[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding open-minded motivated people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: serveimage.jpg (50KB, 609x541px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
50KB, 609x541px
I figured out what I want to do with my life and generally, answers to most of the choice-related questions that comprise the majority of this board.
I am okay with being alone, but sometimes I feel like there would be a huge boost in overall happiness if I had anyone to share my ideas and insights with and they would share theirs. Some sort of implicit mutual motivation.
I've tried talking to people around me about this, but without exception, they either have one very simple mindless hobby or spend their time getting hyped about getting wasted the next friday (yep, university).

I would love to have someone to do not-that-stupid shit with, like experimenting with polyphasic sleep, different diets, talking about books about philosophy, math, neuroscience and stuff. Basically going beyond normie lifestyle.

Where do I find people who have their shit together and are working towards something? Something like link related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISXHVrJs11E

In my opinion, wolf pack sounds a bit corny, but it has a nice ring to it anyway.
>>
4chan is obviously not the place where the hot shots are but had to give it a shot...
>>
>>18309818
>what are friends
>>
>>18309906
for me, people that give a shit about my existence
>>
>>18309911
I'll blame your autism for this one
The people you describe are called "friends"
>>
Go to /soc/ and create a nerd meetup thread, idk.
>>
I feel you OP. I have so many things I want to do and talk about like getting fit, investing, starting a business, learning a skill, or just generally trying to do something better with myself.

But everyone around me is content to spend their life doing nothing but drinking, smoking, playing vidya, and netflix. Worst of which is probably my gf, who I think drags me down the most.

Im still working on these things, but its still much slower than if I didnt have to expend so much energy just trying to keep any motivation while in a vacuum of it
>>
>>18309913
I do have some friends, but they can't talk about anything more serious or are chasing their own tails and have no idea about what to do with their life. It is frustrating to be around them, because I cannot talk about my goals or stuff and when I do, I end up being the strange one and the conversation fades. It is pleasant to kill time around them but in the end, that is everything we can do together.
>>
>>18309941
Sounds like you need stoner friends, they'll talk about anything
>>
>>18309920
>>18309936
From my first visit I got the impression /soc = dickpics but yeah, I will start a thread there
>>
>>18309948
got those too, they are ok, but I want more than talk, like meeting at 4 in the morning every day to give getting up early a try or something, because it would take more willpower to try that by myself
>>
>>18309951
after looking at average posters at /soc I got the feeling I actually might not start a thread there
>>
>>18309957
If you want to do all that i suggest the army. Guard duty is boring as hell so might as well have someone like you to talk with.
>wake up early
>get fit as hell
>play with guns
>become disciplined
>qties dig soldiers
the downside is getting shot though
>>
>>18309957
How about visiting a looney bin? There's gotta be someone you can bond with to try weird shit together there.
>>
>Where do I find people who have their shit together and are working towards something?

People who have their shit together are too busy working towards success to have time to play pretend with you.

The only people who have time for
>experimenting with polyphasic sleep, different diets, talking about books about philosophy, math, neuroscience and stuff

are losers like you with no life/job/goals
>>
>>18309962
I hate the army, hate the guns and taking orders. But it would be nice if I were in a group with a battalion attitude, like they are fighting for something.
Hell, best would be having more of them fighting eachother with their results. Sounds fun.
>>
File: ifp.jpg (13KB, 350x271px) Image search: [Google]
ifp.jpg
13KB, 350x271px
>>18309818
> I would love to have someone to do not-that-stupid shit with, like experimenting with polyphasic sleep, different diets

So you want to take someone out to dinner and then sleep with them?

Send me your email. I'll reply with an application to join the fucking club.
>>
>>18309966
Tried that, it's called a hackerspace. Strange people, good conversations

>>18309978
I got life/job/goals, I just want more, not just being busy. And I believe there are people with the same mindset, I just haven't found them yet.
>>
>>18309984
I'm gonna use that as a sarcastic pickup line someday
>>
Fakit, I'm gonna start my own group.
>>
ah yeh. This is my first time on 4ch in 3 years, but I reckon your description hits me pretty well. Do you have an email addy?

I work in advisory full time, been testing keto for cognitive/wakefulness effect. Read a bit, lift a bit, try to practice selling every week. Stuff like that.
>>
>>18310101
Great!

[email protected]
>>
>>18310114
This email didn't work. I sent to ho-o@pro**
>>
>>18310164
ohh sry, the first symbol is zero, not big O
should have thought about that when making that mail...
>>
>>18309818
>experimenting with polyphasic sleep, different diets, talking about books about philosophy, math, neuroscience and stuff.
This is what normal people do. Get out of your bubble more often, nigga.

>Where do I find people who have their shit together and are working towards something?
At work or during one of your social hobbies. You can try finding them on 4chains and the likes but it's a huge shot in the dark.

>>18309948
The problem with most stoners is that they talk a lot, they don't do much thinking.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.