[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghosting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 1

File: ffGGln3.jpg (18KB, 405x405px) Image search: [Google]
ffGGln3.jpg
18KB, 405x405px
Why are people such cowards that they don't have the balls to even drop a pathetic, short, no-other-explanation "im not interested anymore" or "im dating someone else' even if they arent seeing anyone? And that's that?

I think I'm being ghosted by someone who brought up the excuse 'they're busy' that's why they can't bother to even ask me for days if I'm even alive still. Instead I get bullshitted with politeness but no truth, they even say 'they like me' (last thing they wrote) yet days and weeks pass and nothing else from them - unless I write then they reply after HOURS at best.
I'm being ghosted, right?

I'm angry and disgusted, I've been waiting for days for a sign of interest wondering what I did wrong and what is going on. This uncertainty is cruel. I think I'm heartbroken.
>>
>>18308446
You'll get use to it eventually son lol
>>
>>18308446
because it's easier to.

if it makes you feel any better anon, i wouldn't ghost you
>>
>>18308446
Because people have egos and never want to own up to their fact that some of their desires might paint them as assholes and jerks if they were to vocalize them, so to protect themselves they go the passive route which skirts confrontation and curbs putting in real effort. You want things to change? Don't be like them and honestly end things even if it means being judged, and surround yourself with like minded individuals.
>>
>>18308449
I sure hope not with the type of ghosting that happens after you've started investing emotionally and financially and whatnot.

>>18308450
Thank you. Struggling to not flood that personw ith angsty cringe messages
>>
>>18308458
that's why you don't invest.

but if you do, only bits at a time.

to go balls to the wall and go all-in you're setting yourself up to get hurt

and instead of sperging out at them, simply ask if they've been busy lately
>>
>>18308467
They'll just say yes. Because nobody else can be as busy as them.

And if they eventually respond to the confrontation they'll probably claim they were the victims/the ghosted and that I was the one who lost interest in them because the last message was theirs.
>>
>>18308446
I feel you.

Pretty similar situation here. I'm being ghosted and if I dared to face this person I would get the the same pathetic 'I'm busy lately' reply.

Fuck them
>>
>>18308467
>Sperging out
This fucking meme. Is everyone so emotionally walled off, that they can't express opinions and feelings anymore without being mocked as dumb? In any relationship you invest time and feelings in you start to be impacted by them. There is no honor in choking back your own feelings all the time to not look like an idiot. There is a difference between irrational emotional outbursts for no prompted reason, and legitimate concerns that need to be brought to someone's attention.
>>
>>18308446

Nobody owes you their time or explanations. They're not interested and are unwilling to waste time or words on you. If you're too dense to take the hint, it's your problem, not theirs. A heart-to-heart might be in order had you been in a proper relationship, but judging by your post it never got anywhere near that. Just accept losses and move on. Whining about it won't change a thing.
>>
>>18308489
Proper relationship? So you don't own any decency or respect to tell someone you've been dating, making plans for the future, sleeping with, having trips with etc. (but then again, nothing 'official') that 'hey fucktard I'm ending it abruptly and giving no reason but just know this and despite everything don't wait on me like an autist and go on and kys I'm out'
Well, more shortened.

I guess it's too much to expect common sense from anyone, those closest to you hurt you the most anyway.

But yeah you're right, I'm just bitching at this point, had to vent out
>>
Nothing you can do about it. Girls pull that shit all the time. A girl will ghost you out of nowhere for no reason and without warning. The only thing you can do is remember that you probably did nothing wrong and there is nothing you could have said or done differently. She still would have ghosted you.
>>
>>18308489
You sound like a grade A bitch and the exact reason why guys are getting tired of your shit. You will try to project that it was the guy's fault that you ghosted him, when in fact it's just you being a cunt without even having the minimal decency to tell a guy that no, this isn't working.
>>
>>18308513

I'm not even a chick, just stating the facts. Being all sad and heartbroken won't change that people sometimes lose interest for "no reason" and want nothing to do with their hook ups anymore. It happens, so better to grow the fuck up and stop wallowing in it.
>>
>>18308489
Oh cmon, how much time does it take to give a direct reply?
>>
>>18308489
Ghoster spotted

Is it so below you to text a 'Fuck off' instead of leaving it to the other person to take a hint?
>>
>>18308528
>facts
You are going off like an angry woman. Not very guy-like of you.
>>
>>18308504
I had this same exact thing happen to me not long ago. Everything was peachy, we had spent great times together, enjoyed each others' company, had great sex, and the like. Then out of nowhere she ghosts me. No replies to anything. I know she is still doing fine because she keeps updating her Instagram.

