[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to argument

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: aaaaaaaa.jpg (6KB, 200x168px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaa.jpg
6KB, 200x168px
>be me
>harrased by a wannabe bully
>ignore at first
>things go from small annoying pokes to wall pins
>trying to be calm but my fuse is tiny
>tried to fake-strangle-threaten him, made things worse (i know, i am dumb)
>violence won't work, too weak and he's stronger
>need a way to verbally fuck him up
>about him:
>lies about torturing animals
>divorced parents
>possible big bro who gives -2 shits about him
>has a clique of wannabe workout masters
>one in the clique is a ok guy, a social outcast who wishes to socialize, who i am trying to befriend
>we live in a ex-yugoslavia balkan country

do your worst, if not for actually fixing the problem at least for the lulz
>>
>>18306004
>violence won't work
That's where you're wrong. 90% of fights it doesn't matter who's stronger. Take the initiative and attack him before he does anything again. Go for the balls, the eyes or the throat. If your first strike fails or he isn't on the ground, move on to the next weak point or repeat until he is. Don't say anything, and just leave afterward.
>>
>>18306117

You want him to get his ass beaten back? THe dude has a couple homies, right? Guess who wins, even in a surprise attack: The lone dude or the gang?

>>18306004

Yeah, word of advice: There's not insult powerful enough to change things. You are not gonna insult him so hard that he leaves you alone. Ignore him and defend yourself enough to make it a hassle for him to target you, and he should get bored and moveo n to someone else.
>>
>>18306126
If, as per the OP, the bully is a wannabe his homies won't be tight. Fair chance they'll abide while the guy gets his, they should know it's coming.
But it does place some constraints on how far you take it. No grounded kicks, etc..
>>
>>18306143

You are taking a big risk anyway. All you need is one of the to take a swing at you and you are already in a 2 vs 1 situation. And that's assumig the guy stepping forward doesn't embolden the rest.
>>
>>18306165
So, you have to needle him into putting his ego on "one on one". Not sure OP could do it in his current state tho.
>>
>>18306189

He might be gentlemantly enough to agree. Doesn't stop him beating the crap out of you the next day, anyways. THat's the point, this dude is channeling his life frustrations through this. THat won't stop by kicking his ass. Actually, you'll just become another source of stress. And nlike his parents, he can kick the crap out of you.

So no, I don't think OP should escalate. Defend himself? Absolutly. But beating him up won't solve this.
>>
>argue a bully into not bullying you anymore
lol

OK OP, this is what you do if you're a weak cunt and too scared to fight him normally
You tell everyone you can about it. The police, teachers, boss, his relatives, everyone. Mainly the police though. And exaggerate it a little, of course. Tell them he pushes you into walls as hard as he can that he threatens to send you to the hospital and maybe even that he punches you (maybe you want to give yourself a few bruises) if you can keep a straight face while lying. Most of these "bullies" would stop immediately if police as much as talk to them.

If he doesn't stop buy pepper spray (or if you can a taser) and a telescopic baton and carry them with you all time. Next time you see him alone (stalk him if you never see him alone) pepper spray him then beat the shit out of him with the baton. Not enough for him to require medical attention but enough to FEEL it. Don't say anything, just go in, throw pepper spray in his eyes and beat him, then leave. But make sure he sees it's you. If you made sure to bitch at everyone that he's the big bad bully he won't achieve anything by going to the police, you can just tell he attacked you for ratting him out and you acted in self defense.
>>
>>18306233

Yeah, cause pepper spray doesn't leave lesions that can easily be reported to police or other autorities. Also, this kid is probably beat up in his daily life, too. You think a skinny kid beating him up by sruprise once is gonna stop him?

As I said above: He can't beat his daddy up, but he can OP's ass once the next day and every day after. If OP escalates it with weapons, you don't kow where the bully will take it.
>>
You must be 18+ to post here.
>>
Suck his dick. I guarantee you that he will stop bullying you after that.
>>
You're a pussy OP and you deserve to get bullied
>>
buy a taser
>>
OP sounds like Lester at the beginning of Fargo season 1.
>>
Ko ga jebe, udri ga u pizdo
>>
>>18306242
Pepper spray can be used in self defense though, that was my point, not that it won't leave any marks.

Taking a good beating from someone will most likely stop him from interacting with that person. We're programmed to avoid things that cause us pain and that will work even better if he's already being abused by someone. One of the reasons he can't "beat up his daddy" is because he learned that his daddy can beat him up and he can learn the same thing about OP. There's this thing we have called fear and it's really not that logical. I guarantee you that if someone traumatized you in some way you you will be scared shitless of that guy and will avoid him at any cost. Even if he's a weak midget and you could beat him up without breaking a sweat.

This mentality of "never escalate it" is exactly what causes people to be bullied (and later in life oppressed). I get it, it's the safer way, but it also makes you an easy target for anyone who wants to fuck with you. If OP punched the guy as hard as he could the first time he poked him I guarantee you that he wouldn't have had this problem now, even if he didn't cause that much damage. The guy would've just went to pick on some other weak nerd that doesn't fight back in any way.
>>
>>18306363
This guy gets it.

