[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long until I stop having imaginary conversations with my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Sad Frog Mad.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Frog Mad.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
How long until I stop having imaginary conversations with my ex? It's been 5 months. They're not even about missing her, they're mostly about the break up.
>>
A long time, been about 3 years and I still feel like I haven't had a proper closure. Keep your distance if she's in a relationship. Write a letter to her but don't send it, burn it.
>>
>>18307598
That sounds kinda therapeutic desu. Sometimes I think about what I would say if an ex wanted to talk about whatever. Mostly I fantasize about my oneitis these days but I don't think that's very healthy.
>>
There's more room out than in, right?

You're working through your feelings with the social part of your brain. It'll pass when you don't feel so strongly about the break up anymore. So, keep working through it however you can.

It'll get better.
>>
>>18307598
I'm going at 7 months myself. You still think about it because there is still something that bothers you about it. Don't distract yourself from those thoughts. Ask yourself questions and don't fear to consider even the ones that feel stupid or obvious. Think about it from every possible perspective.

You can ask yourself for example these: Why does the break up still bother you so much? What is the specific moment that bothers you? What in it bothers you? Something your ex said? Something you said? Do you feel angry, embarrassed, scared, sad or something else? Towards who do you feel it? How does your body react when you think these thoughts? Do your shoulders, hands or stomach tense up? What do you think your ex thinks about it? Is there someone else who could know about it? If your ex told somebody who would that be? What would they think about it? In what kind of situations in the future do you think those things that you think about could come up? What's the worst that could happen? Is there anything you could do about all this?
>>
It wont stop. Part of you is gone. You will never experience the same things, the same genuine feelings. Not for me anyhow. Just move forward and pretend to forget. No one has to know you are pretending to be ok. That is what the alcohol is for.
>>
Shut the fuck up defeatists. Here's what you need to do:
>kill all hope of getting back together
>stop "having conversations" with her in your head unless you'd like to become insane
>after REALLY killing hope, grief that it's over
>understand that it hurts and is supposed to
>better yourself in some way (learn a new thing/get a new hobby whatever just don't mope on r9k)
>every time you think of her involuntarily, think of something good instead - this will be hard but after a while it'll work
>continue bettering yourself FOR YOU and again KILL ALL HOPE

After doing all of the above for a while you'll go through a full day without thinking of her and be extremely happy about it. She will always pop back up now and then, but as a memory of times past, and not some grieving sad thing.
>>18309074
This loser right here: you don't want to become him. NEVER use drugs/alcohol in such situations as a crutch or a consolidation because it will come back tenfold like a freight train and that is the truth.

I've been through this and listened to idiots who told me alco/drugs will help but they don't. They fuck you up further and the memory becomes more painful because you start to suck compared to before instead of bettering yourself.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.