Ghosters and their defenders are the worst.
>>
>>18308489
This.

If we aren't close and we aren't dating or anything, what should I do? Break a relationship we don't have? If we haven't stated interest for each other, should I state disinterest? Why?

It just sounds like a lot of you invest way too much and way too early in a relationship.
>>
>>18308610
Your post was retarded, stop samefagging it.
>>
>>18308641
Nope, another person. He's right.

I ghosted people, and I've been ghosted (even by my current boyfriend, lol) and it's not such a tragedy.
>>
>>18308642
One day you will be ghosted and then realize what a dumb cunt you have been.
>>
>>18308642
>current bf
He wasn't. He was just using you for sex.
>>
>>18308644
I said I have already been ghosted, multiple times.
It is unpleasant, but it doesn't really fucking matter. I felt sad for a day or two and then moved on with my life.
>>
>>18308645
He asked me to marry him a month ago, after 5 years of dating.
>>
>>18308651
And ghosted you after? And after a day you think okay whatever. No wonder you think like that, you are the most superficial and dumb poster I have seen today.
>>
>>18308653
Lol, no.
He ghosted me when we had been dating for a month. He wasn't ready for a relationship.
After 6 months we met again, he apologised and we started dating again. That was 5 years ago.
>>
>>18308657
And when he ghosts you just before the wedding that's totally cool and you will be looking for a bf the next day, right?
>>
Honestly, when you ghost a person you just don't want to talk let alone explain your reasoning
You just don't care
>>
>>18308669
No. But we have a proper relationship now, we have invested 5 years into each other, we own a house together, we have plans for the future.
When you ghost someone, it's really someone you don't give a shit about. If you get really hurt by someone ghosting you, it is because you invested in the relationship disproportionately.
>>
I am stupid and have ghosted a girl for no reason
But writing back after 6 months is super stupid
Im sorry its just my autism, nothing personal
>>
>>18308677
Then you need to work on your reading comprehension. Yea, people bitch about ghosting because it's rude. But everyone knows if it was just a date or two then no big deal. The posts in this thread are mostly about already having been in a longer and more serious relationship. And you're poking fun at those.

If you are not totally cool with your bf ghosting you the day before your wedding you're a hypocrite.
>>
>>18308691
The guy in the post I agreed with said that for a proper relationship than an heartfelt discussion would be appropriate, but ghosting is totally fine otherwise.
I agreed with him, and insisted that in the early steps of a relationship I think it's okay to ghost, and if it is so painful for them to be ghosted after a couple of dates they are investing way too much too early.
>>
>>18308446
It's absolutely horrible. This girl and I liked each other, so we started texting until she was ready to be in a relationship. One and a half years later of investing it all into each other, we went on our first "official" date. Thought it went great, turns out she thought we couldn't work throughout it. She stopped talking to me for three months after the date without telling me anything until those three months passed, and it put me through so much hell. I'm a loner, so she was all I had and it broke me for a long time. Ghosting is cruel, and damn anyone who does it.
>>
>>18308696
You're deliberately avoiding the issue, which is ghosting once you are in a relationship and have been for a while.

I really hope your husband-to-be ghosts you. That will teach you a lesson in life.
>>
>>18308706
I never said that ghosting while in a relationship is fine. I don't think it is.

I think that when you have no obligation towards each other it is fine to ghost, otherwise it is rude.
I don't know what is so hard to understand.
>>
>>18308446
Not reading this thread but you sound like I used to be. If he says he's busy, ask him/her what are you doing? If he doesn't tell you let him/her off the hook. Give your partner a chance, mabye they just are really busy - surely you have more things to worry about than your relationship?

