[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird Dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: wojak.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
I keep having extremely visual and real dreams. I becoming unable to tell reality from the apparent dreams I'm having. I keep thinking that things that happened in dreams occurred in reality, in one of my dreams, a friend got dumped and I thought it happened in real life and started talking about it to them. I keep having false awakening as well. I don't take drugs or anything so this is really weird and unsettling. Help me /adv/
>>
reality checks, do it daily so u can do it even in your dreams.
i usually count my fingers, in dreams its neve 5 5, always something weird.
u can also try reading a clock or a sentence as it always changes in dreams.
>>
You should see a doctor immediately. It may be nothing, but this is an early symptom of schizophrenia.
>>
>>18311390
Except for the dreams, what is the usual quality of your sleep, OP? How many hours a night would you say you get? Any night time awakenings? About how much time does it take for you to get to sleep once you've laid down? Do you get to sleep at the same time most nights, as well as wake up at the same time most days? Do you take naps?

Except for the dreams, have you been experiencing any other unusual stress lately?
>>
Op, first, seek medical attention soon but DO NOT accept any medication until you've learned to differentiate these visions from reality. I suffer from 'dreams' such as what you described on and off for 3 years now. It may not seem like it, but they are controllable and are entirely influenced by you. Medication can cause significant rebound effect if you ever decide to stop taking it. I wouldn't recommend meds until the cause of this illness is more well understood.
>>
>>18311895
>>18312552
But I'm only 19 :(
>>
>>18312496
I usually get 8 hours of sleep, but this isn't when the dreams occur.

The weird dreams happen when I nod off for about an hour or so.
>>
>>18312698
I can imagine the dreams could be very disorienting. When you are awake, do you ever experience the feeling that your thoughts and actions are somewhat disconnected from your body? Are there times when you are awake that you cannot remember things that have happened immediately before a given moment (such loss of time might not occur all the time, but frequently enough to be disruptive)?

Except for the dreams, have you had any other unusual stress?
>>
>>18312805
Generally, how do you feel that viewing people on television or the internet affects your life? How might you relate to them?
>>
>>18313833
I don't have a television, and only really watch documentation on the internet

>>18312805
I'm stressed about the small things in life, nothing particularly unusual
>>
>>18312697
Aw dude that's when it sets in. Like when you pass teens and head into young adulthood
>>
>>18314367
As you don't seem to have any serious indications of episodes of dissociation or magical thinking, I wouldn't worry too much about schizophrenia unless you have a family history of mental disorders. If you have access to a mental healthcare provider, you might run it by them, but I don't think the dreams are a sign of a problem. If they continue, it would be valuable to develop a way to check that what you saw in the dream is/is not something that happened in the waking before you act on it, but I would not call it reason for concern that something is wrong with you.
>>
>>18314733
OK thank you
>>
>>18311390
smoke a fat blunt and meditate
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.