[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

apprenticeship decision

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: trump-apprentice.jpg (58KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
trump-apprentice.jpg
58KB, 1920x1080px
So i was accepted into two apprenticeships as a programmer and now i have to decide between:

#1 Deutsche Telekom AG
-mostly HTML, PHP, Javascript, Oracle SQL
-cubicle workspace environment
-pay is definitely good enough to save up a bit (to maybe get a degree afterwards)
-chances to get a job offered afterwards are higher (at least what they tell)

#2 Olympus Soft Imaging Solutions GmbH
-mostly C++, C#
-sit with 2 professionals in one office and switch office once in a while
-pay is about 100€ less
-offer job for 6 months after apprenticeship to find out if they want me there longer

The school part would be in the same school eiter way.
I'll be called on monday to tell them my decision, but am struggling to decide.
So anons, any advice?
>>
>>18309837
What do you want to create after you finish school? That should help speed up your decision.

I want to do embedded systems, so the #2 option would be my choice, if you want to do more of a webdevelopment or datahandling kind of thing the #1 would be your pick.
>>
>>18309875
I think that i'm more interested in writing dedicated applications or system software over web development.

The thing is my goal is to do an apprenticeship, then work about two years and then study CS.

Option #1 would make it easier to reach that goal. Although i'd have to do 5 years of the less interesting work.
Option #2 would make it harder to save for studying afterwards. But the work would be more interesting and maybe those experiences would make more sense if i want to work in that field after studying anyways.

I'm 21 already, so i dont want to start studying too late, or it might not happen at all.
>>
>>18309976
Aren't there some form of student loans in Germany? Money can be made back and student loans don't weight heavily on credit loss in most of western europe. As for internships always go with what you're in the programming world for, not something you're half-interested in
>>
>>18309976
>5 years
What the fuck? Why is it so long?
>>
German here. You can definitely count on getting a job with the Telekom; nowadays they're grateful for anyone who can manage the IT stuff since most German universities are loaded with economic folks.

As for studying; in Germany people can study dually, you can ask the Telekom if that'd be an option. Usually companies have no problem with that under the condition that you work for them afterwards; benefits to dual studying next to the additional work experience is that many employers give financial aid (usually they pay for all necessary books, sometimes they even give extra money for your own apartment in case you have to move somewhere etc etc).
>>
>>18310089
>dual studying
Not OP, but this has always sounded like hell to me. You probably have zero free time if you do this.
>>
>>18310078
The apprenticeship is 3/2.5 years long + 2 years of working in that field before starting to study

>>18310089
Yes, they offer dual studying if you were working 2 years for them and were good at it. But then i would be bound to the less interesting field for even longer.

>>18310091
I share your opinion. I would rather save up for it and even consider a 4% student loan than reducing my free time to effectively 52 sundays a year.
>>
>>18310091

It is stressful, but if you carefully select the company to do it at you can hit a real jackpot because some companies will want to keep you and want to train you for a specific job; and if you study things like International Business and the job offer mentions, quote: "must be willing to take over a position of great responsibility in the future" and "high wage for early financially independence" you can be sure to get into well-paid management straight away.

Personally I know of one success story; guy studied International Business dually, and in his early 30's owned 2 horse stables (one in the UK, one in Germany) for his polo horses. He also had European parliament members among his Facebook friends. And he didn't even work for a fucking global player - he studied at a big butcher's store chain which had just started expanding business to the UK back then and they needed someone to handle it. Fucking awesome (hence why I intend to study IB dually too, unless Brexit doesn't ruin Oxford for me, but I still got time until next year to watch the situation in the UK).
>>
>>18310130
financial indepedence* jfieowgnirw. Too tired.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.