Also if you are pissed off at your partner, TELL them. THEY ARE NOT MIND READERS.
>>
>>18308707
Ghosting is rude no matter what. But when it's after one date everyone understands and moves on. Girls are very flaky and unreliable, and guys have learned to try not to apply logic to them.
>>
>>18308710
I've been ghosted by guys many times.
It's not "girls". Sometimes when you're not emotionally close and invested in someone, you don't break up with them.

Actually you should reflect if a girl ghosts you, and try to apply logic. No one dumps you just because.
>>
>>18308726
>No one dumps you just because

Oh, you sweet summer child.
>>
>>18308738
Pinky promise.
If you were perfect and amazing you wouldn't get dumped.
>>
>>18308489
This isn't the real situation. No one thinks that their words and time are so fucking precious that they cannot be wasted on the unworthy. People will say thanks and bye to a cashier they think is dirt, let alone someone they went on dates with.

It's because people don't handle rejecting others that much better than rejection itself. So they put it off because they feel terrible trying to think of which phrasing is the least hurtful, and then they feel even worse because now they are both going to reject that person AND be late about it, so they try to wipe their memories and forget they were supposed to get back to you to begin with.

It's shitty, yes.
>>
>>18308710
People can be genuinely busy. I'd give a rule of 3 times guy or girl and if they can't reschedule then move on. You don't own your partner.
>>
>>18308710
Personal experience or what you read in forums/e-books?
>>
>>18308750
If you don't think girls are flaky and unreliable, you are either a girl or a guy who has never been on a date.
>>
>>18308754
If you think guys are above ghosting, mindgames and flaking, you have never attempted to date men.

What exactly do you think "pumping and dumping" is other than leading the girl on long enough to fuck her?
>>
>>18308766
Of course guys ghost, and there are reliable girls. Girls are just much more prone to ghosting. Based on my dating experiences, the girls who are flaky vs the reliable ones are a ratio of maybe 3 to 1 or so.
>>
>>18308754
A ton of guys tried to manipulate me into fucking them. A lot of my friends have been "pumped and dumped" by guys who had been leading them on for weeks. A lot of my friends have been harassed because they rejected a guy, or stalked by a past lover.
It is not like guys are amazing and girls are horrible. You just never tried dating guys.
>>
>>18308772
>my dating experiences
So that's all kinds of different girls and a sample size of one man?

Men do the exact same shit, the smoother they are the more careless they are with communication. It's just being young and probably in part the Zeitgeist and the ease/impersonal aspect of dating apps that encourages everyone to be flighty.
>>
Mirror neurons- look it up.

If you constantly think you partners gonna cheat, they probably will.
Same with ghosting too.
>>
>>18308783
Hence the "I ghost all the time and get ghosted all the time" posters.
>>
If you try to understand women's actions through logic, you are naive, verily so.
Women do not follow logical, objective and linear behavior, this is what MALES do, women follow emotions and impulse and that's why you should never try to rationalize why women say x and do y through logic.

To answer your question, (most) women won't tell you straight up that they do not want to be with you anymore and would rather ghost you because:
**1**_This leaves you in a confused mental state, which is a powerful tool to keep you attracted and thinking about them (Yeah, women want to keep you hooked even when they don't want anything with you anymore);
2_They can go back to you if something better doesn't come along;
3_They might be thinking that you'll catch the clue and leave them alone (Women don't act NOR talk objectively, only men do).

