[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On an unrelated topic. If I was to drop out of college in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

On an unrelated topic.
If I was to drop out of college in my senior year, with only three classes left, do you think I could file an appeal to finish my coursework?
Or would I have to jump to through some major hoops to finish my degree?
Need someone to tell me how fucked I can potentially be, and if I should start signing up for the military in a very desperate attempt to not become a total failure in life.

Pic is vaguely related, I'm very, very numb.
>>
It is possible to withdraw from the semester without throwing away all of your progress. If you need time off, no one I forcing you to take your classes continuously or consecutively. As long as you dont let your prerequisites expire (going more than 2 years without using you trigonometry credits for example) you shouldn't have any major issues.
This is from personal experience at a public university in Utah though. Check with your school before you do a thing retarded or permanent
>>
>>18307243
Well, they kinda don't help anyone. I attend a UC.
I'm also broke, and survive because I'm a student.
I'm thinking that this is my only option desu.
If I don't graduate, I'll have to work a shit job in at taco bell. If I graduate with an engineering degree, at least I'll be the manager at that taco bell.

But If I did drop out, what would you recommend?
>>
>>18307227
coincidentally, suicide is always an option, right?
I mean it's looking mighty tasty right now.
>>
>>18308045
Which UC and what kind of engineering?
Just curious since I'm also engineering at UC.

Also giving a reason why you need to stop 3 courses away from graduation would help if you want an advice
>>
>>18308056
>What UC
I'd rather not say because I'm a little paranoid.
>What kind of engineering
Mechanical Engineering
>What's the reason I'm so down in the dumps?
GPA, I've been in and out of academic probation my whole time here. I've also been here for five years now and am going to enter my next semester if I don't get thrown out.

And the reason that I'd stop three courses in is because The UC system has a cut off time for people who take six years. If I don't finish by next spring it's over.
>>
>>18308056
DESU
It's finals week right now for and i'm just really really stressed because I've been having a hard time since I first started my time here.

I would really like to hear that i'm gonna be okay.
>>
>>18308079
>>18308081
Welp since you said semester I guess it's either Merced or Berkeley. I thought their finals were last week.

I don't think anyone here can give you a clear answers on what could be done about your degree. That's an answer that only your academic advisor can answer. Have you talked with one?

Anyways, what's done is done, do your best with the finals you have left, and hope for the best.

Ganbare anon
>>
>>18308120
You know I would have liked it if you just lied to me and told me everything is going to be okay.
Either way, I already talked to an academic advisor. Their answer is always the same, do your best.

So I guess that there's nothing to say and do other then to do my best.

Thanks for the reply though. Really wish you would have just said everything is going to be okay though. Hope however blind and fleeting is worth something you know.
>>
>>18308131
Everything will be okay, I won't lie to you and say that you'll get the degree when I don't know the full details.

But you're still going to be alive. And even without the degree, the time spent in uni is what you make of it. If you go into military, you could get placed into a technician role through asvab and come out with some useful skill. Or if you go into trades, your background knowledge will help you get through apprenticeship.

Things are going to be okay and there's still a place in this world for you. Don't worry about doing the best, but never give up.
>>
>>18308179
Thanks. honestly.
I just am scared, but there's no point in being scared.
>>
>>18307227
>Start a thread with on an unrelated topic.
But you decide the topic!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.