[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parents on shaky ground

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1422770631553.jpg (96KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1422770631553.jpg
96KB, 500x667px
My parents have been together for for almost 30 years.
They've recently started having a huge falling out, which will likely lead to huge consequences. They don't talk to each other, we no longer eat together and now sleep in separate rooms. I've given her my bed and I sleep in my car or in the lounge.

I may not have a home anymore, and I can't afford a place of my own because its too expensive in Australia.

I am studying and currently hold a part time job, with a current application pending in the army for a graduate program, but I need to get good grades.

I pledged to give most of my savings to mum, if she chooses to leave to give her some liquidity for her to settle.

I'm starting to struggle to keep the peace.
I make sure I am home before mum finishes work, and I try and keep the peace.

What can I do /adv/?
>>
You could try and get them to attend marriage counselling
>>
>>18305611
>helping your mom cuck your dad
Disgraceful
>>
>won't talk to the person you vowed to spend your life with
Pride is a motherfucker.
>>
>>18305611
This will be very difficult for you to read, but it's important:

This story is not about you.

You are a bystander in two other people's story, and the only thing you can do that won't make things worse is stay on the sidelines, don't take sides, let both know that you love them, and hope they'll get through this bad time, whatever the outcome.
>>
>>18305670
Ill try, but to get both of them to attend would be difficult

>>18305812
>Pride is a motherfucker
It seems that way, neither of them are budging. Its almost childish ffs.

>>18305903
Thanks anon.
I'd like to help and keep them together because we have no other family in this state.
We missed so many family gatherings because we're too far away, but had to move because of employment.

I'm currently sleeping on the couch trying to do my assignments at 2am. Should I go talk to a counselor tomorrow morning for advice?
>>
Gonna try not to write too long a post since I wamt to go to sleep and overall try/intend to spend time on this website overall.
Anyway, my own parwnts are in a similar situation. There's a conflict between them that has been going on for decades and things seem to get torn apart between them.
The thing is, I know I can't solve their relationship and if i get in on their quarrels it tends to only have negative influence.
What I've done nowatimes is to "simply" focus on bettering myself since I now realize that much of the underlying reasons for their fighting was actually caused indirectly by me (not saying it's the same for case but it might be).

What ive done is getting my basic shit handled; got a job, moved out, got a hobby, exercise regularly, eat better and overall try to replace my bad habits (a prevalent one being wasting time on the internet, mainly this site..) and little by little has not only my life improved but it affects my parents relationship as well. They get along better and seem in better harmony more often. They still have issues, and like yours can be VERY childish about them, but now when i try not to get involved directly in their relationship (which is harder said than done most of the time) i see that if i choose to focus on my own mind in the situations where arguing ensues am i able to steer the course of the athmosphere much more fluently in a positive path.t

tl;dr
Focus on bettering your self and you'll give room for improvment to them in turn
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.