Whatever it is, you should stop thinking about this person right now and focus on flirting with other women.
Listen carefully to this advice, it's some of the best you'll ever get in your LIFE:
>Do not get attached to anyone that gives you attention, do not get attached easily and better yet, do not get attached AT ALL.
Getting easily attached reeks of desperation and will drive (quality) women off.
>Never believe in words, only in actions.
This applies to both males and females but is particularly true when it comes to women. Be always skeptic of what they say and their mind games, do not let them bullshit you. Eventually you'll develop a sixth sense for female bullshit.
>If you are sentimental, romantic and overly emotional, STOP RIGHT NOW and slap yourself in the face.
These are characteristics of women and lesser males. To own yourself, your life and the women around you, become an emotional wall, develop confidence in yourself and indifference.
Women will be ALWAYS testing you and trying to find out how you react emotionally to their actions, be always calm and serene in your eyes, but firm in your tone of voice. Never lose control.
>>
>>18308829
>Women do not follow logical, objective and linear behavior, this is what MALES do

Yeah sure, let's bracket for a moment that men are involved in all forms of crime more than women, are addicted more often, psychotic more often, kill themselves more often and are the operating force behind all the countless home videos in which retards try to launch jeeps into pools.

Keep telling yourself that your mind is pure and rational, though.
>>
>>18308648
It just goes to say how much you cared about that person (as much as they did about you). These sound more like hook ups than relationships
>>
>>18308840
They were people I recently met and had dated for a while (less than a month). Never had sex with them, I don't do hook ups.
And, yes, I didn't really give a shit. I just met them.
It doesn't seem like OP was married to this girl anyway.
>>
>explain why I'm not interested in talking
REE DUMB SLUT I WASN'T INTERESTED IN YOU ANYWAY
>ghost without saying anything
REE DUMB SLUT RESPOND

Ghosting wastes less of my time.
>>
>>18308852
Except when you ghost guys who you have been dating and getting serious with. You seriously don't understand the difference?
>>
>>18308772
I think girls are more prone to ghosting in the early stages of dating, like when you're still at texting or after the first date.

But the 'pumping and dumping' happens, by definition, after you're already invested in it at least with your body and that is by far worse than what girls tend to do.
I know I'm guilty of ghosting guys but I hardly think it bothers them so much when it happens before we even met or exchanged more than a few or more words.
>>
>>18308854
You see it as 'getting serious', but if she's ghosted you then obviously she doesn't see it in the same way. Take a hint.
>>
>>18308857
It does hurt some guys a lot but that has more to do with their own mental state than with you. You are just a symbol or concept they grew attached to because they are lonely. (Before they've gotten to know you, of course.)

Ghosting is against proper etiquette and I think it should be avoided if at all possible. But many of the guys who lament about how much it hurt them seem to attribute disproportionate weight to the ghosting itself and way too little to their own self-esteem, expectations, past experiences, loneliness and so on.
>>
>>18308858
>>18308859
Again, this is why guys get pissed at girls constantly ghosting.

>nuh uh it's all your fault!
>it's not my fault that I ghosted you after we had been dating for a month and had lots of sex!

Not even the slightest hint of remorse.
>>
>>18308854
I have very rarely heard of someone ghosting a boyfriend/girlfriend or someone they were committed to formally in any way.
It's mostly in initial stages of dating.
>>
>>18308858
You need to be ghosted hard to learn. What an insufferable cunt.
>>
>>18308861
Learn to read, my post and the post I responded to were specifically mentioning a scenario where you've only exchanged a couple of words.

Also as I mentioned I am against ghosting and have never left anyone hanging despite uncomfortable situations. That doesn't change that a healthy person who values himself and trusts that he can be attractive to women will more likely think "good riddance" if she can't be fucked to reply after three comments, than a guy with deep emotional scars.
>>
Femanon here it fits the thread so here it goes:

Dating a guy for a little over a month, I thought he ghosted me but now, after 4 days of no text, he wrote to me apologizing for the silence suggesting he's been on a break from something, or everything.

I caught feelings so I despaired these past few days and I was just recovering and cooling off emotionally. Especially since he hadn't been responding so much lately (same generic excuse that he's busy)

What do you suggest I do? Is the ghosting inevitable still? Should I answer him or let him wait a couple of days as well? Should I tear down this wall I've built emotionally?
>>
>>18308872
Just write him back saying it's fine. One bout of silence of 4 days is forgivable especially at an early stage. But don't get into the delay game yourself.
>>
>>18308872
Don't wait for a couple of days then reply. This sets both of you up for a form of emotional warfare that is not magically going to lead to a healthy, flourishing relationship where you both feel safe.

