[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If life isn't fair, why do I have to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (161KB, 1080x1312px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
161KB, 1080x1312px
I can baww about my life situation and some fucker will copy paste "life isn't fair mang"

So since that's true, why do I have to be fair? Is there any sound reason not to be an unlikable bastard who lies, cheats, steals, overpowers or whatever 'taboo' method to get what he wants? Then when some sap gets fucked over, some shitposter will tell THEM 'life isn't fair some people are just assholes'

I can't get what I want by 'working hard' and I sure as hell wasn't born into a Chad life situation so why not just say fuck the rules and play the game however I want?
>>
Because then you're an asshole. You're just another one of those people who screws others over, and you've become the very thing that has made you miserable.
>>
>>18306682
Because no one feels sorry for an asshole who says life is unfair but you luckily still have that privilege

Ever cross your mind that life may not be fair but it isn't exactly unfair either? It just is what it is and what you make of it. Things have value because you give them value and if you stopped being a sensitive wuss you might be able to find happiness in what matters (which if you didn't get the picture, you decide for yourself)
>>
>>18306700
This is another way to put it. I think god made who you are because if things were too easy you would become an arrogant jerk. Take that as a challenge from god and say challenge accepted god. I will beat this game.
>>
That kind of behavior will make you end up even more alone.
People will see that you're being an asshole and will leave. First friends, then family, and then even strangers will avoid you because you've developed such a bad rep. You'll be truly alone, and whatever money you make probably won't be worth it.
>>
File: buddha384547.jpg (38KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
buddha384547.jpg
38KB, 620x400px
>>18306682
You will get what you want cheaper now but you will pay the price later.
>>
>>18306708
>You'll be truly alone, and whatever money you make probably won't be worth it.

Are you 12?
>>
>>18306716
No. But people are social creatures. Occasionally you'll find someone who's alright without other people, but they are the very rare exception. No matter how edgy loner you think you are, chances are that you need people.
>>
>>18306735
Or you can just get a dog like a real man living in the woods with a dog and a shotgun.
>>
>>18306716
I'm not the guy you responded but do you seriously think social interactions are objectively less important than material goods...?
>>
>>18306750
If you can pull that off, more power to you. But most people can't.
>>
>>18306751
The only people who genuinely care about you are your parentd if you're lucky. Apart from them everyone else can better replaced with dollars.
>>
>>18306761
Yeah people aren't probably going to throw themselves in front of the bus for me but still saying money is better and that you don't need other people to stay sane is pretty sosiopathic
>>
>>18306682
You're the only person in this world you have to live with.

Do you want to live with a piece of shit?
>>
>>18306761
Sounds like someone need to teach you the power of friendship
>>
>>18306771
Here's your (you), I hope it feels good

>>18306773
wtf Harry Potter shit is this
>>
>>18306793
What, can't take a joke?
>>
>>18306682
>Is there any sound reason not to be an unlikable bastard who lies, cheats, steals, overpowers or whatever 'taboo' method to get what he wants?

No, and I've wondered this for long time too. And the only reason, the ONLY reason you wouldn't to is cos of that stupid voice in your head.
>>
>>18306682
do what you want. that life comes with its own consequences.
>>
>>18306682
You should do exactly as you just described anon. Just remember to hide it well or it will come back and bite you in the ass because of normie "morals"
My advice about lying though. Never ever lie unless absolutely necessary. Being truthful at all times but the time it counts goes REALLY far. Especially with the law.
The only reason people are nice to each other is because of this conscience thing, but it's really just crippling.
>>
>>18306793
You're already a piece of shit so no wonder your logic comes to this.
>>
>>18306693
This is a good point
>>
Because the earlier people who broke the rules before they existed put new rules in place (see: laws) to keep you from being unfair. They got where they are by being unfair and want to keep themselves at the top by using enforcement to keep you being fair which makes it much harder these days to be on their level of play. I mean this is done on an individual and international level.

Go read Machiavelli.
>>
>>18306682

A few months ago I asked this to my gf, and she said I sounded like a whiny baby. I really didn't get it until reading your post right now. Maybe answering your question will answer some of my own.

>I can't get what I want by working hard.

Do you really believe this? Or do you mean you have to work harder than some people to get where you'd like to be? Because that is true. Some people have it easier than others. Does that mean you should just give up? Because if that were the case, the people who you are envious of would give up too, because there are people who have it easier than them. That is a fact.

For example, I have a friend who just won a scholarship. He is a smart, talented young man. When I was his age I was whining on 4chan about not getting laid. He is doing things now that I am just starting to do. He stays up late, and puts in a lot of effort to things. He is farther than me and younger than me. But if anything I am encouraged seeing someone work so hard at the same things I'm working hard at. It encourages me to work harder.

>Is there any reason to not be unlikable?

Alienating people isn't fun. And if you feel life is unfair now, imagine how unfair life will feel when you have nobody on your side. There was an episode of Mad Men where Don Draper said to Pete Campbell, "You’ll die in that corner office a mid-level executive with a little bit of hair who women go home with out of pity. You wanna know why? ‘Cause no one will like you.” Just because life is treating you badly, doesn't mean you have to be a shithead, because then in return things will just be tougher on you.

I know it is a fictional, but Mad Men has helped clarify a lot of things for me. Life is tough. It is unfair. But everyone, no matter how insignificant you personally think their problems are, is facing some type of adversity in their life. Nobody has it truly easy. And that is why life is unfair. And that is why you should be kind and compassionate.
>>
File: cost-benefit-analysis.png (80KB, 1195x760px) Image search: [Google]
cost-benefit-analysis.png
80KB, 1195x760px
>>18306693
>you've become the very thing that has made you miserable.

Incorrect:

What made op miserable was the expectation that situations would be fair, which is of course unreasonable. Even if OPs friends and family and society and species promised OP that situations would be fair, OP did actually place trust in a bunch of trash that is evidently untrustworthy, which is of course unreasonable.

If OP gives up unreasonable expectations, OP would not be stymied.

OP can still choose to be confident regardless of the fact that most circumstances abhor those who are confident, it's kind of like playing Diablo on hardcore mode, or being Jesus, or getting a vasectomy.

Or OP can be like everyone else. Is that really so bad after all?
>>
EXTRA THICC
>>
>>18306682
>unlikable bastard who lies, cheats, steals, overpowers or whatever 'taboo' method to get what he wants
The trick is being all of those things...while being likeable as a guise. So like most successful businessmen and other powerful people.
>>
>>18309364
This man has got it.

I know person who loathes most of the people around him, but has enough charisma to fit anywhere.
>>
Captain Picard said you can make no mistakes and still lose, that's life.
>>
>>18306682
Is it worth doing all of that to have more enemies? Would you mind looking over your shoulder every minute just to make sure someone isn't trying to kill you?
>>
>>18309439
>Would you mind looking over your shoulder every minute just to make sure someone isn't trying to kill you?

....we're not talking about pissing off drug dealers. More like neglecting people when they need help, especially when they would never help you.
>>
>>18309439
>Would you mind looking over your shoulder every minute just to make sure someone isn't trying to kill you?

People are killing people.

But you only have the enemies you choose. Others may think of you as an enemy, but that's their choice and has nothing to do with you.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.