[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got caught using some chunks of a friends code for a class

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: coding.jpg (186KB, 1300x894px) Image search: [Google]
coding.jpg
186KB, 1300x894px
I got caught using some chunks of a friends code for a class project and now the teacher wants to see me in his office

What do?
>>
Tell me about the professor. Is it a man or woman? From Us or foreign, new or old?

The class project is it something obscure so there is only one way to do something? Or is it very clear you copied and their denying?

I've had friends go through this many time and I can help but I nee to know more about the professor, you, your relationship and how copied things are
>>
>>18305051
man from US, new
some functions are the same, but how they are called through the main function is different
>>
How much is some? Are the functions exactly the same?
Could you explain what they do if asked?
>>
I'm sorry, but what did you expect when you copied?
>>
>>18305069
you lazy cheating piece of shit. You can't even answer my entire fucking question?

What the fuck does it mean some functions are the same? Is the logical identical or did you literally copy and paste blindly not even trying to hide it?

I'm trying to help you but you can't even fucking write up the situation I can't do shit.

How fucking stupid are you?
>>
File: copypasta.jpg (302KB, 1560x2048px) Image search: [Google]
copypasta.jpg
302KB, 1560x2048px
lol say it's under beerware license
>>
You should have hired me to do it for you. Tell them you thought the functions were part of the library, had copied the friends code to compare running speeds.
>>
>>18305046
Don't use other peoples code in the same class as you? Honestly if its at the point where you have to rely on other peoples code to pass then you are clearly not working hard enough or simply don't get it at all.
>>
>>18305046
Confess all. Throw yourself at his mercy. Say you were under tremendous pressure and did something out of character. Ask for the opportunity to do it again, wholly fresh, for partial credit.

Catch a particularly soft-hearted prof on a good day and you might get that much.
>>
>>18305167
this, OP is fucking stupid and deserves to get expelled
>>
>>18305046
CS grad here.
You're fucked OP.

If the prof decided to call you out on it it is probably pretty obvious. Admit your guilt and throw yourself at his mercy. If you're lucky you will just get a failing grade for the course but won't be expelled.
>>
>>18305948
Even the more severe professors that I have meet will, at least, be a little more considerate if you do this.
>>
>>18305046
DENY DENY DENY
Jesus never admit you cheated if he pulls up both sections say wow we really think alike seriously cheating can get you kicked out NEVER ADMIT ANYTHING.

and in the future dont copy from your friend
>>
>>18305948
this anon has never been caught cheating, the teacher has to prove its not more than chance and unless you copied pretty much everything from your friend (seriously Ive seen people whove copied 80% or more) do not even consider giving in, all they need is you admitting it and you're kicked.

If anything say you paid for a private tutor but you did all the work.
>>
>>18305167
I like how punitive you became when op didn't follow up to all your questions. You seem to know the most, got first post, the whole shebang.

Fuck op, rot my nigga
>>
How many lines of code and how unique is it to the solution? You can just say you both worked on a similar problem before and took that code.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.