[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that a bio degree is worse (in terms of employment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Is it true that a bio degree is worse (in terms of employment and pay) than a psych, English, and even sociology degree?
>>
>>18310416
unlikely
there are plenty of jobs in labs
>>
Any degree is what you make of it. If you're expecting to get a degree, do nothing else while you're a student and still land a job afterwards, you're a moron. This is true for any field, not just the ones you have listed.
>>
>>18310422
This.

But it all comes down to what you do in college. For ANY major, you need internships. Science degrees, it is even more critical that you have multiple internships under your belt before you graduate. You should have an internship no later than your junior year. One over each summer break, and one during the school year, for at least two years. Employers expect kids to have experience the day they graduate. The paper isn't enough anymore. Do your time in some labs and you won't have any trouble getting a job with a bio degree.
>>
>>18310422
>>18310425
>>18310434
I recently declared my major as Bio, but I came across this today

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/09/why-the-s-in-stem-is-overrated/279931/
I know it's 4 years old, but t's pretty disheartening. I understand that just getting a degree isn't everything, but I'd at least like to make the best choice possible. It makes doing all of the chem and math seem pointless if you can more easily get by with an easier degree.
>>
>>18310416
Yes, if looked at this way:

Any STEM degree fits you for that specific field, but not really for anything else.

Any Liberal Arts degree gives you skills (reading, writing, research, analysis) that are transferable to a wider range of business fields.
>>
>>18311269
jeez you actually have no idea what you're talking about. How is a degree in physics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, or any other STEM majors not transferable when all you do is logical problem solving and critical thinking skills that are actually USED in business?
>Liberal Arts degree gives you skills
>reading, writing,
Do you seriously believe that a stem major can't read nor write?
>>
>>18311293
Not him, but your post reeks of
>I fell for the STEM meme
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.