[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i fucking hate engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1484160144658.png (14KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484160144658.png
14KB, 200x300px
I'm graduating as an electrical engineering major this weekend and I despise programming and most electrical engineering topics. I loved my major at first and now the thought of working as en engineer really makes me want to kill myself. What jobs or other career paths can I try with a bachelors in electrical engineering?
>>
>>18310412

yfw 300k starting salary was a lie. lmao
>>
>>18310467
If you're stupid enough to have believed that, you deserve to be unhappy
>>
>>18310412
Same here. What electives did you take? I took robotics and worked in a cleanroom. Those were exciting. Circuit analysis was pretty dull though.
>>
I graduated in control and automation. Hated control, liked automation but I'm crap with electronics. I openned a small 3d printing shop and am trying to make it a living, and I'm loving it. Maybe try to open your own business doing something that involves whatever you liked on your degree. Honestly I can't remember one friend who graduated and actually uses the whole skillset from uni.
>>
The good thing is, a lot of careers only ask that you have a degree, doesn't really matter what it's in. I'm not exactly sure what alternative careers that you could use your engineering knowledge for but there are definitely different options other than just engineering.
>>
>>18310653
>The good thing is, a lot of careers only ask that you have a degree, doesn't really matter what it's in.
That's true for some, but I wouldn't say 'a lot'. Plus, the ones that do tend to be the sort that require skills that someone with, say, a liberal arts degree is more likely to have than someone with an engineering degree. And they're likely to see that someone has an engineering degree and wonder why the fuck an engineer is applying.
>>
>>18310658
What skill would a liberal arts degree holder have that an engineering degree holder wouldn't? All those types of careers care about are that you can think critically and learn. That's what any degree proves. You won't get any job if you just don't apply because you think they won't accept you. You can pretty much get any job in the government with any degree.
>>
>>18310662
I've heard that engineering is pretty much the best degree to have if you want to work it other fields. It shows you are good at math and problem solving. Two highly needed skills.
>>
>>18310670
That may be true, but you have to consider the fact that a majority of your time as an engineering undergrad will be spent actually doing engineering (design, lab, and whatnot) and unless you take enjoyment from building stuff you won't enjoy engineering -> have shit GPA.
>>
>>18310412
wall street my bud
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.