[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grandfather is dieing in rural NY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: images (1).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
My family is kind of weird, and I am a bit of the fuckup (albeit better with money). I have a DUI, and been unemployed for 2 years, but still have about 550k at 27.

I did not want to go to the "family reunion", even though my father was willing to pay for my expenses.

I loathe my sister, and have no feelings for my cousins, aunts, and uncles, and the feelings are reciprocal.

I was never close to my grandparents because they lived in the East Coast, and refused to fly out to California for the past 20 twenty years.

Is it my obligation to visit my grandfather before he dies? I saw him about two years ago.

I kind of have a suspicion he is a bit apathetic / disappointed with my life.

I am unemployed and my family is easily in the 1%.

I would much rather travel to China, Colombia or Russia and start making a family of my own than living in this shithole city "santa cruz" that people love so much.

My grandfather has about 2 million, but my grandmother is still alive, and has already given me a chunk of money, that is still sitting in low cost great investments, so I think ultimately I would not lose out too much on inheritence.

I kind of want to see my grandfather, but last time I did it was like meeting a stranger.

We have nothing in common, we share no interests except a bit of investing.

Can't I just honor my grandfather by giving him a post-mortem grand child, with a 3rd world cute woman?
>>
First world problems
>>
>>18306459
and?
>>
>>18306477
bump
>>
You haven't seen the guy for two decades. No reason to go now.
This being said, your last line bothers me. Why would you feel the need to honor him? Only you know.
Me I'd skip it. But then again I hate all people, with possibly one exception, one pure and deeply scarred.. not important. I'd skip it.
>>
>>18307326
>This being said, your last line bothers me.
Every line bothers me, because they're all individually spaced. Who the fuck types like that? Also, "dieing" is not a word.
>>
>>18307335
It should be
>>
File: haHAA.jpg (60KB, 1049x964px) Image search: [Google]
haHAA.jpg
60KB, 1049x964px
>>18306455

did you earn the 550k or did daddy give it to you
>>
>>18306455

I don't know what plan of action you'll take but I had to visit my grandparent before she died and I hated her guts. She was abusive to me as a child and I would not have gone if I felt like I had the choice not to.

We grew up rather poor so I have admit that I'm a bit envious of your wealth. I don't mean to offend but what do you plan to do with your life? It seems like you have more options than I do so I'm curious to know.
>>
Wow! Your problems will improve when you stop thinking about yourself and do for others. Buck up, be a man and visit your dying grandfather. You sound spoiled, I suggest volunteering at a local soup kitchen and reading about Jesus.
>>
>>18307975

JESUS? Is that really going to help?
>>
File: This guy.jpg (26KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
This guy.jpg
26KB, 500x333px
>>18306455

>550k at 27

Jesus fuck.

>I am unemployed and my family is easily in the 1%

>My grandfather has about 2 million

>My grampy is dying

Just see him, the least you could do is give your respects to the man who probably was competent enough to save that money for his child (your father) and onto you, show a little gratitude at least.

You sound spoiled as shit as well, sounds like you're extremely self-centered too.

>I was never close to my grandparents because they lived in the East Coast, and refused to fly out to California for the past 20 twenty years.

Cali. is hippy central, hell, I wouldn't even go out there, and I have had multiple opportunities to go. If I was rich I still wouldn't go, Alaska is more appealing than Cali.

>>18306459

Also, basically this dude, if you have 550k and you're in the 1%, you're life is easy street, you sound bitter and resentful towards your family none the less (who probably gave you the money, go figure), show some respect to your elder whom made it possible for you to make life your playground.
>>
>>18307923
septic pumping + slum lording is my dream

Maybe get into social work contracting for county (do their work for less to help break their union) long story...
>>
>>18308500

>Just see him, the least you could do is give your respects to the man who probably was competent enough to save that money for his child (your father) and onto you, show a little gratitude at least.

This x9000+
>>
>>18309146

yeahh... go see your dying grandfather. You have zero excuses.
>>
>>18306455
just go and see him, what's the worst that could happen
>>
grand dad has 2m
posts guy with 50 bil
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.