[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend had gained a significant amount of weight in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: fat.jpg (161KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
161KB, 600x450px
My girlfriend had gained a significant amount of weight in a year and a half. I keep hinting and hinting, but I don't think she gets it or cares. I've tried getting her to eat healthy. I'm starting to lose attraction to her and now she wants to get married. Do I just tell her she's gotten fat and cause world war 3 or what?
>>
You're out of alternatives apparently. Ww3 it is.

>t. Dated a fattie once and know your struggle
>>
self bump because I don't know who to talk to this about.
>>
>I've tried getting her to eat healthy.
What about you - do you eat healthy? If you only buy healthy stuff and cook healthy, home made food I don't see how she can be gaining weight unless she's really overeating or just cheats with your "diet".
>>
>>18310193
I do. I eat healthy and exercise. She likes to eat candy, ice cream, pizza, you name it.
>>
>>18310169

Ask her to fix it. If she doesn't, then break up. Very simple.

I assume here that you yourself are not fat. If you are, then you need to fix that as well.
>>
You need to tell her that no, you are not going to marry her as is. And that you have struggled to bring up this issue, but have not out of fear to hurt her feelings, not sure how to go about it right and so on. But she has gained weight, it impacts her quality of life, it impacts your shared quality of life, it will impact her health and life span if she continues and it will impact your attraction if she continues.

I don't really have a loophole for you. It sounds like she just doesn't care enough to bring up the motivation. Marry her and you can imagine what lies ahead. I would just go for it and hope it goes better than expected.
>>
Maybe you can drop hints that you find fat people gross. I guess she's not really taking any hints though so it is probably time to confront her and tell her she's gaining a bit of weight, that it's not healthy for her, etc.
>>
Thanks for the ideas. Wish me luck.
>>
>>18310237
Not op, but she probably doesn't even realize she's fat. So he might even throw up on a landwhale and she won't even realize she's becoming one
>>
Don't say you find fat people gross. Just say you want her to be healthy and that her weight could be preventing that. Then help her through the process if she's willing to do it. If she's not, maybe turn it up a bit and tell her it bothers you that she's not willing to make a positive change in her life when someone she loves tries to help her. If the prior "concern" tactic didn't work, maybe the "guilt" tactic will. Failing all that, I guess go for broke and tell her you're not attracted to her anymore and that she needs to lose weight.
>>
losing weight is actually pretty easy.

You gf has to stop eating fat. No cheese, chips, candy bars, ice cream, nuts, etc. eat as little fat as possible. She doesn't need fat, her body is covered in a thick layer of fat, she's got plenty of fat!

Have her eat whole wheat bread, and bean dishes, like veggie bean chili. avoid rice and pasta, though.

no snacking, only 2 meals a day.

A very high carb diet works really well, because the carbs are like gasoline - they'll keep you energized, even when you are hungry.

A high fat diet/high carb high fat diet, will cause weight gain, and make you tired when you get hungry.. simply because fat is not the bodies preferred fuel, it isn't the bodie's gasoline.
>>
Why can't women stop themselves from ballooning? And when you bring it up they turn it on you.
Been in your position and chose ww3. Hinting doesn't work through all that fat so go tell her what's up. And no marriage until she respects the relationship.
>>
Yep. Why wouldn't you?
>>
>>18310327
We can actually prevent it. Just some people fall victim to fatlogic. Me and my partner are very into self improvement, so if we'd end up slacking food or exercise-wise, we would say something about it.
>>
>>18310198
When ever someone gains weight and loves eating shitty food constantly. There doing it beacuse there's an underlining problem. I bet she's pregnant with someone's kid.
>>
Just replace her, she's not unique, you can find lots of girls like her out there.