Either decide that you were hurt too much and explain that you already "packed up" mentally, no hard feelings. Or give it a shot and write back right away.

Personally I would mostly let it depend on how much you like this guy, how compatible you are, how rare it is for you to connect with someone. Be aware though that it's very well possible that he tried and failed with another girl and this is the cause of the silence. It's not necessary but a possibility you have to be able to live with if you want to proceed.
>>
>>18308874
That's what I'm afraid of. He's the type to go with the flow and not set any official boundaries to the relationship.

He did suggest before that I'm his only one, but back then he would answer almost instantly to my messages. Then they became more scarce and I felt like I was the clingy one so I tried to see if he would contact me on his own. Then those 4 days passed.

I don't want to appear so available either. I mean he could have warned me before hand that there may come a time of silence, that he may go off the grid. I don't understand and haven't asked yet what he could've done in the meantime that he didn't have a moment's worth to write 3 words to me, it's not like I don't have anything going throughoutt the day but no matter what happens, I find the time to let him know that I may be busy and hard to reply so that he doesn't worry.
And this is what upsets me, that he didn't care how I'd feel over this.
>>
>>18308883
Don't ask him what could've kept him so busy. You already know the answer: nothing, he just mentally did not want to respond. Because he was doubting whether he wanted to date you, because he was doubting whether he was ready to date, because there was another girl, because he felt like he needed space and should focus on himself and not potential others. Or yet another flavor. But the base line is that he didn't want to have it on his mind, not that he could not find three minutes to text you something.

Likewise for the reason why he did not warn you in advance. Yeah people tend to underestimate the level of investment of someone they personally find attractive. You probably seem to him like a girl with plenty of options. But he likely also did not endlessly care if you did lose interest, at least not in the state of mind he had back then.

You are still getting to know each other. It's not necessarily a big deal if in this stage your feelings aren't 100% comparable. That doesn't mean you can move past it or should, though. However if you actively start playing these games (and implicitly inviting him to respond in kind), you are choosing a sort of 50/50 of wanting his attention and wanting to have a connection but also wanting to punish him and wanting to build up yourself. That's understandable but as I said, it's not going to lead to a good relationship. Either you decide that you want him and you forgive him, or you decide that you cannot move past it. Not carrying on with him while resenting him this quickly already.
>>
>>18308489
While this is technically true, I really hate this kind of thinking. I don't owe anyone anything at all, even if we've been in a relationship for many years. I put in time and involvement because I care. But even if I have to turn someone down, I tell them I'm not interested. Yes it feels bad, because I don't like hurting people, but I feel like it's even worse if I just ignore them.
>>
>>18308893
Well shit, you're making a good point. I guess you're right.

I'm going to give this another try and see what happens. But I'm going to stay on the side of caution, take it slow and keep this in the back of my head, that he may do it again. At least I got a taste of it and know what to expect.

Thank you for your reply, will write back to him like nothing happened and maybe just ask if he's okay and that's all.
>>
>>18308446
Why are you such a coward that you don't have the balls to ask and find someone else if you don't like the answer?

>>18308489
This nigga gets it.

>>18308745
The cashier is someone providing you with a service. Some guy/gal crushing on you doesn't.
>>
>>18308895
No problem at all. That sounds very reasonable. Once you meet in person, if it still bothers you, there's no rule against bringing it up. Just don't ask for a clarification but rather focus on how it made you feel and that it did negatively affect your expectations. You will be able to tell from his response whether he does care about your feelings or not, and if he has a good head on his shoulders and had a change of heart he'll try to reassure and convince you. If he tries to shrug it off or give a half-hearted "yeah I can see what you mean" reply, that tells you all you have to know.

And there are other ways of emotionally keeping a bit more distance that don't immediately take their toll on what's happening between the two of you. Like more actively reminding yourself of the existence of other men and your options.

