[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to work in a foreign country

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1494267253036.png (11KB, 818x639px) Image search: [Google]
1494267253036.png
11KB, 818x639px
I've heard of people taking gap years before college and I like how this sounds so far. I want to do something drastic like work for a hotel or in customer services in some county like Mexico or Guatemala, how can I achieve such? Will I live on my own or should I stay with people? I really don't know how people go about this sort of stuff. Help? I want to experience something new. I love adventure.
>>
>>18305208
You can work on a student visa, but you'll get fucked in the ass being tertiary education costs in pretty much every country you go to.

I have no idea what the process is for a working holiday visa for any country
>>
Why these specific countries? There are much nicer places
>>
>>18305251
lower cost of living desu. They aren't too bad i don't think
>>
>>18305254
> Guatemala
> Not bad
>>
>>18306037
>>18306037
what could be worse than living in Detroit?
>>
>>18306037
Well obviously guatemala is the last of my choices but I was only using them as an example. I think it would be cool to work anywhere in meso america or in like south america just as long as its not Brazil of Venezuela
>>
>>18306163
why not brazil?
>>
guatemalan anon here

>>18306163
>>18306037
rude

>>18305208
don't come here
and if you do, don't be an absolute hippie and stay in antigua smoking weed and fucking local girls all day
if you want to work in the city, i'll share some tips with you:
1. costs of living are relatively low, yes. but any job you get will be minimum wage and you will make aprox. $13 a day
2. the people you will work with are frustratingly stupid and slow learning. I went from one of the highest tier high schools directly to working a minimum wage job and i was astounded at the lack of critical thinking skills that people have around here
3. if you work in a nice hotel, expect very rude rich customers who will yell at you for the most petty shit
4. you will most likely get hazed for being a gringo if you work with lower class people

i can answer more questions if you have them
>>
>>18306438
cont.
if you want to have a gap year (as in free time and nice experiences) absolutely don't try to get a job here.
the hours are fucking awful and free time is very very scarce
you are often at the whim of an asshole manager who can just ask you to work unpaid overtime and get away with it, and traffic jams guarantee that you get home late and exhausted.

work here is fucking shit i hate it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.