[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Social media is cancer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Are you kidding me you can't make an account on Tinder without linking it to your Facebook? Why the fuck would I want that, why the fuck would I be forced to do that?

Why do you people do it? Does creating a fake Facebook account nowadays work?
>>
>>18311917
sure it does. It doesn't have to be fake. Use your real first name (as it shows up o tinder) and make up your last if you want to maintain anonymity. Tighten up all privacy settings and you're all set.

Tinder really does work for sex/hook ups if you're into that kind of thing. I recommend you don't be into it for too long though.
>>
>>18311917
Yeah fuck facebook with a hot rake and anything that *requires* it. So tinder can take a running fuck at the moon then.
>>
>>18311926
I'm looking for real true love as I'm unable yet to find it on OkCupid.

Am I in the wrong place?
>>
>>18311938
yes anon, I believe you are. Not to say that it isn't possible, but merely from experiential reasons, I think tinder's the wrong place for it.
>>
>>18311938
Should only ever be used as a parallel system for seeking it IRL. Keep it high bar, then if someone passes the checks they're likely interesting. But seek true love via other processes.
>>
>>18311938
Tinder is known as the hook up app, and it affects peoples intentions on it.

I used MeetMe to find my current gf. Its like Facebook but you can see everybodys posts instead of just your friends, so you can just stalk the newsfeed until a chick wants to do something.

The hard part is standing out, but thats true of any online dating. Personally I think its a form of Hell for men
>>
>>18311958
I think the small, but necessary, talk kills it. At least for me.

I drop it after a few replies because I get bored before even getting to know the person yet then there's the thing that probably most people wouldn't go out on slightly blind dates either so...
>>
>>18311917
yes you can, i literally made an account yesterday with just my phone number... n
>>
>>18311958

There are some girls on tinder who actually want to date you. You have to weed through tons of sluts and attention whores but they are out there.
>>
>>18311966

Take better pics. If you're attractive enough, girls will go along with anything you say, no matter how boring it is.
>>
>>18311917
>Are you kidding me you can't make an account on Tinder without linking it to your Facebook? Why the fuck would I want that, why the fuck would I be forced to do that?

It's kinda dumb but also kinda shows you're not totally socially inept. Most people have a facebook and scooping the info from there is easier, and it shows their public face rather than what they just want to throw on tinder, because otherwise it would be at a grindr level of hooking up.
>>
>>18312056
how?
>>
>>18312629
>download the app
>it says login with facebook or login with phone number
>click login with phone number
>???????
>>
>>18312925
u wot?
mine only says log in with facebook. no other options

are you from the USA?
>>
i dont know anyone that has hooked up on tinder.

even if you match with girls, and msg them they dont reply or dont want anything to do with you.

i guess they like the high of bathing in their own self gratitude.
>>
Social media is 100% worthless for any real interactions with people online. It's just a shitpost feed for idiots to take pictures of the dinner they didn't cook or the traffic light that took like, THREE WHOLE MINUTES to change!!!1one

Basically it's one big collective appeal to someone's sense of narcissism and vanity. If you aren't inclined to either you won't like it,
>>
everytime i look on tinder its either

#1 : women on work visa's looking for a way to get residency. the second they get it, they leave you.

#2: vain women looking for attention

#3 : lonely women seeing what they can score, but have no commitment.
>>
>>18311938
Match.com is currently doing a huge marketing push maybe that will work?
>>
do I have a chance on tinder if I'm skeleton mode? I have an eating disorder, so inb4 you say "get swole", I'm working on it.

specifics: 6'1" and 135 lbs (22-year old male). I just want sex. should I just stick to bars and clubs so they know what they're getting right off the bat?
>>
>>18313029
>6'1"
>135 lbs

That's hot. Post pics.
>>
>>18313040
no homo
if I were homo I would have tons of /fa/boys slobbering on my dick already
>>
>>18311917
first of all it puts a barrier to entry so that there aren't as many spam accounts as there otherwise would be. it's just a verification thing, and since fb is extremely popular, it's about as good of one as you can really get right now.

why do you have to have a state ID to get into bars? because they need to make sure you're someone who is supposed to be there so they don't fuck their business up. same idea. tinder has an interest in keeping their app as legit as possible, and it's up to them how they do that. would you prefer faxing them a copy of your ID?

i hate connecting my facebook to things, but my love of sex outweighs that. and it doesn't post anything.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.