Good luck!!
>>
>>18308477
> Is everyone so emotionally walled off, that they can't express opinions and feelings anymore without being mocked as dumb?
Yes, yes they are. Trust me, I was frustrated and angry about that as you are. But then, when you just accept people for the emotionally retarded idiots that they are you get used to it. And eventually, you learn to deal with them and you know how to open yourself up, when to do it, and who to do it to. Unfortunately not everyone in this world has a pure heart, or at least the best intentions.
>>
>>18308489
I defend this mainly because this is how real life works. You can't hold someone else accountable for your feelings. If you guys break up, and you wanna talk about it months later and she either ignores you or tells you to fuck off, hey thems the breaks. It fucking sucks, yes, but part of being an emotionally, mentally, and socially well adjusted adult is learning how to roll with the punches.

The situation above is literally what happened to me and it will be my greatest emotional weakness until it isn't. There's no cure for pain besides time.

As far as random hoes/fuckboys go, if they ghost you why even bother giving a shit? They didn't like you as much as you liked them. Go find someone who's just as interested in sending digital sentences back in forth to you as you are to them.
>>
>>18308832
I didn't say that every individual male is smart. I also didn't say that men always make good decisions and above all, I didn't say that men are 100% rational and 0% emotional.

I won't elongate this subject or explain anything in detail right now because I'm lazy and you don't seem very bright to begin with.
>>
I ghosted people before ultimately its kind of difficult, because you feel guilty, but more easy than trying to reject. Just forget about it. It didn't work out.
>>
>>18308900
That you would attempt the passage of judgment on others while exhibiting such blatant cluelessness... truly ridiculous.
>>
>>18309050
>this is how real life works
That doesn't mean it's good, that's a logical fallacy. At the end of the day you are better off moving on but I would never defend somebody who does the "ghosting" thing no matter how long you've known them. They know how it makes the other person feel usually and they just don't care. I mean call me crazy for not finding turning someone down directly such a huge burden. It's almost like the reverse thing is happening; the people who do ghosting say that they "don't owe you anything" but by saying this they're in turn implying that the person they are ghosting owes it to them to "not be bitter", probably because that'd just make them feel worse. Just my two cents.
>>
>>18309262
Not him but you seem to be missing the point. Obviously the person ghosted doesn't owe anyone not to feel bitter and the likes but it's a selfmade problem for them. Accepting how social interaction can work and not investing too much energy on this crap is better for them. While being bitter about it and blaming others doesn't lead anywhere. The ghoster couldn't give a shit, otherwise they wouldn't do the ghosting.
>>
>>18308446
they think you will take a hint, youre crazy, or theyre an asshole.
>>
>>18309280
From experience a little ranting is not going to be the worst thing and can even be helpful as long as you do not pity yourself 24/7.

To be perfectly honest I'm getting this feeling of defensiveness from posts like this >>18308489. Sounds like some reactionary stuff you say when you realize the way you're behaving isn't being vindicated by everyone, especially in regards to having ghosted somebody. By all means keep ghosting, you do not owe me anything etc., but having to explain that you don't owe me anything just makes it obvious to me you in particular should be avoided at all costs because it's really just a cop-out statement. You're covering up the fact that you're unable to return my feelings, it's something you utter only to people you don't care about. You would never look at somebody you truly desired and tell them you owe them nothing because that statement to me just means "I don't give a shit about you". Think about it.
>>
>>18309300
>a little ranting is not going to be the worst thing and can even be helpful
Isn't that what the person doing in a way, by explaining the other perspective and reasoning beyond it?

Also I don't quite agree that "I don't owe you anything" is the same as "I don't care about you". The former is just a fact in life when it comes to social interactions. Whether it's a random crush or your husband/wife of 50 years. You just generally don't get into the situation to tell it to the people you care about nor do they feel like you owe them something.
>>
>>18309280
The problem is that this is not really the way the world works as a whole. This is something people use as a defense when they're tired of feeling bad for having to reject or dump somebody. And I get it, sort of.

The thing is, you would never say you don't "owe something" to somebody you care about. But why not, when you technically don't owe them anything either? You owe nothing to nobody, but you would never say this to somebody you actually wanted to be with, and the reason I suspect is because you know deep down it sort of conveys that you don't care about them or their feelings at all. In a relationship with two parties invested in each other deeply, they probably go out of their way to care about one another. Now imagine after many years this person stopped talking to you/cheated on you, and in your confusion you asked "why??", only to hear "I owe you nothing, bye". The lack of their investment and concern for your feelings is what hurts the most. And it can suck if you felt invested, if you felt like something special was there. It can hurt a lot the more physically/emotionally involved you are. Nobody likes to be on the receiving end of this.

