[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I fake happiness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: RM-06-Shirt.jpg (19KB, 414x288px) Image search: [Google]
RM-06-Shirt.jpg
19KB, 414x288px
I've been depressed since last year (Not diagnosed, but I fit the full criteria sheet) and started not caring about it, so I started to fail my classes, close up, etc etc...While trying to smile from time to time & blaming bad grades on laziness to keep my family "at bay".

The problem is that I can't hide it anymore. My whole social world is up in arms (teachers, counselors, classmates) about my state of being. They've reached out to my family and I'll be compelled to see the doctor or do heavy explaining. Either way, I know for my very own reasons (family's character, etc...) that it will result in my having a shittier summer than the basic shitty summer I envisioned.

So, should I fake happiness? Do something like cut my hair, shave, dress well, go the gym once a week & slip my failing grades under the covert of laziness? Is it even possible? Would it be beneficial?

I feel as if I can't do most of these things. I only think I could slip into a role & change my appearance a bit which would be enough to convince most people that I'm fine.
>>
Either get busy living or get busy dying
>>
>>18306291
>get busy dying
Sounds like a plan if I didn't get the attention
>>
>>18306287
Wrong question.

The right question is how to beat depression.
>dont pretend you are happy
>seek help from parents, friends and doctors
>be honest with them and dont hide your weaknesses
>hope for best
>>
>>18306357
>seek help from parents, friends and doctors
I considered it for a while, but all I really want is to be left alone.
>>
>>18306357
Not OP here but how does that work? I mean people including an alleged professional just tell me that I need to change my mindset and try new things but what in reality they are saying is "pretend you are happy" because I really can't force myself to enjoy shit when everything is uninteresting and boring.
>>
>>18306400

Can you solve this alone? I mean, faking only hides he symptoms. You'll still be miserable. You'll still suffer.

Also, don't self diagnose off the internet. You are not a doctor.
>>
>>18306400
>left alone
Nah. Being left alone turns people into r9k residents posting pepe memes. You dont want that, do you?

Kick your ass and actually do something about your situation. You wouldnt be here if you were content with your lufe situation. Solve your problems before they grow so big you will rather kys than to stand up and fight them.

>>18306404
>how does that work
In most cases, depression is a combination of
>poor life situation
>poor upbringing
>wrong chemicals in your brains and or damaged receptors for it
>inherited some predisposition for mental illness
Thing is, you have to fight it on as many levels as you can and only professional studying this subject for years can really point you toward right direction.

And most of sad anons here purely refuse to seek help from others. But more than often, this is something you cant solve alone and the cure can last for years in the worst cases.

Tldr seek help from others ot suffer so long that suicide will feel like your best option.
>>
>>18306432
>Can you solve this alone?

I don't know.

> I mean, faking only hides he symptoms. You'll still be miserable. You'll still suffer.

I know I'll sound defeatist, but I've stopped trying. I don't have the will to do anything.

>>18306449
>Kick your ass and actually do something about your situation.

Easier to do than to say. I don't know if I lack in willpower or if you're just hardier than the bunch, but I tried.

My point was not to drag other people into this. Making my family worry about my depression-whatever-constant sadness problems will 1) push my military-type father to turn my life into boot camp and 2) break my mom's, older sister's heart

Also, I hate being seen as some kind of unstable dude in my classes.
>>
>>18306462
>I know I'll sound defeatist, but I've stopped trying. I don't have the will to do anything.

Yet you will fake it for the rest of your life? Come on, you have to see how dumb this plan is. Life will get worse until you actually DO something to change your situation.

Why did you fail at school? Faking happiness won't solve that. You'll still be too distracted to focus and lack the motivation to do the work. So faking won't solve the very real problem you have there. What re you gonna do then?
>>
>>18306462
>i hate being seen as some kind of unstable dude
Well, normies wake up in the morning and they feel either great ot normal. If it is on weekend, they feel excited / happy because they dont have to go to school / work and just enjoy themselves. When was the last time you felt good in the morning? Dont you miss these moments?

Seek for help. Nobody deserves to suffer alone. Who cares what your surroundings will think or do? Get help. Please, do it for yourself.
>>
>>18306482
>Yet you will fake it for the rest of your life?
Maybe "fake it until you make it". I just want to get my family off my back for the reasons I stated. I can't be sad all the time, things have to end at some point, I'll move to another town after the summer so who knows.

>Dont you miss these moments?
Good question. Yes I do. But I've inched close to success at some points during the past year or so, only to get back in it.

I miss the way I used to be. But things look so bleak that I may as well be full of energy & will to change one evening to wake up under the weight of my sh!t the next morning. I just can't seem to pull myself out for longer than a day or so.
>>
>>18306523
>I can't be sad all the time, things have to end at some point

If you are really depressed, then they won't stop on their own. You'll need meds for that.
>>
>>18306549
I don't know if I'm depressed. I fit the criteria but well, only a doc can judge. I don't want to imagine my future atm.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, anons.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.