[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living with Aspergers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1494423459769.jpg (329KB, 1312x652px) Image search: [Google]
1494423459769.jpg
329KB, 1312x652px
How the hell do you communicate with people around your age with aspergers on the internet? It's easier in person because i can pull it off with charm/good humor, but even then it's starting to annoy me. Every time i talk people remark on why i sound so serious and so formal, specially virtually. I try and have liked myself for the way i am for years, but i do notice i'm being ''inadequately ''adequate'''' in all situations. I have a list of books regarding communications but i don't know if those will be of any help or will just aggravate the situation further. Any legitimate autistic yet sociable anons have any tips? I feel really, really bad when i try to use any lingo (doesn't help with my OCD), as in ''cuz''.
>>
>>18306266
>sound so serious and so formal
That is not a bad trait. If anything, they feel dumb themselves by not reaching your level in communication.

Dont pretend to be as retarded as them. If they try to shit talk about how you type, simple tell them you wish they would get on your level. Or maybe stop texting with immature dumb kids.
>>
Poorly, very poorly. I have a hard time communicating with people, I tend to freeze up and say nothing. This makes me look like I don't care.
>>
>>18306317
That's the problem. I'm only 20. Where i live it's difficult to find non-dumb people from my age. I'm no genius, but it's hard to communicate with people from my age around here because of that.
>>18306330
Same. I just go with ''What do they expect me to say?''. Or if someone says ''Hey, wanna be friends?'', i just kept silence. What should i have said? I don't know. It's really confusing(to the people lurking, yes, i know the automated answers. But in my mind i do wonder what i really should say, rather than the answers i trained myself to say).
>>
>>18306397
You sound rather obnoxious. Stop trying to analyze every situation and ask yourself why do you even seek friends who irritate you? What is the point?

>hard life of robots
Why do you want friends? Why bother when people make you irritated by definition of your condition?
>>
>>18306463
Because i'm lonely, i like to talk to people. I like having friends. I also analyze things because of the OCD+Aspergers combo. And it's not that people irritate me, but i rather feel inadequate by being the way i am. It's not like i feel superior to them, nor that i should do a complete overhaul of my being. I just want to adapt. I'll never find someone completely like me, nor i want to. I'm sure the other anon will agree. I'd rather learn how to act normal.

I don't intend to engage in the same shit everyone does, nor everyone but me is a retard. I just want to communicate better. Maybe there's someone out there with a trick. My life doesn't come to me naturally. Human interation is something to be learned, not something natural for me. Everything has a ''Why?'', and exactly because i just went with the normal answers i got stuck with ''Who i even am'', which further hurt the way i interact with people. I don't intend to befriend everyone, i jut want to approach and be approcheable better.
>>
>>18306502
Nice :-D

http://www.improveyoursocialskills.com/conversation
I think the best approach for you is to stop thinking so hard about logic and just do what you want. Being quiet is also fine.

>learn how to act normal
That sounds like pretending to be somebody else. How about accepting who you are and finding somebody who wont hate you instead?
>>
>>18306539
I want to be a better self. If i just cave in and turn into a robot(not r9k robot, human robot) i will just be another useful professional living a grey life. It's really easy to mesh OCD, Autism and Depression together and paint your life with it.
I don't want to be someone else, i want to be a better me. There are ways i can improve, i'm certain. I want to be adaptive. It's hard to find someone who likes you for what you are, anon. Specially with conditions like mine. I lost the count how many times people were troubled with how ''cold'' i seem, how ''robotical'', no matter how loving they are first. It's an arduous long-time investment to date someone like me, for example, even if i do my best to make it easier on the other person. It's not something that delivers the bullet fast to a relationship (amorous or not) like anger issues or schizophrenia. It kills subtly and slowly, so i gotta work on it the best i can.
>>
>>18306577
But man, the sentences you throw here looks so good. I guess you have problems talking in person right? Or can you talk like this in person too?

I would like to help you, but to me you look completely fine in this online chat. Have you talked about this with some professional? To me you sound fine. But maybe it is because you have like infinite time to forge reply.

Also i take it you tried dating girl, didnt you? How did it go? Are you sure if you tried again you wouldnt do better now? After all practice makes perfect.
>>
>>18306590
Thank you, but that's the point. People my age go ''you look like an old man xD'', ''you're kinda creepy'. But after this conversation, maybe i should just stay away from people my age or something. I don't know anymore, after talking to you fellows. It's shit resorting to cope with old antisocial people's problems just because you look so much like an older person in the eyes of people your age.
>>
>>18306609
>look like old man
? Maybe your fashion sucks?

I am not sure what you tried to tell in this post, but to me you seem normal. And kids bullying anybody different from them is normal. Your best bet is to fight back or dont give a fuck.

So again op, what will you do? Are you in school? How many kids are in class? Are youbsire therr is nobidy there able to withstand your personality? What about finding somebody online to talk to or play games with?
>>
>>18306631
No, the way i speak. I can pull it out due to the looks, since i take care of myself. But the way i speak/act sometimes. I'm old fashioned in just about everything minus looks, since at least i know when to use what. I'm in college. Mostly kids. People online are the main problem.
>>
>>18306657
Ok, you lost me in your thought process.

If you are capable of talking to people and dont behave like madman, you seem good enough to me.
>old fashioned
Like what for example? Are you sure that you arent trying to hang out with dumb people? It is normal to not like everybody. I for example couldnt stand like half of my class mates at school. They were simply too dumb or incompatible with me.

Maybe tell some concrete experience which bugs you. Also you ignored my gf question. Are you sure you dont want one? :-)
>>
>>18306684
I have had girlfriends. Those were all different from each other. I do want one, but i should be able to work with more people, then move to looking for a specific person for me, no?

The things i like. Music, clothing style, cars, motorcycles. My mannerisms. Girls just see me as an young, pretty old dude. I'm ''way too polite/serious/mature'', by their words. Be it outright dumb girls or not. I assure you i don't attempt to sound or act mature to look cool or feel better. People in general are hard to interact and i'm only saying from the autism view point, not that a lot of them are outright uninteresting(this also being a problem, autism makes it harder to feign interest).

I'll rephrase my need; For the autistic anons, share tips on how you maintain your social relationshions. For the non-autistic; give me tips aswell. My feelings and thoughs/speech are manual. There -must- be a ''Why'' to things. If someone online comes ''Do you want to be friends?'', i can answer yes, but only out of learned habit. I don't ''know'' what should i do, outside those learned answers, as i don't ''get'' why she wants to stay friends. This isn't a trust issue or self esteem issue.

Normal human contact is just that way for me. They don't ''just work''. Things are more methodical, analytical. If it makes it easier, pretend you're teaching a robot how to act, i don't know.
>>
>>18306720
I see. I think you are better of with some quality literature about how to socialize and how to pretend to not being autist :-)

>work with more people, then look for specific person
I think that you can work on both of thah at once.
>too polite / serious / mature
Try to date older girls. They will love dating dude who knows what he wants. Again you are describing your traits as negative but in reality they are POSITIVE.

>do you want to be friends
That means the person wants you to add as friend on some social network so they can talk to you again. Nothing more nothing less. Also they can banter you. That means they will tell anything as a joke.

Man you have it hard.
>>
>>18306768
Welcome to the word of Aspergers/high functional autism. Hence why i cringe whenever some retard calls something he dislikes ''autistic''. You can't even try to explain to someone your situation without they immediatly assuming you're either from a complete retard to a soulless psychopath. Even worse when they pretend to like you just because you're ''exotic'', and attempt to drag you around as walking entertainment, not as a friend.
>>
>>18306800
world*
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.