[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiding my powerlevel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 0OXgW6d-pratt.png (1MB, 590x705px) Image search: [Google]
0OXgW6d-pratt.png
1MB, 590x705px
Everyone always says I look just like Chris Pratt, which is awesome, I'll take it. I have a great job, an active social life, I think I have a lot to offer. I make fast friends and girls like me a lot.

But I have legitimately nerdy interests (comics, video games, spending too much time on 4chan, I unapologetically like some "girl stuff," etc.), and while I don't think I sperg out about them, I think women expect me to be a pretty straight laced professional adult given where I am in life.

I guess my question is, should I pretend to not like the things I like? If not, is there a way for me to make it more apparent that I like comics a lot and that it's what you're getting when you become closer to me?
>>
>>18313837

poeple dont need to know everything right away. most men, or really most people have some weird interests and such. they just dont tell you about it until you are already into them.

people get to know us in layers. if you want to bring them up on a first date, go for it, it certainly cuts a lot of bullshit. but sometimes waiting til date 3 or so makes them too invested to be turned off by it.

seriously though saying that comics or video games is nerdy in this day and age is a bit silly.

what girlie interests though? a lot of people rip on me for liking female lead shows but i dont consider them to be 'girlie'. for instance, buffy the vampire slayer, orange is the new black, weeds etc.

they all deal with traditionally male subjects and aren't afraid to get raunchy, silly, typical 'guy humor' etc.
>>
File: 1348323458335.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1348323458335.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>should I pretend to not like the things I like?

No. This is 100% sperg behavior. Own up to your hobbies and don't be ashamed of them. People respect confidence. If you say
>W...well I like a-anime I guess kinda...
They'll think that shit is cringe.

So you instead say "I like anime and video games" but with a spine. Don't apologize for yourself. You don't owe anyone shit. I fucking hate sports for instance. I don't think less of you if you enjoy sports, but I sure as shit ain't gonna feel ashamed for liking video games and not liking retarded-ass sports.
>>
as a girl, I would be insanely attracted to you if you were nerdy and looked like Chris Pratt

don't change, OP. The right girl will you like you just as you are
>>
>>18313837
>Everyone always says I look just like Chris Pratt

They're not referring to New Pratt.
>>
>>18313870

For example, I subscribe to Betty & Veronica. I watch the show Riverdale. I enjoy some female pop acts like Taylor Swift and Demi Lovato. I probably know "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid better than most. My mom collects Barbies so I know a lot about their history... I have a Batgirl and Spider-Gwen statue on my desk at work.

I mean, really, most of it goes back to my love of comics/cartoons, but I like girl characters a lot of times.

My dad wouldn't let me have girl action figures as a kid (think April O'Neil to complete my Ninja Turtles set, or Sailor Moon because I thought she was in Dragon Ball Z) until my mom told him "it's not like he wants to be them, he wants to have sex with them," but I probably developed some kind of weird complex. Still just into girls though.
>>
File: aVJ576S.jpg (836KB, 2022x2735px) Image search: [Google]
aVJ576S.jpg
836KB, 2022x2735px
>>18313888
>>
>>18313888
>forgot pic
>>
>>18313888

They are referring to new Pratt, is the thing.

I went through a fat period just like the dude, and used to get the same comparisons.

Either way it's not important for me to lie to you on an anonymous image board.
>>
>>18313897
>Either way it's not important for me to lie to you on an anonymous image board.

Yet, millions of people do it every day.

That aside, you seem... somewhat conceited. Of course you shouldn't hide your hobbies. First off, you can only hide something for so long before it's discovered.
Secondly, there's no reason to hide "geeky shit." Embrace it, own it, and everything becomes easier.
And also, you can look like a near-perfect demigod, but if your personality sucks, you will, too.
>>
>>18313921

Yep, I'm conceited, but I try to be self-aware to counteract it. I wouldn't be posting here asking about the things that define me if I weren't putting in an effort.

And I get that you shouldn't hide your hobbies, but is it worth sitting in a tower of comic book statues just to end up 50 years old and alone in order to preserve your hobby? I'm aware there's a middle ground, but struggle to know what it is.

>>18313887
My hope has been to just keep being unabashedly me and eventually I'll meet the right girl, but sometimes I think I'm too open. Thanks though.
>>
Look at it this way, OP:

Do you want to date a chick who enjoys the same shit that you do, so that you can have fun and share your hobbies and interests together?

Or do you want to date a basic bitch whose only hobbies are drinking and watching MTV, forever hiding your interests from her and never really connecting?

No point in having relationship's if they aren't real.
>>
>>18313895
I thought old Pratt was adorable. I'd be more than happy to date him
>>
>>18313966
On that note; You don't have you like exactly the same things for it to work out. It's enough for her to just accept what you like and encourage/embrace it.

I'm really into my obscure nerd shit -
Dwarf Fort and Junji Ito level stuff - my guy plays CS and listens to rap. It still works because all you need to do is be happy that they're happy.
>>
>>18313966

I honestly don't give two shits if I'm dating someone who shares my hobbies, especially when it comes to comics. Do I want to have a debate about whether or not Dan Slott is bad for Spider-Man? Whether Bendis deserves to be a marquee writer or should stick to street-level stuff? I mean, not really. I come to 4chan for that. A passing interest in it is cool, but for me, it's a private hobby that I like. I'd rather have someone who expanded my horizons about HER passions, or shared an interest in some of my less personal but less frequent hobbies, like travel and getting drinks with my friends and watching sports.

I mean, both would be awesome - but assuming I can't manufacture a girl with my perfect interests, I'd rather have a "normie."

The basic bitch actually sounds like a lot more fun.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.