[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my gf just blew up at me and broke up. I know I was dick-ish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (139KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
139KB, 1440x1080px
my gf just blew up at me and broke up. I know I was dick-ish but I want to know if you guys think what I did warrants a blow up of such magnitude. Please keep in mind this important detail, that we are a Christian couple and I consider us pretty devout so bare that in mind
>I just got off work and at home resting
>Shes at work also and calls me on her lunch
>She goes to Christian women's conferences and always tells me how she and the other ladies constantly observe how each other is dressed and how classy/elegant they are
>I tell her "you should go to one dressed really casual and plain to make the statement that you're there for God and not as a fashion show"
>she basically says she doesn't want to and she doesn't appreciate me telling her how to dress (even though it was a very mild suggestion and I didn't think I came across forceful at all) and that I shouldn't suggest corrections on her attire unless shes dressed immodestly or immorally
>She goes on and on and on
>The call drops (as it always does for some reason) and I call back immediately and explain I didn't hang up, the call just dropped
>she orders some food and then goes back to reprimanding me over the same topic
>Eventually (this is where I admit to being a dick) I hang up on her and turn off my phone for like 5-10 minutes but feel bad and turn it back on
so while my phone was off she sent me some extremely angry messages, which I will now post, and I want to know if hanging up on her warrants this reaction or if shes as crazy as I think...
>>
File: Text1.jpg (135KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Text1.jpg
135KB, 640x1136px
I'm like 80% sure shes never cheated on me, but she always says shit like this when shes mad
1/2
>>
File: Text2.jpg (120KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Text2.jpg
120KB, 640x1136px
2/2
I'll answer questions if you guys need more info
I'm also pretty sure she isn't going to accept that guys offer, she just says these things to get under my skin
>>
I'm always amazed by by people who call themselves Christian but don't act like it. She should be more worried about how she acts not how she looks. To go off on a rant over something so stupid is childish and immature. To make up lies and try to hurt other people is mean. I would dump her ass and look for someone who isn't batshit crazy.
>>
so... move on, what advice do you expect to get?
>>
>>18307400
>>18307405
idk, I guess I didn't know if maybe I'm the one to blame for hanging up or maybe my comment about how she dresses really was out of line. shes my only friend so I'm hesitant to break up with her because I'll be totally alone
>>
Alright anon fellow chick here. In all honestly I don't know this person but shes a two faced cunt and you can tell. she honestly seems abusive. I'm religious to and I wouldn't dream of being with someone who gets this toxic and says such horrific things even if " she's just mad" This might be for the best and honestly might have been a small miracle on for you. Maybe it will open up to help you continue a zealous life and be happy because all she can seem to do is rot in toxicity. Also I think you brought up a really good point in saying she should make a statement with her clothes because it's not a fucking fashion show. This could be God's way of saying you have better things to do.
>>
>>18307371

>I know I was dick-ish but I want to know if you guys think what I did warrants a blow up of such magnitude

I didn't read your post. It doesn't matter who was right or wrong, while not even taking into consideration that the only perspective we have on the situation is yours. The relationship is over.

Dassit.
>>
>>18307400
Christians aren't perfect. That's why they're christians. They still make mistakes and let things like anger get the best of them. The point is to develop your relationship to where it starts influencing your behavior positively. However that doesn't mean those negative behaviors go away magically. It takes work, and some people just don't ever accomplish it.

Being a Christian myself, this has always bothered me. But it's not like I'm not guilty of acting like a jackass or saying mean and hurtful things out of anger. I do that shit all the time. I've gotten a little better though. It's a constant battle dude.
>>
>>18307411
you are not to be blamed for this shit, anon. really, what kind of cunt would be upset over a suggestion like the one you gave? that's so over the top that you should be glad that you lost that bitch. I know, the feels, but you will be better. you have more chances for a happy life now
>>
>>18307413
I know in the end, I just have to keep faith in God. if we're meant to be then we will be together. I'm happy to see another Christian here (though I sincerely appreciate everyones advice)!
>>18307440
thank you. Its a lot more believable to hear this from someone else, than to just condescendingly tell myself these things in my head...
>>
File: 1456683386952.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1456683386952.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>18307371
>we are a Christian couple
LOL. might as well stamp 'im stupid' on your forehead
>>
You could try to forgive her and work on this as a couple. It's good you've realized your mistakes, she needs to realize hers too. And definitely maybe some couples counseling.

Forgiveness is good, but don't let her take advantage of you or hurt you. If this is a frequent thing that happens then maybe you should not try to repair the relationship.
I was in a bad relationship for 3 years. I finally decided that maybe the constant bad things that he did or was a result of his doing was never going to change. But I didn't know how to leave. I think maybe God let him leave for a week straight in order to show me that it was okay to get out of that. I was very depressed and suicidal as well.

A good partner isn't going to hurt you knowingly and then continue to do it with no intention of changing behavior.
>>
>>18307374
>>18307378
Jesus I sure hope this isn't real. It sounds too crazy to be real, but at this point nothing would surprise me.

>she always says shit like this when shes mad
Why the fuck did you put up with it so far? I don't understand people like you. She's obviously trying to seriously hurt you. Why would you be with someone who tries to hurt you over something so petty?

She is a horrible person and you shouldn't surround yourself with this kind of people. Let alone have a relationship with one of them.
>>
>>18307429
I agree with everything you said. I think every Christian would. I'm not perfect either. However, this girl crossed the line. I have never treated or talked to a girl I cared about like she did this guy. I personally wouldn't put up with it. I would be moving on.
>>
File: 1474437147449-x.png (245KB, 450x349px) Image search: [Google]
1474437147449-x.png
245KB, 450x349px
>>18307411
>idk, I guess I didn't know if maybe I'm the one to blame for hanging up
555-Come-On-Now

Anyway, I would explain the situation carefully that your suggestion wasn't meant to be forced, maybe apologize for the makeup, but don't apologize for making a small suggestion.

It also seems to me that the relationship isn't strong enough to begin with. She cheated on you multiple times? Seems like she isn't the mother of your children, OP, but I'm not in your shoes to dictate that.
>>
>>18307400
/thread

So much for a "christian" girl heh?

Dump her crazy ass op
>>
>>18307468
Yeah definitely. I commented twice, my other advising him to leave if she won't at the very least apologize for her behavior and go to counseling with him.
Of course it's okay for him to just leave it at that. In the end it's his choice and we're merely giving advice. Honestly, I wouldn't go back either.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.