[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Razors/Shaving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 0_c9f48c36.jpg (37KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
0_c9f48c36.jpg
37KB, 720x544px
Hello /adv/

Redpill me on razors.

I recently switched from electric to disposable razors and am amazed by the shave I get. What else should I consider?
>>
>>18306012
use shaving oil instead of foam or gel if you have sparse growth or shave every day or every few days. much better, cleaner and cheaper shave overall. comes in tiny bottles. a few drops do the job. well worth it.
>>
>>18306018
I used a soap bar
>>
>>18306012
Two blades max. Any more than that and the leading blades just get dull and pull.

They're cheap so switch out every week. Store brand is fine. This isn't complex surgery.

I like gel shave creme. Stays wet longer. Foam dries up too fast.
>>
Safety razor thoughts?
>>
>Redpill me on
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>18306122
;)
>>
Not OP but can someone tell me if expensive razors from brand names like gilette and their specific razor blades that cost a few € for a single blade compared to around 2€ for 10 disposable razors are actually worth it or are they just a meme? Asking because I sadly have rather sensitive skin, can't even use an eletric razor but even wet shafe can sometimes cause problems.
>>
>>18306237

sensitive skin here, as long as its a three blade razer it seems to be just fine to me, evne the disposable ones. i recently used them while on a business trip and they worked just fine, HOWEVER i am very light on the facial hair in general.l

dollar shave club has been working great as well tho
>>
File: 1477855058237.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1477855058237.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Are disposals good value for the sharpness?
>>
>>18306285

so far it would seem so to me but i only just started the disposals.
>>
>>18306297
Are the large women's pack viable for shaving a man's face?
>>
>>18306012
ANY EXPENSIVE MULTIBLADE RAZOR IS TRASH

Do not fall for the scams, 2 blade is fine for a disposable razor but any more is pointless/bad. The best way to shave (if you actually have good technique and a steady hand) is one of the older style razors with a single razor blade that you switch out. It is cheaper and assuming done right a much better and less irritating shave.

If you care about that then look into it. The key reason you don't want too many blades is that each subsequent blade tugs the hair even further up from the skin. A 5 blade razor for example after done shaving will leave the hair below the skin due to how high it pulled the hair out of the follicle while cutting it. This obviously means more potential for ingrowns and such.
>>
>>18306012
Should I be using shaving cream/gel/whatever?

Is it okay to ask questions in someone else's thread?
>>
Get a straight razor. All of you. The entire thread. Talking about disposables, multi vs single, etc.

A straight razor is the closest shave, almost never needs to be replaced, as you can sharpen them. They don't have any replaceable parts so in the long run it's also the cheapest.

Join the master race.
>>
>>18306327
Yeah, I've seen the argument. It focuses you on the moment, is in a way meditative, centers you for the day. It is interesting.
But.
1) I'm not a morning person
2) I like my beard.
>>
>>18306012

I use soap into the skin and shaving foam on top of that, then i do the same again but pulling the razor in the opposite direction. I also do left side then right side then neck side. Feels dayum smoove mane.

Also do the same for shaving my bollocks and pits. It might sound gay but I work outside and fewer pubes really helps keep the stench down and makes showering faster
>>
>>18306433
>in the opposite direction
enjoy your ingrown hair

>>18306325
>>18306035
i used bar soap but the change to shaving gel feels amazing, never gonna go back

>>18306327
but i don't have enough facial hair to justify this
>>
>>18306012
Go safety razor anon

100 blades costs about $10 and will last forever... I have a heavy beard and can get 1-3 weeks per blade

Just order a sample set to begin with to figure out what works best on your face
>>
I would advise getting a safer razor. The razor itself is around $25 but it lasts a life time with care. Replacement blades are only $1 for five and I can get about a month out of each razor.

Only real con is that you may have to adjust how you shave because the position of the blade is different from a disposable razor.
>>
>>18307340
I meant safety razor. not safer.
>>
>>18306327
I thought about a straight razor back when I wasn't allowed to have a beard at my job. My hands aren't steady though and I'm bad at sharpening. Also suicidal so I'll stick with the safety razor. It's blades are to thin to feel like I could kill myself with them.
>>
File: roodypoos.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
roodypoos.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
I used to use one of those Gillette razors. The kind where the blades go bad after maybe a week or two and they cost $20-$30 for a 4 pack. I always got a good shave but it was expensive af and pigeon holed me into either spending a bunch of money on razors or being a cheapskate and using the same razors for months until they were dull and getting a shitty shave.

I dropped like $30ish on a Safety razor off Amazon and then $10 on a pack of like 500 razor blades.

Best decision ever.

I get a way closer shave and save a shit ton of money on razors. Each razor blade lasts probably 2-3 shaves and then you toss them. But you have like 500 of them.

One blade x 3 days = 1500 days of shaving = 4 years worth of shaving for about $40 altogether.

Go safety razor and never look back.

The only downside is you have to be a lot more careful while shaving or else you're going to cut a chunk out of your face. Your face is probably going to be really sensitive at first so you get ready to knick yourself several times in the beginning until your face adjusts.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.