[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way for an asocial person to succeed in life? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1494085052662.jpg (316KB, 1349x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1494085052662.jpg
316KB, 1349x1920px
Is there any way for an asocial person to succeed in life? I don't know if that's the right word, but I generally don't talk to people. I'm kind of afraid to sometimes and I'm the kind of person that never knows what to say because all my life I've really just stayed locked up in my room and just played video games, masturbate, and whatever else losers like me do.

I feel like this is just the way I am. It's not like if somebody started talking to me I'd just ignore them, but I probably would prefer if I didn't.

I'm 22 years old right now. Time is fucking flying. I really need a job. My life sucks and I don't know if I can take sitting in my room anymore. I've had a couple seasonal jobs but they were pretty trashy "anybody can apply because we need people constantly" jobs. I'm unsure of what to do. I just went to get myself stable.
>>
>>18312286
>I'm 22 years old right now.

You are a kid. Stop acting like you are a jaded 50 yo Clint Eastwood character and just change your habits.

You don't need to become a social butterfly to get a steady job. Get off your ass look for a good job.
>>
bumping for advice
>>
People skills has nothing to do with a job unless its something like sales, as long as you arent a complete asshole.

Apply to your local temp agency, take whatever shitty job they give you.

After you get the shitty job, look in the newspaper and online for local job openings. Apply for better job.

Repeat until you get a job you can live with.

3 things to remember for interviews, no people skills required:
>Safety first
>Quality > Quantity
>Always tell a manager / supervisor
The rest is just fill in bullshit.

Skilled labor is obviously a whole different can of worms
>>
>>18312286
I'm in the same exact situation as you. Almost 22 too. Hang in there anon.

I'm scared I'll never be able to socialize normally or get a gf because of years of being a NEET. I hope it didn't squelch that part of my brain that can connect with people because I never practiced it.
>>
>>18312433

You two are fucking 22. Give changing a try before bitching like this. You are not old enough to "set in your ways". I mean, you haven't even really tried changing if you've been a NEET this whole time.
>>
>>18312448
I guess I don't know where to start. Don't have much guidance in my life. You're right though
>>
>>18312472

Then ask for help. Parents, friends, teachers, someone out there can help you, don't be afraid to ask for help.
>>
>>18312479
OP here. Parents aren't any help. No friends. Graduated HS. No money for therapist.
>>
>>18312531

Work and pay for one. Or try to find some non-profit that works with that sort of thing. I have used a few that offer psychiatrists for cheap, as they are volunteers.

Also, you can try to make friends and build a support network. Again, you have no money? Do volunteer work or join a local club or assosiation and have some fun.
>>
I'm 3 years younger than you and yeah I guess 22 yo is not really the worst time to start turning things around but fuck the oldfags calling us younger people "kids", the world doesn't treat us like kids anymore, that shit is disrespectful, makes me angry as fuck
>>
>>18312545
I'm not really social. I never joined any club or volunteered for anything. I've been trying to find a job but I'm mostly afraid of interviews. I just don't know how to handle them well. "Uhhh, I don't know." would be my response for most things. I'm not a good liar.
>>
>>18312641

Ok, I'll try another approach: What do you expect to get here? What do you think we can tell you to help?
>>
>>18312286
i'm in the same boat as you op

post discord and lets be friends
>>
>>18312646
This place is for advice, isn't it?

>>18312660
Zehcnas #2077
>>
>>18312692

What what advice do you want? We can't tell you to get help because you are so alone and can't pay a proffesional. We can't tell you to try anyway and lose the fear by seeing it's not that bad because you are to afraid to even go. We can't tell you to try some other activities to go out slowly and maybe get some friends for the emotional support because you "are not social" so you won't even try.

What can we tell you, man? What do you hope to find as "advice" here? Tell me and I swear I'd do my best to provide, but I can't see what you want. You reject everything you are offered.
>>
The only advice that will help you if you cant make use of the advice you already got is

grow
some
balls.
>>
>>18312701
I don't know.
>>
>>18312788

Then figure that out. Only you can do that.
>>
File: 1493650058839.png (138KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493650058839.png
138KB, 512x512px
>>18312433
>get a gf
stop with this fucking meme already.

Would you rather stay a NEET or get completely stomped on mentally by some piece of shit woman? Women will only fuck up your comfy life.

Just keep playing video games, be thankfull you have the option of being a NEET In the first place, in my country i literally can't be NEET without ending up in the streets.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.