Do NOT fall to the marriage meme, if she is so comfortable getting fat while you guys haven't married, imagine what she will do, when you guys do so.
>>
>>18310258
Holy shot op don't listen to this retard your only going to make her fatter following this advice.
>>
>>18310258
If fat wasn't our main fuel source why the fuck do we store it?
>>
>>18310169
i was in the exact same situation 2 months ago.
at that point i hadnt had sex with her in a year. or i did 1 time, but i hated every moment of it. i was not attracted to her anymore and it felt more as if she was my sister or something.
she was actually the one who broke up with me, and im so happy she did. i couldnt do it myself.
but honestly. you will never be able to change her back. women are idiots when it comes to losing weight. always looking for a quick fix with some special diet, while they eat candy like crazy.
i dont know how old she is, but if shes in her early-mid twenties, then its all lost.
all girls eat shitty foods, but when they hit 18-22-25 around that, they will be punished for not eating right.
if you dont want to break up with her, then just work on distancing yourself from her. thats what i did until it was over. but honestly. it never really hurts for a woman when they are dumped. they just feel sorry for themselves and then they move on. every girl is cold deep inside.

if shes dieting then just do intermittened fasting. eat 1 or 2 meals within 2-6 hours each day and count the kcals. its the simplest way to keep strict control of it.
>>
>>18310258
This is dumb diet advice.
Intermittent Fasting is the best way to lose way hands down.
You can not gain weight eating only 4 hours a day.
>>18310251
Dumb advice. She will just counter argue that she isn't that fat and doesn't experience any health problems right now.
>>18310206
This.
Shoot straight son. Tell her she has gain weight and you are less attracted to her.
I danced around this issue for a year with my gf until I said lose weight or lose me.
It fucking worked.

AS ALL POSTERS SAID YOU CAN NOT BE FAT EITHER
>>
File: CtMOGITUkAUeDe4.jpg (117KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
CtMOGITUkAUeDe4.jpg
117KB, 1024x768px
You need an escape plan.

Your plan needs to account for her (very likely) attempting to hurt your (very badly) as punishment for leaving.

Women with a shred of discipline will wait until they've already tricked their man into marriage, THEN they turn into lardasses. If she's doing it already then post-wedding she will probably turn into that 500lb youtuber demanding taxpayers cover his medical expenses.
>>
>>18310849
Because fat is easier to store than carbs you dipshit. Ever had 1 lesson of Biology? We store carbs in the form of glycogen in the liver and muscles. Fat is easier to store, since you can do that virtually everywhere. Just because it's easier to store, doesn't mean it's our main fuel source. Our main source is carbs, when you exercise the glycogen in your muscles are used up. If you don't get enough oxygen in while the carbs are being burned, you get a build up of lactic acid, that burning sensation. It is the reason athletes eat huge plates of spaghetti before and after. Fat has to be converted to be able to be used for energy, while carbs can immediately be used. The body chooses the easiest route, so will choose to burn carbs first.
>>
>>18310169
>>18310169
Tell her her titties are gonna look like a saggy pile of shit glued to a wall pretty soon and they'll never go back to normal even if she loses weight which she probably won't

If that doesn't scare her than there's no helping her. Some people just find it too easy to give up.
>>
>>18310258
Yeah, it's pretty easy. But you're a quack, please to fuck off.
>>
>>18310889
>Ever had 1 lesson of Biology?
Yep, too bad you apparently stopped in the first one
>>
>>18310169
>and now she wants to get married
If she's putting on weight now just imagine how much she'll let herself go once your tethered to her.
>>
>>18310258
I'm triggered
>>
>fat whale thinks she is marriage material even though she can't see her feet anymore.
Loving every laugh. Watch her tell you that you don't love her anymore for calling her out on her shit.
>>
Hey I've had a few long term relationships and once they move in they all gained weight. At first I was like hurr women can't maintain their weight once they are in a relationship because they are women amirite guys? Then I started to look to the major causes.

