[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Deal with a girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: pic.jpg (32KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
32KB, 400x500px
I've liked a girl for the last 2 years and I never did anything to hide that. I wasn't bothered other people knew. She knew too and never took advantage of that. We were not what I would define friends: we never hang out together, the rare times we saw each other outside of school was at the few birthday party I went and a couple of times at her place to review math.
At the beginning of the last year of high school (1.5 year ago aprox) she told me bluntly that she ws sorry but she did not like me in that way. Then high school ended and I thought I was totally over her. In the last 10 month I have seen her 4 or 5 times. Last one was an hour ago: she had to give me back some stuff I lent her and we talked for a couple of minutes right in front of my house. Turns out I'm not over her.
I'm not a social person, I sometimes don't get irony, I have no idea how to interpret body language, I never take the initiative. I'm a "loser", I guess: never had a gf, never kissed, little to no friends, I don't know how to deal with people, I think I'm socially akward. To put in perspective, right now I'm thinking "why the fuck am I bothering these people on 4chan with this wall of text?".
All this to say I really don't have the slightest idea of what to do. Apparently getting over her is not a possibility. I might ask her out, or even if she wants me to go running with her, but I don't know if i (socially) can do that or it that would make me some sort of cringey creep. What I'm more scared of is not rejection per se, but that she might tell others (who actually are people probabbly I'll never see again in my life, but still) "ew, look what he did" or stuff like that, I don't really know. Even if she said yes, then I wouldn't know what to do next.
Any kind of advice about how to deal with the situation or how to get over her is appreciated.
Pic not related.
>>
>>18309171

You don't just get over something, someone, anything like that, just by waiting for it to be over. Get out, enjoy yourself, meet more people. You get over a girl by meeting other girls. It really is that simple.
>>
>>18309171
>Apparently getting over her is not a possibility
Wrong. You said it right there in your post. You don't have fuck all going on in your life. It's hard to move past things when you have nothing else going on in your life. Try not being a loser, try going out and doing shit, then you might have things to focus on that aren't your oneitis. Moving on is only hard when all you do is sit on 4chan and play vidya all day
>>
Do not ask her out. Try to be her friend. Some people actually appreciate that, you know?

(Also, dude. Stop thinking so much. I mean, some people may judge you, but if they do, well, fuck them, you know? Maybe they don't deserve to be your friends?)
>>
>>18309216
Non-OP here, but have a very familiar story.
But I need some people in life. Even if they aren't what I'd describe as friends, they are people that play a part in my everyday life. I know it sounds silly, but I must get real interaction somewhere. Meeting new people isn't easy for me.
>>
Leave her alone and move on with your life. You will gain absolutely nothing by continuing to pine for her and orbit around her.

She isn't interested in you. SHE NEVER WILL BE.

Have some fucking dignity and self-awareness, jesus christ
>>
>>18309256
But here's the thing. If they're not your friends, then they're partners, co-workers, or, idk, occasionally, total psychos that you kind of want out of your life only they're not going anywhere... Anyway. That doesn't mean you have to be great to them. You can be friendly, but, still keep your distance -- mostly because, hey, we don't want to get hurt and whatnot.

But seriously. With the amount of people on Earth, it's almost impossible that you can't find a friend. So that's my advice to you: keep trying, try to fix the way things go wrong in your interactions with other people. It's really not that hard, all you have to do is think less, act more, and if it doesn't work, well, if didn't. But still, there are millions of people out there to try it on :)
>>
>>18309313
I guess. I'm just subconsciouslly waiting to meet someone like myself, perhaps a girl. I sometimes feel like I've stumbled onto her, a slightly shy, socially awkward girl, who's into same subcultures as myself. At those times I start thinking again. And I stop again. The cycle repeats to infinite. Even if we would be attracted to each other, we would never confront each other, since our common traits prevent both of us to take the inniative. So, start looking for someone different from me, to fill the ying to my yang?
>>
>>18309334
But you see, the great thing about meeting new people is that you don't really KNOW a lot about them -- at least not at first sight, you don't -- so if they turn out to be complete arseholes, you get to move on, and no one gets hurt. And that's the beauty of it. That's why you don't really need to overthink everything you do. Because you don't yet know them.

You know, even if you don't trust yourself... pretend you do, for a while? :)
>>
>>18309365
Hey, I guess that might work.
You're alright Anon, simplifying the social world view might just work, because I do find myself complicating too much. Thanks, and take care
>>
OP here

>>18309190 >>18309209
I know that, but to me going out and meeting people is not that easy. Eh, I guess in the end I'll have to work on that.

>>18309216
I don't want to be her friend. I understand what you're saying, really, but if I try to be "her friend"and nothing more I know I'll become an orbiter. (Some people start judging me, then some more, then some more and then I become "that guy".)

>>18309276
I'm not her orbiter and I've never been. I have never ditched my friends for her and I have never done for her something I would have not done for anyone else. I might be a beta, but I'm not an orbiter.
>>
>>18309389
>gets rejected by girl
>"maybe I'll ask her out again!"

dangerously close to orbiting imo
>>
>>18309460
Using a broader definition of orbiter you have a point. I hoped she could change her mind somehow but I realize is kind of impossible. I must face the truth.
I guess I'll have to work on my social skills.
>>
Yo OP, not sure if you've abandoned thread yet.

You honestly described my high school self to a fucking T. Except I was even deeper. There was this girl I fell deeply in love with around grade 6 or 7 and that only got worse and worse over the course of high school. Well, except she was one of my closeish friends too, but I only usually saw her in a group with our other friends. She knew I liked her, I guess everyone kind of knew, but I don't think anyone realised how goddamn obsessed I was. I was so certain it was never going away.

Some events happened around grade 10 that really messed me up. She told me that she took 10 Tylenol or something in an attempt to commit suicide the night before because she felt unloved. I was the only person she told. Of course, this broke my heart and my mind a bit, I fell so deeply for her, and she knew it, but I knew she didn't see me like that.

OP, my point here is that I was you back in high school, except I had it even worse.

We drifted during grade 11 and 12, and I became depressed as fuck. Right before I graduated high school, I read on her tumblr all about how she sucked some guy's dick on a first date. She was so pure before this, and this just made me so goddamn jealous and pissed. I finally asked her to dance at prom and then never talked to her again. Heard her walking out from prom talking to her friends about how dumb of a song it was to slow dance to. First year of university was my best year ever, and it's only gotten better since.

Too long; didn't fucking read: I had the exact same shit as you man, except way worse, and my only regret was not moving on sooner. Cut and run bro, you can't be friends with her. It's not fucking healthy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.