[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it even possible to make a career change in it right now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1475093403926.gif (3MB, 600x396px)
1475093403926.gif
3MB, 600x396px
is it even possible to make a career change in it right now?
>study programming/design,etc
>find job
>junior designer/programmer etc.
>qualifications: at least bachelors degree must have at least 10 years of working experience in java,c++,html5,css,javascript,sql,php,photoshop,illustrator,networking,video editing

the work exp. is an exaggeration but it's almost identical to all the jobs i found
im still a newb (still studying online) in it related stuff im just thinking and looking ahead if there's a future for me in it
like for example if i do learn and get better over time but all the job requirements are the candidate must have bachelor's degree and above and have at least 3 years working experience
how does one who didnt study IT courses in college/university get a job/career change?
how does one get experience in IT?
im beginning to think that what im doing is all for naught and i should just stick to my current boring awful job
>>
I'm no IT guy but I would guess it's the same as being an artist: you create a portfolio. You work or create something in your field which you can show to a future potential employer that shows that you have the knowledge to complete the tasks he will give you.
>>
>>18308370
How old are you?
>>
>>18308370
>>qualifications: at least bachelors degree must have at least 10 years of working experience in java,c++,html5,css,javascript,sql,php,photoshop,illustrator,networking,video editing
I know this is an exaggeration, but lots of the jobs in any field want a ton of experience like this. There are two tips I can give you: first of all, approach people when you look for jobs. Don't wait for them to come to you, go to them. Secondly, build up work experience while you're studying. And not just work experience, do other things too. Being a well-rounded person makes you more employable than someone who has more experience but only in a narrow area.
>>
What you want is a github repository that exemplifies your experience using the frameworks / languages that the position asks for.

Participating in open source projects and having accepted merge requests with your name on it on said projects is also extremely valued.
>>
>>18308564
I don't want to
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.