[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MAJOR vs LOCATION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: 1447372677337.jpg (99KB, 543x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447372677337.jpg
99KB, 543x400px
I'm 24 and just finished 4 years in the military. I do not want to continue living in the shithole that is my last duty station, and do want to pursue a 4 year degree.

I have basically no idea what major to go for or where to go to school. I would think that nailing down a major would help me choose schools, but if I decide on CS or data science or something, how many schools across the country would have programs for that? probably literally hundreds.

where tf to begin? any advice on useful major vs something I would enjoy? should I even go for a STEM degree if they are lmao so hard to get and now apparently all flooded job markets?

Any comments or thoughts are high appreciated my friends
>>
what was your job in the military? could always just do civilian contracting through the military and get paid big bucks with WAY less bullshit compared to being enlisted.

Basically do the same job with less stress.
>>
why didnt you go into the military as a technician or something? you could have a degree by now
>>
File: 1443272744234.jpg (106KB, 300x449px) Image search: [Google]
1443272744234.jpg
106KB, 300x449px
>>18306417
>>18306419
I was a linguist and unfortunately the language I learned has very very few civilian / contractor billets...the ones I have been able to find list a bachelors as a basic requirement along with the prior mlitary experience.

while I think I would enjoy one of these jobs, I still really want the experience of going to college and think I might prefer to do something more technical involving computers or engineering...but on the other hand what I REALLY wanted to do before the military was something involving wildlife management such as forestry or fisheries science

I just feel like there are a million different options at this point and any one of them could amount to being a hidden trap full of regrets and wasted years and money
>>
File: 1445110490438.jpg (89KB, 709x704px) Image search: [Google]
1445110490438.jpg
89KB, 709x704px
...bampu...
>>
>>18306447
Don't limit yourself to college. Remember that you can still make bank on blue collar jobs if you put in the time. And some unions give you paid training, but apprenticeship applications require time. Put in an application the next time it opens up
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.