[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to ever get over residual childhood trauma? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Is it possible to ever get over residual childhood trauma? I'm 20 and i live a fairly good, balanced life (i go to university, have ambitions, a social life etc) however i've always struggled with dealing with aspects of my own emotions (mostly guilt/doubt, stress and self-image) as a result of a lifetime of depression and anxiety related to a rough life from an early age. My self-esteem is up and down and I feel like it effects my relationships with others because of the way i react to certain things, despite trying my best to be a chill dude. I find it hard to leave behind me and i feel like i can't even begin to open the conversation with my SO, friends or housemates because its a heavy subject and i'm terrified that they'll see me differently.

How fugged am i?
>>
http://www.thetappingsolution.com/what-is-eft-tapping/
>>
>>18308954
this looks like something that would be recommended to me on daytime television desu
>>
>a rough life from an early age
share a bit about it
>>
File: animu metal opera.png (761KB, 697x960px) Image search: [Google]
animu metal opera.png
761KB, 697x960px
BUMP
>>
>>18308965
I don't want to get too detailed for personal reasons but i'll share some stuff that i remember stuck with me
>only child w/ with single mum
>suspected she and her partner at the time were using drugs
>Correct.jpeg
>when i was around 10 police raided our house searching for what i layer discovered was Ice
>had to watch her try and make my school lunch in handcuffs
>homelessness/poverty there after
>when i visited my father his partners kids beat me up and psychologically fucked with me
>developed severe depression at age 12
>a few years after in high school my best friend committed suicide

shit only started getting better during late high school but i still had/have rocky relationships with my parents
>>
>>18308984
Thing is i feel better about not turning out retarded because of this stuff, but i also feel pathetic for dwelling on shit that happened years ago.

I'm not sure if i'm trying too hard to suppress all the emotions/stress attached to these events or not, even up to the point that its messing with me and causing issues
>>
>>18308920

You should be able to trust your partner and good friends with some of the deeper stuff, particularly your SO.

Housemates aren't as important unless they're acting in a way that is causing you some serious problems.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.