[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tl;dr How do I stop binge eating? I'm 190Ibs and 5'11.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: depressed400.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
depressed400.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
tl;dr How do I stop binge eating?

I'm 190Ibs and 5'11. I am a jiggly fatass who lost a lot of weight by unheathy means. I don't want to go down that route again. I want to have complete control of myself. But for some reason, my mind always wins. It just does. For years and years I've tried so hard to get into a good routine, healthy diet and exercise, but I will always fuck up no matter what. I'm lonely, and when I'm not doing anything, which is most of the time, I'll go and eat food like crazy and I'm not afraid to throw it up.

What could I possibly do to overcome this?
>>
I'm usually hesitant to recommend stuff like this, but go pirate "Brain Over Binge". This book helped me a lot with binge eating. It's kinda slow but it helped me a lot knowing that the author had dealt with the issue herself. After I read that my urge to binge reduced significantly, though it didn't go away completely.
>>
Whenever you think of eating go outside and smoke a cig. It helps to fight the nighttime pangs with a few shots of vodka. If you feel you need a little boost down a can of red pull with your vodka shots. Keep up that steady routine and in a few months you'll impress people with your new sexy body.
>>
File: 1493585449782.jpg (16KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1493585449782.jpg
16KB, 360x240px
>>18313011
throw out all the shit food and eat what you need (chicken, veggies, fruits, etc.) don't drink soda, drink water (ice cold is the best) just go to >>>/fit/ and read their sticky
>>
>>18313030
Adding to this, I noticed I was more prone to binging when I was listening to music. In my case my binges were linked to emotion and immediately followed a prolonged caloric deficit. Though it felt like someone else was in control of my body whenever it happened, accepting that every binge was a choice and that I had agency really helped me overcome this issue. Giving myself permission to binge a few times made the whole thing far less satisfying and I'd end up eating far less in a session.

Do you have any idea what sets off your binges?
>>
Sounds like you tried a lot of things already and nothing short of an extreme solution will get you out of it.

Schedule your whole day. All of it, from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to sleep. I don't care if you're going to shitpost on the internet for 6 hours, put that in your schedule. And stick to it. Preferably you should do something more constructive, but you can't change your entire life like that instantly. Start by keeping the schedule. Include your meals in this schedule. Every day eat at the same hours. And try to plan what you're going to eat beforehand. Whether you manage to plan the contents of your meals or not be sure to record everything you eat, the time you ate it at and the approximate amount of calories consumed. EVERYTHING. I don't care if it's a full meal or a piece of candy, you write it down. And you do it even if you eat something off schedule. ESPECIALLY if you eat something off schedule. Sounds like a lot, but really it's just making a schedule and keeping track of what you're eating.

Do this for about a month. First of all, it will make you think twice before eating something. And, most importantly it will make you more aware of your eating habits and what's causing them. And in this month read "The power of habit" by Charles Duhigg. It will explain how habits work and how to change them.

Also start lifting if you aren't already. It won't only help you lose weight and get more toned, it will also help a lot with the motivation, willpower and it's a good all-around habit to have.
>>
>>18313053
>Do you have any idea what sets off your binges?
My guess is it usually happens when I feel like there is a halt in my day. I feel bad that I have nothing else to do, and food is really the only pleasurable thing I have.

>>18313056
Thank you both for your answers. I know what I'll be doing the next few days.
>>
>>18313011

It sounds like you're using binge eating junk as a coping method. Try replacing eating with another coping mechanism like working out or talking a walk. For you, I would say it's a mixture of habits and focusing on building yourself some mental discipline. You can do it
>>
Become poor
>>
>>18313137
Good luck OP. I've been where you're at but I'm on the other side now. You can get there, too.
>>
>>18313185

Not OP but how did you do it?
>>
Ive trained myself that the feeling of hunger means Im losing weight, so its good that Im hungry
>>
More men should be as brave as you to come out about being bulimic. Stay strong, it's controllable, I come from a bulimic family and I've struggled with it,
>>
When I know there's a particular food that will be eaten until sick I try to prevent myself from buying it or only get a small quantity. It doesn't always work but I try to get ahead of my lack of self control.

Video games help keep the mind busy and so do books. Also cigs or shitposting
>>
>>18313033
Maaaaan come on. That's a recipe for replacing a bad habit with another.

Just get a vape pen for a little nicotine works the same and not nearly as bad.
>>
Stop eating carbs.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.