[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self Knowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: BRIGGS.jpg (48KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
BRIGGS.jpg
48KB, 560x420px
I am a university student trying to gain a better understanding of myself, I have taken multiple personality tests based on Jung and Briggs Myers theory of personality. Out 6 or 7 times I took the test, each time from a different source, I always receive either ENTJ or ENTP, tests which break down each trait to a percentage score show a high level of cross over between J and P (Judging and Perceiving).

a few things I have observed about myself

-In group projects since I was young I immediately take command, in any group dynamic I feel most at home leading. In such group dynamics I have little patience for incompetence or laziness.

-I love debating and arguing, always in good faith.

-I am curious by nature and love being introduced to new ideas.

-I am very impatient.

-I value logic over emotion, Justice over compassion.

-I detest inefficiency

-Its very hard to get me angry.

Thank you so much for your time, I value any and all input.
>>
>>18310967
>I value any and all input

What fucking input? You aren't even asking advice on anything.
>>
>>18310972
I'm going to guess he wants an evaluation and tips on how he could improve his life, so that's what I'm writing

>>18310967
Sounds like a lot of people hate you because you keep telling them what to do and that they are not efficient enough. That doesn't really matter and meant you would probably make a good boss. Make sure you know what it is like to not be the one in control however, you can get experience by joining in on large group projects.
>>
shit I meant to have it typed in the title, my bad, my question was supposed to be: "Am I an ENTP or ENTJ personality type." Trivial question I know, but any incites are greatly appreciated
>>
>>18310979
*insights. And kys.
>>
>>18310967
1. Try not to pigeonhole yourself into one or the other. Don't treat the labels as boxes - they're more like rules for self-study.
2. If you want more self-tests, look into the cognitive functions

The J/P flip-flop is pretty common, since objective tests aren't exactly the best read on them.
Based on the ENTJ and ENTPs that I know, your distaste of inefficiency and penchant for taking command in a social areas, I would say you lean more towards ENTJ. ENTJs are driven towards completion of a goal, whereas ENTPs are more interested in the novelty of the goal.

But take that all with a grain of salt. I'm just some random schmuck on the internet.
>>
>>18310998
Not sure why I expected a different response than this from 4chan

>>18311011
Thank you, that's actually quite helpful!
>>
Online tests for MBTI are highly inaccurate. The letters are not the actual indicators (like you aren't a "Judging type vs a Perceiving type" based on how high you score on a metric), the letters are a code for the FUNCTIONS. Learn the functions and what they mean, read about every type individually, and then determine what type you are yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSNTdSSLauQ
>>
>>18310967
basically it comes down to J's get things done and P's sit around thinking about stuff

If you have the natural drive to see something to it's ACTUAL conclusion ON YOUR OWN then you're likely a J.

If you have a bunch of great ideas that you never get done because _____ then you're likely a P.

P's are the brainstormers, J's are the ones that figure out how to make an idea tangible.

Also another hint is if you need closure in conversations. As a J, I have found that I NEED people to conclude the fucking idea or else I go mad. P's will just leave shit hanging even in conversation. They tend to beat a dead horse imo, whereas J's want how the end result is, once they've figured out what it is the topic is done with.

Ah, and J's tend to prefer application. So in other words, if I learn something I learn with the intention of applying said knowledge. P's just collect info with no need for info.

Ex. J and P want to learn French. J wants to learn with the direct intent to speak with others, along with other reasons. P just wants to learn the language but may not want to speak it with others. Possibly used for research or reading instead.
>>
>>18310967
>university student
>taking this crap seriously
Do you read your horoscope too? Neither adds to relevant knowledge about yourself beyond telling others that you're into navel gazing. You are what you do, it's as simple as that.
>>
>>18310967

>-In group projects since I was young I immediately take command, in any group dynamic I feel most at home leading. In such group dynamics I have little patience for incompetence or laziness.
>-I am very impatient.
>-I value logic over emotion, Justice over compassion.
>-I detest inefficiency

You're ENTJ for sure. P is way more laidback.
>>
ENTJs and ENTPs use opposite functions, so they are extremely different. Do you enjoy exploring different ideas and making connections, or planning towards the future in a linear, visionary way? Do you care more about making others happy or your own personal feelings? Since you hate laziness you are probably and ENTJ.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.