[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

getting a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: JPGinzademonstratie.jpg (102KB, 337x437px) Image search: [Google]
JPGinzademonstratie.jpg
102KB, 337x437px
guys I'm about to be kicked out my house for not having a job and I really need to figure out why I'm not being hired

>drop out of decent college because I couldn't afford payments (sophomore, no degree)
>parents say they will kick me out if I don't start working and they only support me while I'm "doing something with my life" (in this case going to college)
>good GPA in both, honor roll, lots of extracurricular activities, clubs and shit
>but no job experience because I went straight from high school to full-time college by will of my parents

okay its been aroughly 5 months and I've been putting in applications almost every day. for the past months and a half I've been doing as many as I fucking can, at least 20 online a week and then 2-3 days a week driving to nearby places. I'm even running out of places that I haven't applied to in the area. I apply to EVERYWHERE, from fast-food entry level shit, manual labor, to higher up stuff like bank tellers and paid apprenticeships.
I have
>a well written resume and cover letter when its needed
>good social skills, not a sperg or anything like that
>always asks questions and try my best to act confident and interested in the position
>always dress my best regardless of where it is
>if possible meet the hiring manager and introduce myself (rarely get the chance though)
>almost always call back if I don't get a rejection response, results vary buts its never resulted in me getting hired
>always write about skill I have relevant to the job even if I have to stretch the truth because of no experience
>use professors as my references
>always do my best to fill out the inventory and surveys, they're usually easy and I have good mental math skills

continued in next post
>>
>>18312725
I've put in maybe 100-125 applications now, probably 75 of those were online. its slowing down. sometimes I'll re-apply to the same place and the website will let me know I'm already in the system or won't let me continue. I've gotten 6 interviews so far. all of them went well. 2 fast-food places, 1 grocery store, 1 department store, 1 gym, 1 sit-down restaurant as dishwasher. NONE of them called me back. I called back each place and asked about my application politely about a week after applying. some responded, some didn't even act like they knew who I was and kept passing me around to managers.

seriously, what the FUCK is going wrong? I've kept a good attitude so far but its really starting to freak me the fuck out.
is there something I'm missing? I've put in maybe 120-130 applications now, its slowing down. sometimes I'll re-apply to the same place and the website will let me know I'm already in the system or won't let me continue. I've gotten 6 interviews so far. all of them went well. 2 fast-food places, 1 grocery store, 1 department store, 1 gym, 1 sit-down restaurant as dishwasher. NONE of them called me back. I called back each place and asked about my application politely about a week after applying. some responded, some didn't even act like they knew who I was and kept passing me around to managers.

seriously, what the FUCK is going wrong? I've kept a good attitude so far but its really starting to freak me the fuck out.
is there something I'm missing?
is it just impossible to get hired without previous experience? should I just hoard my last couple hundreds of dollars my parents have given me, sell my car, and try to move to a city or somewhere with more jobs? I don't know what else to do. my parents sit there and say "you're not trying hard enough", they're no help whatsoever. they're still bitter about me dropping out of college because they think that's only something losers and failures do.
>>
... how long have you been waiting? Seriously you might be overreacting a BIT.
And all else fails just go to your local temp agency,
Problem solved.
>>
>>18312735
I've been waiting for 5 months

I don't feel like I'm overreacting when I'm about to become homeless and lose all fucking hope at finishing my degree
>>
>>18312735
>your local temp agency,
never done that before, I'm going to do that this coming monday. did a quick search and there are only two in my town that are for local agencies, neither have websites. is it a guaranteed thing? like I won't just keep getting rejected for jobs like I am now?
>>
>>18312740
Your Family are a bunch of pieces of trash, here is the problem.
Also, lie more in your Written Resume, it's important. Use relatives as well: Do you have a pizza seller uncle ? A friends' relative who works in an industrial vendor place ?
Do not fear using these things to get an easy job.

But never forget how much of disgusting pieces of crap your parents are.
>>
find out where a family member / cousin works and apply there.
surely one of your cousins manages some place
>>
>>18312780
They aren't trash they just make me mad because they're so fucking stubborn, neither of them went to college and they were so hell-bent on me getting a degree because they don't want me to be poor like them. good intentions I guess.

>>18312780
>>18312782
most of my relatives live 200+ miles away. I'm thinking of asking to stay with my aunt if I end up getting kicked out as a last resort. its really fucked. all my friends from my hometown are gone to college. all my friends from college are miles away. I don't really have many connections here that I haven't already exhausted.

I've been exaggerating my skills due to no actual experience (for example, I'll put customer service/food service experience because I worked as a food vendor at a high school event once) but should I be straight up lying on my resume? like making up jobs?
>>
>>18312725
Oh also,
>lots of extracurricular activities, clubs and shit
If you can, make them into jobs if you know well the people from your activities and expose them the fact that you're in a big need of a job
(Maybe the boss of a Gym you frequented a lot etc...)

Last hope: becoming a private teacher for younger students with difficulties
>>
>>18312797
>should I be straight up lying on my resume? like making up jobs?
Any believable lies you make up are not going to make you sound any more employable than other candidates.
>>
>>18312725
Where do you live OP?
>>
>>18312797
>I've been exaggerating my skills due to no actual experience (for example, I'll put customer service/food service experience because I worked as a food vendor at a high school event once) but should I be straight up lying on my resume? like making up jobs?

No you did well, Big lies are sort of risky.
Continue your effort, and if really you still can't find something just expose it un front of your parents' eyes and show them how many fucking letters and job interview you're attending to, and that it's not you NOT WANTING to work, it's the fact that you're in dip shit and asks them if their colleagues or friends can help you finding one.

But that is really the last resort, if you can't find ANYTHING and have done everything you possibly could have done

Be strong anon, Finding a job really is hard these days.
>>
>>18312725

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BAKKEN_BOOMLET?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-05-13-10-34-16

I heard there's more jobs than applicants now in North Dakota.
Might be worth looking into...
>>
>>18312809
Southern Illinois, town of ~25000 people so there should be enough jobs to find...

>Last hope: becoming a private teacher for younger students with difficulties
do you have more info? is it an agency or something? I've never seen teaching or tutoring jobs like this that didn't require a degree
>>
>>18312824
I meant to respond to
>>18312803
as well
>>
quality not quantity, find jobs that suit you the best and take a solid day to edit your resume and cover letter for that one specific job
>>
>>18312824
I'm not American so I don't know if that's possible in there, but there is organization such as Acadomia for "Legal" ones which effectively requires some degrees and I found this if it helps:
http://www.learnhowtobecome.org/tutor/
And it seems like the only required thing for some of them is High School degree.
but you can always go for the darkest road and be paid not legally...
>>
>>18312725
>my house
not your house, your parents house
>>
>>18312824
>>18312852
From what i'm reading, it's hard in America sorry OP...
It seems like most of them requires experience hours. It's funny because it's way easier in my country.
Sorry
>>
>>18312854
kill yourself little fucking bitch

god I hate dumb old fucks like you and OP's parents
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.