[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most cost effective way to get a degree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0833.jpg (299KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0833.jpg
299KB, 2000x1000px
I could use some /adv/ice. I'm a college dropout, and after four years of being out I want to go back and get my degree. It's not what you think, I have a very good job but it always haunts me that I never finished university, plus a degree will allow me to compete later on for higher positions within the corporation. Here's the problem, I checked my schools tuition costs, and for an instate student tuition has almost doubled since I left. I'm talking 11,000$ a semester, so 22k a year not including books and other expenses. Assuming I'd have to start over, which I don't know if this'll be the case, it would cost me at minimum 90,000$ for a four year degree. So I'd graduate with almost 100k in student debt. That's assuming tuition doesn't continue to go up, which of course it will. What the fuck, how should I navigate this without taking on the such a ridiculous amount in debt. Like I said, this would help put me on a level playing field, but there also no guarantees. So at this point it seems like a huge risk that may have marginal or no rewards. Pls halp
>>
Until such time as I am no longer employed by this firm, I am to be referred to NEVER as "Hiring Manager" but only as "Captain Grizzly." All incoming employees and applicants are to be made aware of this and if I am ever referred to incorrectly, it will be their supervisors, and not them, who are held responsible.
>>
>>18308659
Complete your first two years at a local community college then transfer over and finish the remainder of your education at regular university. Search for scholarships also
>>
>>18308659
Professor writing here.

The simple answer to your questions is "Ask the university."

Generally, you wouldn't have to start all over. Unless the university has a time limit, the hours you have should count toward your new beginning, and the specific classes might meet requirements. This is where talking to the admissions office comes in.

Check if your employer has a plan for underwriting school costs. Many do, especially when it will increase your value to the company.

If you do have to catch up on introductory classes, take them at a cheaper CC, making sure first that they'll transfer.

Ask the uni about scholarships and grants. Some have programs specifically for older returning students like you.
>>
Have you thought about going to college in other countries? Might be slightly cheaper than going to school in US.

>Sponsorship
If you are first nation/native you will actually get paid to go to college

>Student aid
You could pay for 1st semester and if you do attend all the classes and do well they will see that you are taking it seriously. They usually cut the loan into a fraction in Canada, not sure about the US.
>>
>>18309283
>slightly cheaper
It's pretty much free in some countries in Europe.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.