[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much money should i have at 19? Lately ive been noticing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: kill.jpg (69KB, 495x461px) Image search: [Google]
kill.jpg
69KB, 495x461px
How much money should i have at 19?

Lately ive been noticing that my friends all seem to have a decently sized bank account. I never really ever have over $1000. I live with my mom and she doesnt make me pay rent. Only things i pay for are my car insurance, gas, and food when i eat out. I just feel bad thinking i should have a few thousand saved up. I dont think that i spend a lot of money but i also dont work very much so i dont have a large income either. Should i have more money?
>>
>>18308700
>Should i have more money?
Nah you should just keep living with your mom forever.
What kind of stupid question is this even?
>>
>>18308715
i just feel insecure about it i guess. i just feel unprepared for my future i guess. but ive been okay not being rich so far so i guess its not a huge deal yet
>>
>>18308700
>>>18308715
>not being rich
Please stop, rich you say.

If I where you I would start saving up some money and work harder, you never know what financially is going to hit you... But that's just my opinion
>>
>>18308700
M8, I would save 90% of your income for about 5 years, even if your working at a burger joint. Income wise that will put you ahead of about 75% of the population.

Most people spend all their pay when they get it. Save as much as you can.

Although I've got investments, if I saved all my income I would definitely had have about 50k in spare cash now (although I only have 2k.
>>
i had 35k but thats because i got an annuity for 30k and i saved like 5k or someshit from a job i had throughout high school
>>
Set a minimum deposit each week. And within a year the savings will grow. It defiant have to be huge . Just consistent . You can afford to lose much more money each week that you tbink. You will just adapt to a tighter budget
>>
Consider that are a lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck and don't have much in savings. Living with parents is pretty sucky but the reality is A LOT of people our age are in the same situation. Most people I know who aren't from rich families or taking out big loans are still at their parents, working or going to community college.
Luckily for you, you're living rent-free and you're safe with no debts or anything. Consider looking for at least a part time job to ease into working. Open a savings, put money into it, and even offer your mother help paying the bills. Show her you appreciate her.

We're ALL dealing with shit of some kind. Don't worry too much about other people. Focus on you and your family. But it's good you're noticing this now. Take advantage of your situation and start bringing in money.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.