[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend doesnt drink

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

Don't know what to do. Me and my girlfriend have been together for 5 years now. I drink about 3-4 times a week, and my girlfriend has never had a drink in her life.

Some people would consider me an alcoholic, and I am fine with that. I have a successful job, and if anything would be a functional alcoholic. My problem is that me and my girlfriend have never had the kind of bonding that can happen after having a few drinks together. Am I the one at fault for thinking that this would somehow bring us closer together? For the 5 years we have been together, every time I have something to drink, I wish I had somebody to drink with.

I have never had the urge to cheat on her, or anything like that. I just wish that we could have that moment together... Where we are not controlled by rational thinking... I don't know if it even makes sense, but I think that having the experience of being intoxicated with one another makes you closer. It relieves some of the barriers that you would otherwise face.

In my day to day life I am a very serious man, I show very little emotion, and I have a hard time interacting on an emotional level. I know most of this is an act that I put on, on some sort of subconscious level. After a few drinks though, I normally open up.

I know this is just a general rambling, but I do need advice. My main questions are; am I at fault for wanting to experience some sort of intoxication with my significant other? Should I seek help? Is this at all normal? Is there some other deeper issue that I have not addressed in regards to my inability to open up to others?

I need some sort of guidance. It is 4:00 in the morning, my girlfriend has been asleep since 12:00... I continue drinking and the whole time I am left alone with my thoughts.
>>
>>18311029
you cant do anything, if she doesn't drink, then she doesn't drink
>>
>>18311037
Sounds about right. I would feel wrong if I made her drink...

I just don't know what to do... I'm thinking the only option is to stop drinking myself. Which is fine but I feel like some sort of connections would not be possible. We would live our entire life without experiencing that.

I'm retarded, aren't I?

Fuck I hate this.
>>
Yep, the problem is you not her. You most likely have a drinking problem and if you can't connect with people who don't drink you have the issue not her. Why don't you stop drinking and connect with her on that level? Or go find another alcoholic to commiserate with.
>>
>>18311056
Yea its a pretty retarded way of thinking.

Why not try heroin together? You will never experience that together either.
>>
It sounds less like about the bonding experience created through tipsy/drunk adventures together and more about not getting validation for your habits, one of which is quite important to you.

I had this one with psychedelic drugs. My gf was down with almost everything except psychedelics, even mdma. Because I'd had some profound and incredibly experiences with these substances I wanted to share these states of mind with her and I wanted to be in her company while we were both under the influence. Instead she was steadfast and happy for me to do these things, but she would go out for the day. If anybody has ever tripped you'll know how reflective and analytical things can get and as a result I felt quite rejected and almost punished for my behaviour, but eventually you have to accept that his is self indulgent bullshit.

Basically you have a duty of care to yourself and to those in your life who you claim to love. If you are fulfilling this role then it shouldn't matter. If you are deep down aware that you are failing in this role, then you should work that out.

I'm kind of lucky in this regard though because she has been willing to do, talk, fuck etc on almost anything else. Alcohol is basically a depressant though, most of the excitement I feel regarding alcohol consumption comes from knowing that I'm in the position to allow myself to get fucked up. The accelerated feeling and excitement that comes with drinks 1-3 is not really the same as drinks 3-6 and the rest is just going beyond, typically boring self indulgent drunken repetitive conversation, thoughts and behaviour. I suppose in a way it is giving yourself permission to relax and behave in a manner which you could always give yourself permission to behave in while sober, but alcohol is subconscious green light. I also think there is part of me that wishes to recapture those 'crazy wild drunken younger years' when everything was an open field of potential.
>>
>>18311029
Its fucked up, but I can kinda relate. It's not fun when you are enjoying your buzz and your significant other is stone sober and completely logical. Feels shitty actually,

But honestly, we are actually the ones with a problem here. I think healing might start with analyzing why its so hard to access emotions without the aid of alcohol.
>>
>>18311029
Dig up the 1950s movie DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES and watch it.
>>
>>18311029
I get that tipsy connection you're saying. It's fun drinking together for sure.

But you basically admitted by yourself you have an alcohol problem, so your partner is the best person for you to have around.

Only if you fix your problem, you have the right to ask her to try to have a drink with you.
And now how she could ever enjoy it if it's being an issue for you?
>>
>>18311056
>I'm retarded, aren't I?
Yep. Sorry. If one of the worst problems in your relationship is, "I like to drink and my girlfriend doesn't," consider yourself a lucky man.

It's normal to feel a little bummed when your SO doesn't share your hobbies but that's one of the pitfalls of dating a real and not a fantasy waifu you dreamed up in your head. They almost never will share all your interests.

Like, my girlfriend LOVES doing jigsaw puzzles. It's how she relaxes after a stressful day at work. I'm sure she'd love it if one day I sat down with her and we spent a quiet hour or two puzzling together but that is never, ever going to happen, because I do not give a shit about puzzles. Words cannot express how much I do not give a shit. I'm sure the fact that I have no interest in her (incredibly boring) hobby makes her feel wistful from time to time but it's not that big a deal. That's how you should feel about this. Maybe a little bit wistful sometimes.

>In my day to day life I am a very serious man, I show very little emotion, and I have a hard time interacting on an emotional level. I know most of this is an act that I put on, on some sort of subconscious level. After a few drinks though, I normally open up.
This sounds like a big old heap of your fuckin' problem that you're going to have to sort through, dude. This isn't a good way to go through life. It's not good to need alcohol to experience strong emotional connections. Are you going to be drunk at your wedding? When your first child is born? When your kid graduates from school? Are you going to be drunk for all the little but important moments in between? I'm not saying you necessarily need therapy (though it couldn't hurt) but you gotta fix this somehow.
>>
>>18311029
>drinking alone at 4am
It's you who has the problem shithead
>>
>>18311029
>I want to get my gf drunk just to fuck her silly
Huh, interesting.
>>
>>18311210
How old are YOU?
>>
A partner who doesn't drink is the perfect thing for a drunk like you. The last thing you need in your life is to be shacked up with a fellow alcoholic you can get into a co-dependent death spiral with.
>>
>>18311029
misery loves company and I only hope your gf finally wises up and leaves
>>
>>18311029
>I drink about 3-4 times a wee
mate i got bad news for you
>>
>>18311029
Okay?

Lucky you

Every girl that drinks or smokes pot gets raped

Fact. I know it is so don't bother posting.
>>
>>18311561
Also girls can't alcohol like men can

A girl will most certainly cheat on alcohol for a fact but a guy will just play video games and sleep.

Women use anything to act like whores then when they get raped and have 100 plus male partners they go "oh no it was a mistake I was drunk"
>>
>>18311567

Wow...are you single??
>>
>>18311572
Every girl who uses drugs or alcohol gets raped.

Every girl who uses drugs or alcohol gets raped.

Every girl who uses drugs or alcohol gets raped

Feel free to report back when you've had experience
>>
>Someone doesn't drink
>You are practically admitting to being an alcoholic
>Somehow she is the problem, not you

??????????????????
>>
>>18311029
Where do I find girls that don't drink? Serious question because I'm completely straight edge and every time I meet a girl who talks about getting wasted I cringe pretty hard.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.