In this type of situation OP you should escalate your response until he pisses off.

The only reason this is a problem is because he's been escalating his bullying and you've been passive.
>>
>>18306363
>>18306402

Easy for you two to send someone else to fight. The dude already proved he can beat OP up Even if he gets a lucky fight in, do you really think he'll back off? Come on! You make a plan that can get OP killed if the bully takes his weapons or just decides to get his own for revenge later on.

Easy to talk tough behind a computer screen. The situation is awful and I'd wish it was like in the movies. But sometimes you can't win at their game.
>>
>>18306425
If you read my first post you will notice that I think that if he wants to take the pussy way out of it he can do that simply by crying about it at everyone around. And it most likely will work in this situation. The edgy beat-em-up part was in case it doesn't work. Because there's never a guaranteed way this kind of thing will work, you can never assure a "win".

You know how you definitely won't win though? By remaining passive and taking it like a big boy. If you use pepper spray and then go to town on him with a baton there's not much he can do, unless you fuck up horribly. Is it still scary and risk? Of course. Is there a chance it can backfire horribly and get OP killed? Well getting him killed is a bit of a stretch, but yeah, it can definitely backfire.

You can argue about the risks and less desirable parts of this situation all you want, because they obviously exist. As you said, the situation is bad and there isn't a pretty way out of it. So you can either be a good boy and put up with it to minimize the risks and potential damage while throwing your self respect in the garbage bin and suffering the status quo or you can do something risky, edgy, stupid or however you wish to call it and either solve the problem or make it worse. And maybe keep a little bit of your dignity this way, no matter the result.

I realize it's much easier said than done. But just because it's a hard, risky option doesn't mean the alternative is necessarily better. It might be, ultimately what matters is your ideology and way of dealing with life's issues.
>>
>>18306004
>>ignore at first

There's your problem. You've set an example that this behaviour is ok.

Now, it might be considered "psycho" do "over-react" to these things, but in all honesty, had you over-reacted and beat the dude in the first place, you'd have set a better example and this shit wouldn't be happening.

Only way to fix it now is to make an example out of him.
>>
>>18306484

You bring a baton, I use a broken bottle to cut your ass up. I know it sounds nice and comfy to "solve the problem", but that's the risk of adding weapons.

> If you use pepper spray and then go to town on him with a baton there's not much he can do, unless you fuck up horribly.

Which is a real possibility when against a more skilled fighter. It's more likely the baton ends up OP's ass than anywhere else.

He should tell people, he should seek help, hell, he can change schools if it gets too bad. But meeting him with more violence is a dangerous game than OP can't win. You are ignoring the numbers advantage the other dude has AND the strength and skill the other dude has over him. This is not a "feel good" movie. You are sending OP to get seriously injured with that advice.
>>
If it's at school or work, tell the authority figures. If it's on your own time, remove yourself from interaction with that person. If he follows you and bothers you after that, and you can't escape, fight him. It doesn't matter if you win or lose, just do your best to avoid a situation where you could be killed or ganged up on. Even if you get beat up, that will either let him know you're not an easy target anymore, or draw the serious attention of the proper authority figures who can put an end to it. Never escalate unless you have to, but don't be scared to defend yourself.
>>
Which ex-yu country are you in?
>>
>>18306516
I think you're the one who's treating this as if it is a movie. You don't understand how we react to violence and injury. You're talking as if that guy can simply shrug off an ugly beating and only think of retaliation as a result.

The reason why he can pick on OP so easily is because he feels fully in control while doing it. He knows there's no retribution coming, nothing bad will happen as a result. We're not usually aware of these things, but they're always there, guiding what we do. It's really easy to see it in the extremes, like phobias that are results of traumatic experiences or PTSD, but they exist on a much larger spectrum and they determine our interaction with animals, objects and people. Many women who were violently raped tend to develop a fear to ALL men because of it. Imagine how they feel about the person who did it. Sometimes they are too scared to even report him.

This is the kind of thing that happens when a traumatizing, unexpected event affects you. It makes you feel powerless against its cause and it makes you avoid it. You can't simply brush it off, you can't just forget about it and think about revenge. That's what happens in movies, not in real life.

This mechanism is also the reason OP said "violence is not an option" in his post and why you you're so scared of the risks than come with it. As much as you'd like to think it's only rationality at least a part of this thinking is emotional. If you've gone through an event like that you'll most likely hate the very idea of it happening again, unless you're trained to deal with it.

And for this reason I doubt we'll ever agree on this. I know there's risks, you pointing out 10 times won't change my view. I'd just rather take the risks over being passive and pushed around. And if I get hurt as a result so be it. I'd rather be hurt or even dead than live driven by fear and express no control over my own life.
>>
Show resistance no matter how weak it is. Just make him know you can't be touched that easily. I'm from a Yugoslav country too, Serbia to be more exact. I know how demented everything is in our country, but take my advice.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.