[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my university a Psychological experiment? why is everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: niceness conspiracy.jpg (140KB, 629x428px) Image search: [Google]
niceness conspiracy.jpg
140KB, 629x428px
Okay Okay, I know I sound crazy, but hear me out.

Be me.

1- Have terrible childhood, extreme bullying from parents (things that people write horror books on).
2- Come to merica, get bullied into oblivion.

3- Go to college, stay there for five years, zero drive. Constant stupid decisions and obsession with strong morals.

Get into research, realize I see something about cancer and cells that most researchers don't. Then I get beat up by a group of racist african and european kids. I go to hospital but don't press charges out of fear (since i lived such a sheltered life).

Transfer university. Now here it gets really really odd.

95% of the people I see on campus, not only do I know them, they are in my classes. Everyone who works with me in work study, is in my class.
In two years somehow I have managed to take a class with every professor. Even teachers who havn't taught me (which is like three) know me.

So I go around waving and saying hello to people all day long. Everyone treats me really nicely like I have something to give them. I sort of like them too because they like me.

Some of these people start getting close to me and giving me advice on moving out of my parents house, on life etc and how to get ahead in general.

I am still a sheltered shithead who is afraid of people so sometimes he pushes them away. What I want to know is this.

My college is meant to have a population of 9000 students currently enrolled. How the fuck do I only see 20-25 people a day on campus? why the fuck do I know all of them? why are they so nice to me? why do they keep mentioning "research" that I abandoned? why are they being so friendly to me?

It makes no sense to me. But I like it so much that I don't care if it is fake.I am starting to feel like a human being and it's weird. But I want to know what is going on.

People did terrible things to me, so I do deserve niceness. But why would an entire university be setup to do this?
>>
>>18313055
You may be over thinking it since its the first niceness youve gotten in a while. Sounds like too much trouble to go through for an experiment. But if it will help you put your mind at ease. Go sit in campus and tally the people you see and see if what youre saying is actually true.
>>
>>18313055
they might be picking up on your low self-esteem and are trying to be nice to help you out.
>>
>>18313055
Dude, you know some important shit about cancer and they are catching up. This world is a fucking play my man. You are not one of them, like me. They treat it like it's a fucking game. Sometimes I think they're not even aware of it for some reason. If I were you I would be careful about letting people know too much about me and would just fucking chill. Good luck to you man.
>>
I think it's a good thing that your life has changed and you're now surrounded by decent human beings. It's awful what happened to you and you're just not used to it because of your background. It's a good thing. You have a chance to become the person you want to be instead of being treated like a dog. Also, hearing your story gives me hope that my life will change for the better as well. GL anon.
>>
>>18313055
My entire life is an experiment where everyone is a total dickbag to me.

I'll swap ya.
>>
What University?
>>
>>18313828
Just answer this question, OP, and it'll be pretty clear.

For my money, you're just so traumatised by the horrible and undeserved things you endured that you're in denial that anything good can ever happen. I've been there too.
>>
>>18313828
bologna university.
>>
>>18313055

>realize I see something about cancer and cells that most researchers don't

Holy shit what of you got jumped by people that were in on this knowing that you would transfer. From there, they plant and stage everything.

Yooooo this is spooky.

STAY WITH YOUR RENTS BRO. Holy shit man gg pasta if not real.
>>
>>18313055
University is quite different to high school and you're going to find that a lot of the people there are really nice. Especially if you're in a science degree since you'll be lumped in with a lot of the 'nerd' etc that may have also had a rough time when they were younger for various reasons.
People in general are very nice at university.
Also keep in mind that the mind has a bias towards noticing people that you know, and not bothering with people you don't. Plus if you've been there for a few years you'll probably be familiar with a lot of the faces.

That said, I think you should see a psychiatrist about these thoughts. Don't freak out, you probably want to rule out early stage schizophrenia though.

>>18313112
You probably should as well.
>>
>>18314143
Alright, look, the fact you claim to be seeing so few students is a bit odd, but indicative of nothing on its own. It could be your troubled mind playing tricks on you. You could try >>18313073

That said, and I speak as a PhD researcher in Child Law, there is literally no way a Top 200 Global university would greenlight a social experiment like that. I mean, you wouldn't believe all the permissions and legal documents I had to get signed for my research and I'm just talking to teenagers for an hour at a time with their mum in the next room. Psychology intersects with medicine, and anything like that requires you to jump through hoops to do any research at all, let alone a social experiment. What you're describing would be an international scandal and lose the whole faculty their jobs.

Congratulations on getting into such a prestigious university, by the way. I know you're probably haunted by your experiences, and I'm very sorry to hear about them. Just remember that anything good that happens to you happens was a link in a chain that begun with those things. There was an freed African slave who became a nun, later a Catholic saint, who was asked what she would do if she met her slavers, and she said she'd thank them for playing a part in bringing her to Christianity. I know you might not know it now, but your story isn't written yet. You'll be in my prayers.
>>
>>18313055
There's a psychological oddity that comes up in textbooks sometimes. It goes like this - You never particularly notice red cars on the road, but then you buy a red car and suddenly you're seeing red cars everywhere.

The point is that the red cars were there all the time but you had no particular reason to notice them, and there aren't suddenly a lot but you're just primed to notice every one.

You never had many friends, so the world seemed inhabited entirely by strangers. Now you have some friends, so you are very aware of every time you pass them on campus, while you are "tuning out" and not noticing the thousands of non-friends (non-red cars) you pass every day.
>>
>Anon learns that the world is not entirely shit

Good for you man. Enjoy it while it lasts
>>
>>18314143
Ciao anon <3
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.