Lifestyle changes. Previously we worked our asses off to make time to hang out and mainly drink and fuck. We'd consume calories in the form of alcohol sure, but over a weekend a few thousand calories results in being lean and ripped especially combined with being awake and fucking for about 40 hours. We did things like go swimming and cycling together. We were both ignoring food because we were in love/lust and we were running on endorphins. When we were apart we'd eat like we usually eat, her like crap, but intermittently because lol young women have weird relationships with food, me like normal because I'm a practical guy who doesn't have a complex relationship with food.

When we moved in together suddenly we've both got more money. Suddenly the house is stocked with food and instead of eating when we feel the need to eat we start to have regular meal times together. This results in her eating more frequently than she did before, but she still had bad habits in regards to snacking on the go and binging on crap, but now these are additional calories not the only calories. We split the food bills and she doesn't want to eat less than me because that wouldn't be fair and we tend to portion food equally, but she is two foot shorter than me and weighs about 80lb less. She also isn't as active at work and around the house. Our dates start to look more like netflix and chill with a bottle of wine instead of swimming and cycling and as the endorphins taper off you start to focus more on food.

So yeah, good luck plating up dinner and seeing her face when you get about 30-40% more food on your plate, especially when you are cutting up a cake or packages are portioned for two. Or you split a bottle of wine equally.
>>
>>18311125
Also studies have shown we tend to eat more in a group, we tend to finish what is on our plates even once we are full, we tend to eat more in the presence of people who eat more because we assume it is ok and maybe genetically we are greedy and competitive and demand our fair share to ensure survival within a group.

So you move in together and her basic metabolic rate calls for 1,200kcal and yours 3,00kcal. That for me is the primary reason why I feel most women start to gain weight in relationships, It'd piss me off too to have to split the bills and the cooking and the cleaning and get to see my partner eat 70% of the shit while having to feel like I'm restricting myself at every meal time.

My current gf used to exist on black coffee, cigarettes and red wine. When we moved in together she gained weight. Prior to that she didn't even own any cookware, she'd eat infrequently and on the go. Suddenly she gets three square meals a day and within 18 months goes from a size 8 to a size 12 and she is miserable about it. Except now she has far more disposable income and thus access to even more wine.
>>
>>18310212
This, if you marry her, you deserve it and should return your balls.
>>
Tell her she got fat and deal with the fallout
>>
>>18310169
I've dated a lot of fat gotls. Remember this: She will lose/try to lose the weight, but only after you're gone. That's it.
>>
>>18310169
The best way to lose weight is to count calories and excercize. For a lot of people doing the 'couch to 5k' routine (google it) works well.

As far as she herself goes, you need to be upfront. If she isn't willing to understand, listen, and work with you on the issue, then she isn't worth staying with anyway.
>>
>>18311132
I hate it when they go "buhu I'm so fat no cute clothes fit me anymore". Instead of self pitying maybe count your calories you fucking bitch. Makes my mouth foam.
>>
>>18311635
OOOOOH THAT IS SO TRUE
>>
Tell her that she gained weight, ask her why and if you can help her. Don't accept apologies and when she starts bitching or goes ww3 on you tell her you don't wanna marry someone who doesn't wanna talk about problems because the relationship is already fucked and a marriage won't fix things.
>>
>>18310169
>She will lose/try to lose the weight, but only after you're gone
yepp, if she/they were motivated to lose weight they would have done it without an external factor. they need intrinsic motivation to be able to lose weight.

all that "i ll lose weight for you blabla" will never happen.
>>
>>18311026
>Yeah, it's pretty easy. But you're a quack, please to fuck off.
uhm I eat this way and I'm nice and thin. I don't even have to try.

It's so damn easy to lose weight. And I do cheat sometimes, but as long as the vast majority of my meals have almost no fat in them, I'm golden.
>>
File: 1478016620485.jpg (122KB, 676x747px) Image search: [Google]
1478016620485.jpg
122KB, 676x747px
It's over, let her go.
>>
>>18310845
Yeah OP, she isn't fat she's pregnant
>>
Fuck fat women. Get a grip and stop eating like a pig. Disgusting
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.