I found out long ago that in the presence of good, caring company, you will never be told that they owe you nothing. Why? Because they care about you and your feelings, and they want to support you in a way. I've never had a good friend tell me they owe me nothing. We're always doing supportive things for each other. It's not really a wonder why that is.
>>
>>18308738
Lol this guy
>>
>>18309318
>you just don't get into the situation to tell it to the people you care about
That's because there is a shared level of trust, involvement, care and respect between you. You're going to end up in this situation only when one person does not care nearly as much about the other person.

This shit only comes up in the context of having to reject somebody and let go of them. If they cared about you at all they wouldn't have to keep telling you how they owe you nothing. It's only when they cannot provide you something, like return romantic feelings of attraction and a desire to spend time with you. Or the ability to provide you with a "proper" rejection. They're unable or unwilling to give you something, so they have to keep saying they owe you nothing.

Now, of course, sometimes this is understandable. People who are being way too clingy and desperate when the other person isn't interested should be reminded that the person they're after has no obligation to them. I just don't think it needs to be said every single time you turn someone down. But that's just me.
>>
>>18308750
Not him but from personal experience it's both. Usually it's people with lots of options. I'm not personally in a place where I'm meeting tons of women and rejecting them left and right. I'm usually the one who gets rejected or given excuses. "oh I'm busy" "oh my grandma is having health issues" "oh I don't like new guys meeting my friends" are among the excuses I hear. These come right after being told they'd like to see me again, and before you tell me I'm supposed to pay closer attention to how they say it, I'm going to just mention that the last one kissed me on the lips, held me closed and expressed desire to meet me again, only to keep flaking out and ignoring me until I gave up.
>>
>>18309318
> Whether it's a random crush
>or your husband/wife of 50 years

I honestly don't agree. Somebody who's been with me that long and invested that much deserves my care and respect. Even if I do not love them anymore for some reason, the caring and respectful thing to do is to say that to them even if it hurts. They deserve to know why it's not working out. I would never think to just blow them off until they "got the hint", that's just petty and childish IMO.
>>
You don't HAVE to ghost someone like that. You can just say your not interested and that it does not click. It's that simple. Also it helps if you say it as soon as possible instead of keeping the person guessing and giving out hope. Say it and the person will move on more fluently and wont regret/blame himself for it.

I feel OP because a chick ghosted me. She unghosted me 4 days ago asking how its going. I waited 3 days and deleted her. I wont let her disrespect me like that. Its not manly and im not that weak.
>>
>>18309327
>you would never say you don't "owe something" to somebody you care about. But why not, when you technically don't owe them anything either?
I totally would if there was a statement justifying it but I never had somebody I care about telling me that I owe them anything or acting like they feel that way. Funny enough, random people did. In normal relationships/friendships there is no cause to state it, since recognizing that little truth is also part of the respect.

>The lack of their investment and concern for your feelings is what hurts the most.
Well, I've never been ghosted by someone I was invested into too much, so it's somewhat speculative on my part but ... shouldn't it make things easier? On one side you're losing a caring partner, on the other some faggot who doesn't care enough to leave you with a minimum of closure? Obviously it'll still hurt but the "oh, I dodged a bullet" realization shouldn't be far either, which helps the recovery.

>>18309346
Yeah, I agree with pretty much everything here.

>>18309373
It'd obviously be "good tone" in many contexts and breaking up without a reason with a long term partner is pretty shitty behavior but you still don't exactly owe them anything. Though you're also going to look like a massive dick/cunt if you take it too literally.
>>
>>18308446
Because people who don't actively show emotions are now mainstream, which means normal people with even a little empathy, get mocked and shat on

I always give reasons why if i'm the one the break it off - since i've been on the receiving end of Ghosting and its pretty brutal
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.