10 OP just because the 5'9 part made it all too obvious
>>
>>18314122

>I'm attractive. Like, really attractive.
>I get compliments a lot
>5'9"
>been turned down enough times because of that

Self proclaimed pretty boy don't mean shit.
Getting compliments don't mean shit
cuz your face obvs haven't balanced your height.

Meaning you ain't that pretty. Sorry, not sorry
But there's hope for you yet. Work on your personality.
Cuz yous an ass.
>>
Honestly 5 9 is not that short, maybe if you live in a nordic country...
>>
>>18314122
Wear some good shoes or boots that will give you a bit of a boost, and thats about all you can do man. Wearing lifts or moon shoes is pathetic, getting surgery is even more pathetic and growing out your hair isnt going to fool anyone. If you are skinny, lift weights. You will get more confidence and gain greater appreciation for your body.

There will always be people taller than you, not everybody is, but lots of people will be. Its not a big deal. Be glad you are "really attractive" and move on. You have that going for you so quit crying like a bitch. You're like a little kid with an iPhone whos pissed because its not the color he wanted. If being short is the worst of your problems then shove off mate.
>>
>>18314122
Fuck you op i would give my height for yours just to not have been born poor.
>>
Conor McGregor is 5'9" and he's king of the West and East rn.

Stop caring so much. check out this video on overcoming insecurities: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE9QSuSxIMY
>>
Has anyone actually said you're too small? Chances are it's psychological.
>>
>>18314855
>Guys that are 5'8 or 5'9 are usually hardest on themselves

Huh. That video actually helped a lot. Honestly I can and have done a lot better band or not. This one insecurity is just weighing down harder than it should

>>18314856
There was an instance a couple nights ago where I was making out with this girl for a while and she told me to go back to her friend's. That friend is closer to me than she is to makeout girl so when the first one told me that she said not tonight, I was later told makeout girl was lying and it was because we're the same height. Granted she was wearing short heels but it still hit
>>
>>18315147

>Girls who are freely making out with strangers are shallow and judge men cruelly.

Wow what a surprise m8. Don't take it personally. Your tongue was in her mouth so it's kind of insulting herself. She doesn't even have the brainpower to think "do I even like this guy?" before making out with him. I wouldn't want a girl like that, would you?
>>
>>18315199
We met a couple times and she was planning on hooking up with me when she walked into the bar but I mean yeah, you right. Hoes gonna be hoes
>>
>>18314122
go to a midget nation and live among people like you, you silly little manlet.
but seriously your about my height and i have never felt like I'm less than someone just because I'm a bit smaller maybe you should too
>>
stilts.
get some fucking stilts
>>
File: Cat warior.jpg (53KB, 368x381px) Image search: [Google]
Cat warior.jpg
53KB, 368x381px
>>18314142
>>18314122
OP I'm 5'5. Get over yourself. After a while I learned height doesn't even factor into how I do shit. Yeah women can be superficial about shit like that, but what does it matter to you? Fuck that shit and own who you are.
>>
I live in a European country and am 176 cm which is roughly 5 9
I feel normal, I see people taller than me and shorter everyday
Most girls are under my height
Whats your problem, I don't get it
>>
Youve been turned down for being normal height? Dont believe you at all. Or have youben turned down but then youthought it was because ofmyour height?
>>
>>18315822
The few girls I've gotten turned down by have all had mutual friends who tell me it's because of my height so yeah I'm sure
>>
>>18314122
pretty much like you except i also workout. also 5'9" height has never been a problem for me. there are PLENTY of women who are shorter than 5'9" and also plenty who are into same height or shorter guys.

depending on your age, you can still grow up until like 25 as a male. one of my best friends was 5'6" until age 20, now he's 24 and he's 5'9". what you can do is basically eat more, eat better, and sleep more and sleep better.
>>
You're obviously doing something wrong, perhaps you just have a boring or shitty personality.

I'm also 5'9 and height has never been a problem for me and I live in one of the tallest countries.
>>
>>18314122
just embrace the fact that you're a manlet and use it to your advantage. I know for a fact that there are girls out there who prefer short guys
>>
File: 1466905724313.png (284KB, 499x559px) Image search: [Google]
1466905724313.png
284KB, 499x559px
If it makes you feel any better, I'm 6'1 and still feel like I need to be taller a lot.

Height is such a common insecurity in men. Pretty much every dude wishes he could be a little taller. It's just natural male inclination to want to be the tallest/biggest/strongest, but it's badly exacerbated by women's choosiness and the media perpetuating the myth that tall men are more "mysterious," "handsome," "confident," or what the fuck ever

I'm not saying that you wouldn't do better with women if you were a few inches taller, but you just gotta take a step back and realize that it's a really common insecurity to have and you shouldn't get too hung up on it because it's something you have absolutely no control over.

There will always be somebody richer, taller, better looking, smarter, more charismatic, etc. than you. That's life. We're a diverse species and being a man is hard.
>>
>>18314185
how big is your dick?
>>
If you're really facially attractive you shouldn't be having problems, since 5'9" is near average (especially in imperial system countries). Otherwise, the normal advice follows, get hotter or lower your standards.
>>
Also
>grow an afro again
if you're black and hitting on white chicks, they could just not like black guys and blame it on the height to not sound racist.
>>
get rich
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.